Motorola E398

Motorola E398

• Daz

Hey.. i'm asking this again maybe no one saw my previous post.. can you connect normal stereo headphones to the phone to listen to music? Or just motorola ones?

• Alex

I bought a E398 nearly 3 months ago, it is a perfect phone with no problems at all, I have 17 MP3 songs in my phone (64 MB)and I usally listen to them every night before I go to bed. Thanks MOTO.

• dEck

does anyone know how can a MP3 bit rate be reduced from 128kbps to 64kbps...etc? Also, when you bought this fone, what is the default memory card density? thanks!

• confused

Thanks to Veejay, Kristy, and friendly moto-rians!
The handset was send to moto service center and I was lucky to be attended by a very attractive female staff. :).. The firmware was upgraded from 34r to 95r.... (it took 3 hours!). At the same time, my headset was magically fixed. She showed me how to "push it in" the headset slot which I thought I did! WOW!!! I never thought my 40x mp3s (@56kb) sounded so good on the headset!
I bought a really great phone!!!!

• confused

Thanks to Veejay, Kristy, and friendly moto-rians!
I bought a really great phone!!!!

• uthish

the kink is now sellin e398 for 150!!!!!!i cnt believe it:):)

• Leo

thanks vic for the info! il pass by libis maybe next week and ask for ferlee personally. :)

one Question though... HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER TRIED TO CUT AN MP3 SONG USING THE MOBILE PHONE TOOL SW AND TRANSFERRED IT SUCCESSFULLY TO THE PHONE? if yes... can you tell me how you did it or what is the 3rd party apps you used to cut an mp3 for it to become a ringtone.

• vic

jojo - for starters i suggest you ask SE service solutions if they will upgrade your phone since you got it from taiwan. i posted their number earlier. look for JON and ask him all the advantages of the new s/w. personally i think the new 93r merely eliminated my music uploading problems. suggest you don't go for the upgrade if you are pleased with the way your unit is performing. as the old adage goes, "don't fix it if it aint broken"...

• jojo

to vic - i already emailed u..i'm kinda curious about that software upgrade..wat was that all about?

any pinoy there who has a red/silver version of this phone who wants to swap it with a black one?i have black kc..i got this phone from globe..i subscribed to a supplementary plan to avail of this phone (9K cash out)..it's cool, but i just wanna try another color....some say it's also nice..so i myt swap it with a phone coming from globe too..

• vic

veejay: tap extended has been absent since i got my phone. the software upgrade to 93r didnt address this problem. so i cant have smiley "u's" nor "enye" which we frequently use. perhaps the motorola execs didn't know that pinoys use spanish characters apart from english. it could be unsettling when you want to use a cool emoticon to express how you feel. but hey, its still smashing value for money! got it for 9k ($160) during a globe promo. it now costs a whopping 19.8k($354.00) !

• vic

LEO - congrats! we are among the privelaged to own the red and white (more like pearl) version! people i've met usually think its a k700i. motorola phones are serviced by SE service solutions @ the 30th floor IBM Plaza. phone 9957355 to 57. ask for charming ferlee ann. software upgrade is free. takes a mere 15 to 30 mins for them to do the job. there is still noticeable lag when u simultaneously play mp3 while browsing. suggest you inquire if the 95r is available before you go to this congested area.

• TK

The mp3 player can only play 22kHz mp3 player files.. even if they are of higher quality the phone only plays them at 22kHz.. so.. that's kinda low.. any modern mp3 player can play 44kHz quality sound.. so.. the E398 looses quite some points here.. Sure, it's loud, has powerfull speakers.. but only 22kHz quality sound.. :(

• Rebel

Hey Mysterium! I had exactly that same situation (see my message near bottom of page). Yeah I haven't discovered any solution yet but still trying... no one answered my message "can anyone tell me if the MobilePhoneTools CD works on Virtual PC (Windows 2000)?? I'm having trouble connecting through USB cable... This CD doesn't work on Macs.

Any answer would be much appreciated."
Can't wait to hear more about this... thanks ")

hey MAICAL, is thereany place i can get some new Themes for the phone other than the few it comes with? thanks

• Daz

Hey.. can you connect normal stereo headphones to the phone to listen to music? Because i don't really like the ones that come with the phone..

• Ari_0

Where do I BUY the SILVER and RED version offline/ sim free?? Where dammit? I want this phone.

• Mysterium

MOTOROLA PHONE TOOLS!!!
I haven't read anything about that program, i just bought my E398 but when I try to connect to that program via USB, nothing happens! the "virtual phone" apears but just say "initializing...".
I searched for patchs or upgrades but..nothing.
Anyone more have this problem?
Thanks

• John K.

The E398 is a really nice piece of work, i have to admit.. I bought it to use it as an MP3 player mainly and i have to admit i am impressed. It sounds as good as my friend's Creative' MUVO TXFM Mp3 player.

• Maical

veejay, u made me laugh
just activate the answer setting for headset...

• Kristy

choy- i am using the 64mb flashcard supplied with my phone. i can hold around 40 full mp3s.
confused- i can listen to mp3s and use my stereo headset as a handsfree. can answer it using the button on the headsets mic.