LG V30S ThinQ

LG V30S ThinQ

Recently updated to Android 9 through the LG bridge program and since then I've noticed a slight lag in the OS and the always on "Hey Google" "Ok Google" doesn't respond as easily as it did before the update. Every time it doesn't recognize I have to restart my phone. If you use the retrain voice feature after completion and you select to have it work when the phone is locked it gives error saying try again and to restart your phone.

• Petu

An update to version 9 pie is available!

• twisted_freak

If you dont plan to change phone anytime soon, do not upgrade android version. Learned my lesson the hard way.

• ThinQ

Frustated by LG, 31 Aug 2019Worst Experience in getting software update. Dont want to buy LG... moreSo true am waiting for Android 9.0 still no updates I made a stupid decision by moving to LG next time will move to Samsung devices. I chose this device because am an audiophile but when it comes to updates this phone sucks big time. No more LG never ever again

• Mikey D

Anyword will this model get Android 9.0 ? GSM arena normal post in the spec sheet the soon to be upgrades. It does not show it on the sheet.

• Frustated by LG

Worst Experience in getting software update. Dont want to buy LG products now. WORST!!!!

Anonymous, 19 Jun 2019I just bought the 254 GB / 6 GB version second hand with mint co... moreWhy did u sell the note9 for this device?

I just bought the 254 GB / 6 GB version second hand with mint condition for USD 230. It has:

+ Hi Fi Quad DAC Sound
+ Snapdragon 835
+ NFC
+ Stereo FM radio with RDS
+ Acceptable Battery Life of 93h gsmarena battery test

This phone has almost everything on it and still rocks even in 2019. I sold my Galaxy Note 9 today.

• Ali

bilalhawk, 12 Jan 2019i bout this phone is great and very responsive i love itwhere you buy it ?

• bilalhawk

i bout this phone is great and very responsive i love it

This phone is the good stuff!

Comparatively at the top of the pack, and well beyond Apple's latest!

• Ivar

Tanjung perak, 30 Jun 2018Battery life review???? Come on gsmarena......same goes to v35 p... morestill no tests unfortunately :(

Macbeth, 20 Jul 2018Will it be getting Android P update?I am no longer counting on getting Pie. LG just got around to patching the phone to March 1, 2018; that's a full 6 months behind the current Android patch level for Oreo. Maybe we'll get 9.0 when 10 finally comes to other phones. 8.0.2 works well enough on this phone; I'm more concerned about security. There are lots of great features on the V30S for the price, but LG service/support is disappointing.

Will it be getting Android P update?

Anonymous, 08 May 2018Does anyone know which US carrier supports this phone and which ... moreIf you can afford to pay all at once, consider purchasing off contract through B&H or another online reseller. The unlocked version will work with the big 4 and most smaller carriers. I got mine for $279 cheaper than what my carrier sell it for. Add in optional drop/spill insurance for half what I'd have paid and it's a real bargain. B&H also has the exclusive matte Moroccan Blue finish; granted color is not a reason to purchase a phone, but it is nice.

I recently got the V30S to replace an aging ZTE Axon 7 as it is getting a little temperamental and has accumulated too many security issues. Speaking of issues, FedEx royally screwed up the express delivery and was completely apathetic about it. ...but I digress. The LG phone is only slightly wider and taller than the Axon but has a much bigger screen and is notably lighter. The camera is far superior as well.

PROS:
-Longer battery life. The battery is at 50-75% when I go to bed compared to 30-60% with the Axon 7
-Brighter, easy to read the screen with balanced color
-Excellent cameras, though LG's native camera app isn't that great IMO
-Fantastic sound! FLAWLESS with wired headphones
-IP68 certified
-T-Mobile bands 66 AND 71
-6GB RAM makes it very responsive
-128GB internal storage plus SD card is very welcome (I own a TONS of music and take lots of pictures)
-Cellular, WiFi, and Bluetooth radios work great
-2 years warranty total (see CONS)
-Screen edges are comfortably curved but there is no phantom touch like on Samsung S8 and S9
-The screen can natively be custom color corrected (I'm a photographer, I care!)
-The fingerprint sensor is responsive and well placed
-Charges fast either wired or wirelessly
-Apps are well behaved (Except Engadget, but it crashes on all my Androids)
-I love the Moroccan Blue finish!
-Fewer security risks than Chinese made phones like ZTE or Huawei

CONS:
-After a week emailing back and forth, LG has still has not updated the database that will allow me to register my phone with them! They did admit it was a clerical error on their part, but don't seem to be in a hurry to correct it.
-Glass backs make me nervous even with a case
-No power button on the side (fingerprint sensor or Knock Knock)
-No Stereo speakers
-LG's skin is mediocre and Nova Launcher doesn't work properly

Battery life review???? Come on gsmarena......same goes to v35 please make the review

One thing makes this phone the KING.
3.5 mm jack!
Shamesung makes phones without warranty but LG crack em all!
Go to hell samesh*t, long live KING LG

• MakkaCha

Anonymous, 08 May 2018Does anyone know which US carrier supports this phone and which ... moreI'm pretty sure you can get on on Amazon, but the price is going to be inflated. You can use At&t or T-Mobile for sim card.