LG Nexus 4 E960

LG Nexus 4 E960

Yes, my wife's Nexus 4 is over 4 years old and still going, but has a few problems. The main one is the on/off switch, which rarely works so we have to leave it on all the time; sometimes the battery runs out and takes forever to recharge. In performance comparisons with my Sony Xperia SP C5303, the Nexus beats the Sony hands down, and is more bulletproof. If I want to do web browsing, I use the Nexus-- much faster. Will keep using this phone until it dies, then consider upgrading to maybe Moto G6S Plus or Nokia 6.1. Will not get an iPhone on principle-- what a ripoff they are?

Dhanu1608, 05 Feb 2018I want to Buy Touch Sreen These Photo Where to Plz Tel Me I bought this touch screen for my E960, then I found the touch screen is laminated with the LCD display, when I separated them, the LCD display was broken too, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Front-Panel-Glass-Lens-Replacement-for-LG-Google-Nexus-4-E960-Adhesive/32490868937.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Zqv4AZ

I ended up buying this touch screen/ LCD/ and frame combination, it is fixed now. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-5-Black-For-LG-Optimus-Google-Nexus-4-E960-LCD-Display-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Monitor/32834115682.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.Zqv4AZ

• Dhanu1608

I want to Buy Touch Sreen These Photo Where to Plz Tel Me

super true, if it was not because cracked screen and cost of replace more than 100 USD, this may be my spare phone.. NFC, barometer,compass, no lag at all ... best of its era

• Rio

I remember i buy this phone way back 2013, now I'm saving money to buy a new one, but what can i say up until now this phone is like bruce lee, i still love it, in gaming playing final fantasy exvius there's no lag simultaneous cast of different magics, there's no lag still superb, the reason im buying a new one is storage capacity, I'm still aiming for Snapdragon variant it never failed me when it comes to performance.

• Moj

AnonD-712287, 01 Nov 2017I have LG nexus 4 how can install full soft ware for my ... morehi
if you want to flash stock rom you can just grab it from google android developer site.

This phone was the first love of my life back in 2012... I gave it to someone who desperately needed a phone because her phone broke, but I was using it till very later on, I used the Samsung Galaxy Alpha.

It was cheap to buy, yet had that premium quality feel to it. It was the closest experience you could get to stock android at the time. It was very advanced at the time of release, to the point the hardware was ahead of most of the phones on the market even two years later... and it's something to say considering the hardware improvement rate of Smartphones exploded since then. So overall, everything ran very well on that phone without a single problem.

The only problems bugging me with that phone at the time were the glass screen on the back, the heating and the battery.

The back of the phone's glass was a joke : So many friends that had the same phones had this glass cracked less than two months after owning it... including myself. It was mandatory that you bought a very good case as soon as you own the phone. Otherwise, I was playing a lot Robot Unicorn Attack 2 at the time and I remember I couldn't play more than 15 minutes because the phone was becomming stuttery and very hot. As for the battery, it was bearable at first, but the durability dropped quickly after a year.

I have LG nexus 4 how can install full soft ware for my mobile device

7.7, 07 Oct 2017Gonna have to disagree with you on that since it doesn't have LTEThe E960 does have 4G LTE mode
Go to the dialpad/phone.
Dial in the this number: *#*#4636#*#*
Tap "Phone info"
Tap the drop down list under "Set preferred network type".
Select your LTE requirements from the list (not all the list fits on the screen at once)
The 4G LTE network will now be activated.

AnonD-472515, 11 Oct 2017I thought because update kernel remove LTE from the devices.It never had LTE bands to begin with, check the specs they don't show any LTE bands

7.7, 07 Oct 2017Gonna have to disagree with you on that since it doesn't have LTEI thought because update kernel remove LTE from the devices.

AnonD-670209, 19 Sep 2017best phone of its era, i believe it still can compete i... moreGonna have to disagree with you on that since it doesn't have LTE

• razibul

may phone softwer problem but no solishone

best phone of its era,

i believe it still can compete in 2016,, beside the battery..

i still have it, but the glass is broken..beautiful design,,best OS without bloatware, no lag..NFC gyrometer, barometer ,,

• Ald

Having problem with video.It is uploaded through what'sapp and is not playing.
The message is an error.
Anyone knows what is going on ?

• Amoxy

Aman, 11 Jul 2017LG Nexus 4 phone is good but power button is not working pr... moreFantastic phone, only con is battery issue (or how others have mentioned it turning off automatically.)

Mine was going strong for 4+ years, started having same problems. All I did was order a new battery online for it, now it's great again. I think the OEM battery just loses its capacity to hold a charge. But again, this is after 4 years, I'd arguably call that 'standard' :-)

TL;DR - Buy a New Battery Online for it, OEM if even possible.

Hi. Hope you guys doing great. Can i get best Nouget rom link (a stable one like original 5.1) for nexus 4?
Have a good day.

• Mustafa

Mine is about 4.5 years old (I'm typing this on my Nexus 4 lol). Works great for the most part. Shut down automatically every once in a while and freezes once in a blue moon, but great otherwise. I've just ordered HTC One M9 and am waiting for it to arrive. Will pass this on to my brother in law, God willing.

• Aman

LG Nexus 4 phone is good but power button is not working properly and its powered off suddenly and sometime hang don't know why??

Phone has good specs but fails to utilize them.

Its a good phone for $135 on ebay but I have to reset quite often because power button fails to work or the phone freezes or hangs. Its like its got a massive brain but doesn't know how to use it.
The 5MP camera is terrible though. Compared to an iphone 4 its crap (i don't like apple btw)
Still, for the price, I'm happy to put up with its faults since it does pretty much everything.