Nokia 5233

Nokia 5233

Anonymous, 04 Feb 2011Ritesh, plz some tel me, how was the experience of nokia 5233, ... moreits nice phone

• overseer

AnonD-542, 05 Feb 2011Everything runs perfectly.The same old katalyst^2. I don't like... moreYa dude,ndesk is gud enough.bt i feel by using ndesk on katalyst i wl not get the feautres which i m getting in c6 based firmware,like photon c6 or unleashed tribute edition.the feauters r:
* browsing in gallery is around 5 times faster compared to katalyst. N it got a new style of browsing.
* music player also works many times faster than katalyst or d original firmware.
* u can add your favourite contacts using Add to favourites option.this makes us to sending text or to making calls easy.
* dialler got a new look and contact search is enbled here.which is usuful.
* widgetized home screen, thts the best part.
* if you are using the unleashed tribute edition (c6 based), then you can place your personal/secret images or videos in the "Wallpapers" folder in memory card. Gallery and videos will not show these files. i.e. you can hide your files without any app.

So these are the plus points, so its upon you what you choose.but for me it is best till now,n its bugless now. hav a look.

Angat, 05 Feb 2011Which cfw u r using ? is it being stable and bugless to run all... moreEverything runs perfectly.The same old katalyst^2.
I don't like c6 that much. Too heavy on resources.
And now as I use N-desk, I don't miss c6 at all. Even bought the code to make it registered. The best app I ever used (use even less ram than the default menu, still very fast and very stable). Arranging icons is a breeze. Full screen menu and changeable grid structure is another plus. Now am using 6x4 menu structure. I seriously recommend ndesk to everyone.

• Angat

AnonD-542, 05 Feb 2011Hmm....i don't remember you asking in this forum. Anyways, thats... moreWhich cfw u r using ?
is it being stable and bugless to run all phone operations smoothly and able to run java apps fine too ?

AnonD-542, 05 Feb 2011Hmm....i don't remember you asking in this forum. Anyways, thats... moreThanks,mate.I will try that. I think i have an idea about those files which makes theme effects. Grayburn posted it in forums.Also it gives a great feel when we use our own custome theme effects.

AnonD-350, 04 Feb 2011guys,today i combined discord and smoke theme effects. Not much ... moreHmm....i don't remember you asking in this forum. Anyways, thats not all you can do, mate. First hear what i did.
I used 'discord' effects in the rofs2 file when i flashed. After using it for some time i used c2z to apply 'glide' effects. Everything was working beautifully untill i felt that some of the effects like switching an application or opening an application wasn't good enough in 'glide' compared to 'discord'. So, i just went to the 'effects' folder in C:/resource and deleted those effects. As a result, the phone started showing those perticular effects from the 'effects' folder inside Z drive (i.e the discord ones). For eg, when opening the dialer we see an effect and while closing it, we see another. I made sure, the opening effect comes from 'discord' while the closing comes from 'glide'.
In this way i joined two effects by mixing the files inside.
You just need to know which file inside the 'effects' folder show which effect. Or else you might mess things up. Try it....

• fRanquiKong

I used revised version of Nokia 5233, the Nokia 5228, at first I was not satisfied, until I discovered the customized firmwares... I love to use now... Everything is advantage... :)

guys,today i combined discord and smoke theme effects. Not much to do. I copied .png files like' smoke.png' from the effects folder of smoke, to the effects folder of discord .Then applied it using c2z patch. It worked. Now smoke is visible in the option pop-ups of discord. So i think in this way you can combine theme effects and make your own. Expert people may wonder what is new in it. But for me, it is a big thing in a situation where i asked how to combine these effects on many forums , and didn't get any answer !

• siddharth

Amjad, 03 Feb 2011Hi guys, i'm Amjad from Kerala. I'd like to have a nokia phone b... moredude i suggest you to go for the nokia 5233.......its really a awesome phone...u will really enjoy the features of it......be a pround owner of NOKIA 5233...all the best

• siddharth

Atr, 03 Feb 2011Hello i have recently bought this phone . It's good. I have diff... moredude the software which you were trying to install from mobile 9 sometimes may not installed properly coz of that software would not suites to our hanset...i also faced the same problem...i suggest you check the software before istalling dude.......

Amjad, 04 Feb 2011Hey bro, thanks a lot for your brief update especially that the ... moreOxford dictionary

• overseer

AnonD-350, 04 Feb 2011well, you got any bugs in c6 cfw?i use unleashed . Media bar not... moreNo man, unleashead tribute is bugless.to make d mediabar working,use d KILLME application,n then search for the "mediabar.exe" in unsure tab,and then move it to the protected tab. N do a restart.it wl work.n my java app is workng well, i suggest u to do a hard reset by dialling *#7370#
i m getting 55-60 mb ram. Photon c6-02 is good n fast too.

• ash

i have a nokia 5233 good phone

• Amjad

AnonD-613, 03 Feb 2011Go for 5233. It also comes with virtual qwerty keypad and the ke... moreHey bro, thanks a lot for your brief update especially that the music player is good.. its one of my main concerns apart from call quality, smooth functioning of interface without hanging.
Can you please suggest a
*good offline dictionary app and
*some good third party music players?
*as for its maintenance part, what kind of pouch would you suggest - silicone type or fully covered kinda pouches? thanx in advance

• Amjad

AnonD-350, 03 Feb 2011go for a 5233 for sure. Be smart and become a smart phone owner ... moreThanks for your reply bro! it is a smartphone.. i do agree. I was jst curious because its the first time i'm gonna use one. I'm not to keen on various apps and stuff.. jst hope that touch screen response and sound and call quality are good. All the remaining features are an added bonus for me :)

Ritesh,
plz some tel me, how was the experience of nokia 5233, bcoz i want to buy this phone. Plz guide me....

• novice

Shane, 02 Feb 2011well try hisii or gnubox..google itthanks shane. i used hiisi to connect with pc internet. all goes well but stops at 500 internal error. any help?

AnonD-542, 03 Feb 2011Hey everyone!!! If you want to oomph your device and love it mo... moreGood app. Got oomph in mobile.

AnonD-746, 03 Feb 2011Ahem ...ahem... Nyc to c u al evry1. Anyway, curntly using photo... morewell, you got any bugs in c6 cfw?i use unleashed . Media bar not working some times. Default browser crashes . Java apps are not opening . But they are opening after instalation of java run time. (just opposite to original firmware.!). But c6 cfw is ideal for theme effects .(Unleashed is now available for the latest updated firmware . )c6 home screen eats more ram and kills battery easily i think. Btw, how much free ram are you getting after boot up ?

Ahem ...ahem... Nyc to c u al evry1. Anyway, curntly using photon c6 v2 cfw.its gud,tried feelit 5.1, unleashed tribute too.got a widget for my homescreen named - widgeleon.its eye catchin, place any text on ur homescreen wid a car plate lyk style.hav a look !