Motorola Moto G8 Plus

Motorola Moto G8 Plus

It has the worst signal and sim card slot on a smart phone

This device has a serious problem and Motorola is not able to solve it. Please refer to Lenovo forum:

Re: Random Shudown on Moto G8 Plus
‎02-11-2020 10:03 AM
Hello Everyone,

As we said, this is still under investigation and we appreciate all the things you've tried even far as servicing the device, however, we don't yet recommend doing that nor we can guarantee that you will not experience the same behavior. We're glad though that you're seeing improvements with the replacement/repaired devices, but we're still analyzing this and finding its root cause. We will keep everyone here updated. Please let us know too if you come up with any workaround.

If you have bug reports kindly send it to Zeke via PM. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Does moto g8 plus have ufs 2.1 storage?

• dario

hi

has wi - fi calling ?
thanks

• FOTOMAN

good concept, good price!

Rathan, 16 Dec 2019Very 3 class device..touch is very laggy and misses some touch a... moreStill will buy.

Fresh, 08 Jan 2020This phone doesn't allow the SD card to be formatted to internal... morethat´s not Motorola fold. It´s not allowed since android 7 I guess. i fyou need more storage just choose another model

• Fresh

This phone doesn't allow the SD card to be formatted to internal storage, only portable storage, which means you can't store apps on it. Apps can only be stored on the phone's internal memory. Confirmed by Motorola.

Naveen, 02 Jan 2020After fighting with Airtel for over a week i have been able to a... moreOk
Great
Thanks yaar

• argento

Moto G8+ is missing NFC in Argentina. Very sadly. NFC is needed for bus/metro mass transport here. Previous models used to have it. It's a pity :(

• Naveen

Anonymous, 27 Dec 2019Ohhhhhh I am also from banglore By the way, any idea regardi... moreAfter fighting with Airtel for over a week i have been able to activate Airtel VoLTE

Solution to activate Airtel VoLTE.

1st insert the SIM in any of VoLTE compatible mobile listed on airtel site. Wait for 1hour and check if VoLTE appears

if it doesn't then call customer service and ask to activate the VoLTE services.

once VoLTE is working then insert the SIM in moto g8+.

it will work.

NOTE - if you already have VoLTE activated and working it works.

• Jonathan

very nice phone am getting mine soon don't know how to access it

Naveen, 27 Dec 2019yes bro.. no support for Airtel & Vodafone VoLTE on this... moreOhhhhhh
I am also from banglore

By the way, any idea regarding Vivo U20 compared to this one

Thanks

• Naveen

Anonymous, 27 Dec 2019R you sure? Actually I am planning to buy this one In which ... moreyes bro..

no support for Airtel & Vodafone VoLTE on this mobile.

I even got an email confirmation from Airtel on this.

I am from Bangalore ( India)

Naveen, 24 Dec 2019AIRTEL & VODAFONE VoLTE feature not working. Airtel says ... moreR you sure?
Actually I am planning to buy this one

In which city you are now?

• Naveen

AIRTEL & VODAFONE VoLTE feature not working.

Airtel says doesn't support this model and advises to upgrade to a new model.

not sure about Jio.

Anonymous, 26 Nov 2019Does call recording apps work with g8 plusAs frar as I know in android 9 teh call recording feature is available through the default call app (Galaxy devices). As for Moto, you may try a demo or go for third party app. But in India it is against law. So, you have to delete the call recording manually to not lagal actions. Regards.

Anonymous, 01 Dec 2019Is g8 plus better than one vision/ one action / z4 ? G8 plus ha... moreThey all are different device with different camera functions. Action or Zoom or the other one is like a specific tool. But Moto G8 plus is all rounder. The camera itself is great at the price range. You can see the youtube video reviews for more info.

Anonymous, 20 Dec 2019I would like to know if MotoG8 plus has a dual sim card. Thank youIn India it comes as Hybrid slot. I mean either 2 SIMs or 1 SIM + 1 memory card.

Akash10, 07 Dec 2019I recently bought Moto g8 plus on 29th Nov from Flipkart. Althou... moreIf I were you, i should have replaced the old SIM with a new SIM. Sometimes older SIMs go weird and behave strange.

I will advice you to contact your Service provider and got replacement new SIM with same number. And try it. If the issue still persist then visit a nearby Moto authorised service centre. Regards.