LG Optimus One P500

LG Optimus One P500

• navind

kolkata , 15 Jan 2011yes u r right but how some members in this forum reported that ... moreAs suggested by modibimal, am opting for "USE ONLY 2G NETWORK" option, lets c how well it fares... though Andriod it self tags the option saying "Saves Battery" . I just speed of chat, mail, web access doesnt slows down drastically... as in 'E' mode has appeared instead of 'H' or '3G' on homescreen for network mode... am using Reliance GSM in Mumbai

Though

• navind

Neo, 14 Jan 2011HI User: Formatting Card: Try to get a class 10 card,best fo... moreThanks Neo..

@Shakti - you can check Neo reply to my very same query, click on the above link or its on page 2 for the day...

@Kolkata - Even my battery lasts till the day end, then it surely needs recharge... Bollywoodji Force stop is the first thing i do after every switchon... FB is unticked for Sync, Gmail account in sync only for "GMAIL" no contacts, calender or picasa...Yahoo Contacts is on No sync mode...brightness is 30%...display off is 30secs...task killer if off...
still no improvement...yes only thing is Network mode is GSM/WCDMA AUTO, for only 2G you need to keep it as GSM only mode..does that makes a big difference?

• Anup

Where can I store my Memos?

• modibimal

kris, 15 Jan 2011thanks for the info pal! im getting this next week..what color s... moreWe have only black available in India. Dont know what other countries are getting. But black is looking good as it resembles rubber and the surface has actually rubbery so..

• kris

modibimal, 15 Jan 2011Yes, the built in LG Keyboard has traditional keypad (Multi tap,... morethanks for the info pal! im getting this next week..what color suits for men? can you sugest?

• Xrub

Prateek Gupta, 13 Jan 2011Hi, Skype does require a 3G or a wi-fi connection.Skype does require a 3G or a wi-fi connection

I fail to undestand why we cannot use Skype with 2G or 2.5G
in our phone while i am able to make skype video calls when i connect the same phone to the computer using the same gprs.
Does it mean the phone is not powerful enough to utilize the gprs fully to make a skype call?
Could anyone explain this.

• modibimal

modibimal, 15 Jan 2011See it depends on various factors, sometimes if your place has l... moreOne more thing left (Only for Indian users).

Whenever you boot your phone, dont forget to Force Close Bollywoodji app.

• modibimal

KOLKATA , 15 Jan 2011he bhagwan kaise ???? i do the same thing but my battery back up... moreSee it depends on various factors, sometimes if your place has low coverage then that may also lower the battery backup.

Also don't forget to change network type (2G/3G). Settings/Wireless & network settings/Mobile network settings: tick 'Use only 2G networks'.

Keep Power control widget on screen, use very low brightness inside home/office. If you need you can switch between brightness through this Power control widget.

Go to Settings/Accounts & sync settings: tap your Gmail id and untick 'Sync Picasa Web Albums'.

Dont keep running builtin Facebook/Twitter apps, rather use 3rd party apps.

Dont keep online widgets running on screen, that keep sucking your phone's battery.

Dont use any Taskiller, let Android manage RAM.

I hope this will help you to achieve best battery backup.

• KOLKATA

Prateek Gupta, 14 Jan 2011Hi, First of all go to settings->SD card and phone storage-&... morethanks a lot ...

• KOLKATA

ajay, 14 Jan 2011i am ajay from punjab. i baught this phone 2 weeks ago from loca... morehe bhagwan kaise ???? i do the same thing but my battery back up lasts only one day ????????????????????????????????????????????????­

• kolkata

navind, 14 Jan 2011Hi I have tried various listed steps to save battery...GPS deact... moreyes u r right but how some members in this forum reported that their set give back up of 2-3 days .?????

• asif

js1970, 14 Jan 2011thank´s for the reply, but I don´t have speed dial o... morehey yu should try out KDZ firmware updater with ur original firmware http://www.tech-mania.com/2011/flash-original-fi­rmware-lg-optimus/ .... this link has the base firmware for Indian version, yu just have to get hold of the version yu want from the list ... hope this helps yu out .

• Sakthi

I heard that the OS comes pre-installed on the 2gb memory card provided with the phone. If I need to upgrade the memory card, how do I trasfer the Os and installed apps? Please help me out...

• modibimal

ajay, 14 Jan 2011dont update to 2.2.1 as i downgraded back because its very slow.How did you downgrade?

• modibimal

Raccoon, 14 Jan 2011I agree about the new firware (2.2.1). It does seem to have made... moreDo you really have O1?? I doubt.

I do not agree with any of the things you pointed out. (Except camera).

O1 has the best battery backup on any Android phone of its class. I'm using it with full sync (except Picassa sync) with push gmail & two more email accounts with every hour sync, it lasts full day with normal use and still have 20-25% juice left. This includes third party twitter client for around 2-3 hours a day. I use only 2G mode with less than 30% display brightness.

Touch is good, only thing is that screen registers your touch after a while to avoid accidental touch. Thats good actually. Remember its capacitive touch.

Loudspeaker is very loud but not breaking any sound on full volume.

I'm sure about what I've mentioned above coz I'm using O1 since last one month.

• modibimal

kris, 15 Jan 2011to all users of this phone..does it have the option to write mes... moreYes, the built in LG Keyboard has traditional keypad (Multi tap, ABC type). There are two keyboards comes loaded, LG Keyboard & Android Keyboard.

• kris

to all users of this phone..does it have the option to write message in conventional keypad like the one in bar phones?coz as i look it only has Qwerty..pls inform coz i want this android mobile.

• js1970

netcrack, 14 Jan 2011Go to contacts, then press menu button, you will get options lik... morethank´s for the reply, but I don´t have speed dial option in there.When I press ´´more´´ in the contacts menu, I just get two things, ´´Import/Export´´ and ´´My Profile´´. I have updated already to 2.2.1 and ended with software version v10-n. My phone is carrier suplied in Portugal (from Vodafone), and another thing I hated with the software update, is that the language in the phone changed to brazilian portuguese (it´s almost the same, but not quite equal...). How can I downgrade the software (if it´s even possible)? Thanks a lot to all...

• Raccoon

ajay, 14 Jan 2011i am ajay from punjab. i baught this phone 2 weeks ago from loca... moreI agree about the new firware (2.2.1). It does seem to have made my phone slower. I'd like to downgrade too. Whats wrong with LG??

Can't agree on some of the other points though -

Battery : it cannot be considered to be good. Of course if you use it like a v basic dumb phone with everything off, it may last as long as you have mentioned. I need at least EDGE to be on most of the time. But then why buy this phone? Buy a 1k phone instead. However, this issue is of course not limited only with O1. Other Android phone battery life are known to be same or worse. People looking for decent battery life will be disappointed with these phones.

Touch : it is a tad on the lower side for a capacitive screen. I'd say its something between a capacitive and resistive screen. Not a deal breaker though.

Sound : on (loud)speakers it is NOT good, esp. when volume is on higher side. Same when using speaker phone when on a call... voice starts "breaking". Have others observed this too, or is it just me??

Camera : camera is NOT great. Its just ok. Samsung G3 cam is better. Just compare pics before commenting. Cams on some other Samsung models (same/similar spec, price) are even better. So if cam quality is the most important thing, I would suggest looking elsewhere.

So lets not get carried away. Overall, the O1 really does not excel at anything in particular. But yes, at the given price and after considering competing phones, it can of course be said to be a good buy and offers a lot, overall.

• shraddha

hey guys can anyone plz tell me which headset lg is providing wid dis....is it bds one or normal..ow is its sound qality