Nokia 5233

Nokia 5233

My next phone will be an android for sure. But i have decided to use this phone at least for this year. 523x is surely the king of low end smart phone market. Look in daily mobile forums. Almost all symbian giants are planning to include an android on their phone list. I think any knowledgeable person will not buy a symbian phone shelling that much cash . Then the world will call him an idiot. Nokia itself has signed symbian's death certificate. They want to survive in smart phone war and making alliance with microsoft. One of my cousins came from US last month . He said people there are not even heard about symbian. Nokia tried maemo but it was the biggest disaster for them. But we indians should say that symbian^3 is not bad at all. People here are not even heard of android . But i bet that within a range of 2-3years the scenario will definitely change for smart people at least.

• Walkman

You seems to have knowledge on other phone models, but do you know your cheapo 5233 sucks! Or might as well pretend your using C7 or N8, youre gonna be stuck with 5233 for the rest of your life! Dream on

Guys just try the latest SPB shell 3.7.2. It's really good. I think I've finally gotten the hang of using it. Did a lil bit of testing as well. I've managed to get almost 2 days of moderate usage with the Shell running the whole time. I've also uninstalled N-desk and handy taskman as it seemed redundant as SPB shell already has a builtin task manager and launcher which is accessed by the menu button. Also liked the combined list for all calls. The contacts app is also something which I found to be very useful thanks to the smart dial kind of method for filtering contact entries easily and quickly. The media player widget is quite handy and useful as well. I guess 14mb of memory consumption is justified for the looks and features it offers. I managed to get around 45-50mb of free RAM on normal usage with no apps running in the background. Pretty impressive considering I only used to get much less than this before I started using modded cfw.

AnonD-542, 19 Mar 2011Not to forget the 'only landscape' user interface. I would rathe... moreSo for the time being it gonna be C7 then right mate? But hardware keyboard, Nintendo64 emulator, full blown firefox web browser, Debian linux and Open office are some of the things that will be misses. I guess the C7 can morethan make up for it with HD video recording, AMOLED display, slim n sexy form factor, superior 3D graphics hardware and engine, BT3.0, WiFi n-protocol, better battery backup and the reliability of the symbian platform. Man!! I'm confused.

AnonD-122, 19 Mar 2011Well mate it might be because it operates less like a phone and ... moreNot to forget the 'only landscape' user interface. I would rather go for symbian^3 with that cash or better still an android. But trying to decide which android to buy will be a real pain. N900 isn't bad but it has a dead OS with no future. Symbian at least has 2 more years left. And by then Android will be perfect and cheap as nokia in todays economy.

utk, 19 Mar 2011One of my friends owns an N900, he said the software is crap. Ad... moreWell mate it might be because it operates less like a phone and more like a portable mini computer. Yeah maemo has a lot of shortcomings as a phone but the platform is very powerful after all, the heart of it is a full blown linux kernel. Maybe I might change my mind when my brother is gonna get his C7. It's either gonna be the N900 or the C7 for me.

dks, 19 Mar 2011phone is very good. but lots of problam. 1.ovi store is not wo... moreYou have no idea about the bluetooth profiles it supports . Search about S60V5 platform that 5233 uses. Mate, give your phone to a friend who know about nokia phones . Or you can discuss these strange things with nokia care guys.
In my 5233 bluetooth is working like a charm. I download a lot of stuffs from Ovi store using my phone. And battery life is pretty good and lasts for 2 days on a single charge with normal usage.

• ekamber reddy

guys, busy having lot of fun time with the phone. I have almost all the lovely and functional symbian apps. downloaded from the most beautyful site mobile9. All's well, but the phone memory's getting low. Now only around 45mb left. I tried moving whichever files possible to the mmc, and when i check the folders on C, no big files exist, and whatever are present are few kbs or bytes. Then where did all the phone memory go? I want to format phone with *7370# code but that deletes other files on mmc. So i tried to remove the mmc and format but now i have to reinstall all the apps. newly, and again same problem. Phone memory being filled. Guys please help me regain my phone memory without all the risks.

• dks

phone is very good.
but lots of problam.
1.ovi store is not working.
2.not recive data by bluetooth
3.battery is automaticly dischared.
pleas pls solev my problam.

• utk

Vx, 17 Mar 2011Hi,guys download 'SMART OFFICE ' from mobile9. You will forget ... moreCool app mate. Thanks for the info.

• utk

AnonD-122, 18 Mar 2011Yeah mate S^3 is indeed a huge leap when compared with S^1. My f... moreOne of my friends owns an N900, he said the software is crap. Advantage of N900 is that you can port android to it.

AnonD-542, 18 Mar 2011No idea. I guess we will see it soon enough as the exams are sup... moreYeah mate S^3 is indeed a huge leap when compared with S^1. My friend owns a N8 and I played around with it for a little while. The UI is super smooth and the built quality is awesome. The phone feels rock solid. I liked the capacitive touchscreen especially. C7 is the next best thing to the N8. It only costs a lil bit more than C6-01. My bro has plans of buying one soon. He says his next phone will definitely be a C7. I told him that if he is getting a C7, then I should get a N900. One of my friend has one in quite a good condition for sale. But this will still be my primary phone as I don't think the N900 will serve me well as a basic phone for common tasks like telephony and messaging.

• Fetu

ekamber, 10 Jan 2011guys iam back again to shoot some more queries. Guys can somebod... morevery good

• dks

Vx, 18 Mar 2011Go to connectivity option in settings to turn the bluetooth on. ... morebloutoth is on but not recive data by any nokia phones (but recive data by china phones).
my GPRS is work smothly but ovi store not working

• Vx

dks, 18 Mar 2011ovi store is not work what can i do pleas tell me i am using BSN... moreGo to connectivity option in settings to turn the bluetooth on.
Ovi should work if your gprs is working.

• Vx

AnonD-542, 18 Mar 2011No idea. I guess we will see it soon enough as the exams are sup... moreYes, what are the features of s^3 ?

• Vx

AnonD-122, 18 Mar 2011Hi guys.... How's everyone doin? As for me still enjoying every ... moreBlaze will released on 21st .
It is having original firmware files in c6 structure.
I tried it's beta . Good one.

• Shrikant

It is very best mobile. Easy to handling

AnonD-122, 18 Mar 2011Hi guys.... How's everyone doin? As for me still enjoying every ... moreNo idea. I guess we will see it soon enough as the exams are supposed to be over anytime soon.
The last few days of me were mostly filled with symbian^3. Yes, a cousin of mine bought a nokia c7 and I have been trying it out. Although he hasn't installed much stuffs yet as his exams are still going on (couple of practicals left) so I too haven't yet had the chance of knowing it much. But he did install NFS shift (82mb) and I too played a bit. Man....this symbian^3 thing is really good. First of all the speed of the UI and the amazing prowess of the GPU. The media player that beats that of iphone by miles (the album flow). Everything seems perfect now. At least now nokia fans can say that symbian retired being totally perfect (WinMo7 will replace it). I will give more info on it if anyone is interested.

Hi guys.... How's everyone doin? As for me still enjoying every second with my phone and trying out new things everyday. Hope everyone here is having a good time as well. By now everyone might have already tried and fallen in love with the new Picsel Smart office. Man this is such a good app. Before this I never thought my phone would be capable of handling docs with so much ease. Tried the new SPB shell 3.7.2 as well. Though a bit resource hungry (consumes about 14mb of RAM), this latest version is very easy on the battery and is much more smoother and responsive than the previous versions I've tried. Any news on when Blaze will be officially released?