Nokia 5233

• Wanna be

Whatever you say or do this phone will always be defined as Poor man's 5800

• Deba, Kolkata

Brother

Anyone who is using this phone few long time can suggest me how i can put images from memory card as full screne wallpaper. I am not able to view full screne wallpaper in the main screen the top portion is not showing anyway. What way i can use the image as full screen wallpaper and what will the resolution please advise.
Regards
Deba

• rana

In my opinion 5233 is undoubtedly a very good phone. I don't know why people are not liking s60v5 phone anymore. Even i heard a rumour that nokia is also diverting the concentration from s60v5 to sym u^3 and meego for manufacturing touchscreen smart phone. Other companies have already given up s60. Should i guess that we may not see any further development in s60v5 in the future? I have already told my cousin to buy a s60v3 device (more specefically c5) as he wanted suggestion from me. I m kinda confused about s60v5 although my device is serving very well. Guy's let me know what do u think about s60v5.

• Joty

bad speaker sound, gave 2 nokia care but no change. Not good in earphone also. I feel very upset to buy this phone.

• SidewindeR

Sachin, 13 Oct 2010Hey guys tell me wat is symtorrent is all about . I just know it... moreMate.. symtorrent is nothing but a bittorrent client for symbian phones... With it you can download any content from the internet from ebooks to HD movies.. And the download speed is very good too..

• Svn

Users of 5233,plz ensure me whether this phn has gps or not.how is the performance & touch screen?

• SidewindeR

riyaz rasheed, 13 Oct 2010700 mb via gprs?it will take forever !Nope not at all... Started download at about 10 p.m and let it download the whole night. When I woke up this morning, the download was already complete and I was sharing it. Using smart movie checked out a short preview to see whether the downloaded movie is good. No probs so far. And I'm talking about EDGE speeds here. I currently use Reliance net connect which gives me a top download speed of 30kBps or 240kbps and an average speed of around 20kBps. That's enough speed to download a full 700mb movie overnight.. Download speeds are also subject to the no of seeders. Anyway based on my calculations, 10 hours is the estimated time of completion for a full movie.
I can show you a screen snap if you want proof.

• Sachin

Hey guys tell me wat is symtorrent is all about . I just know its download file faster. And when i download this app it shows expired certificate. Help me out to download .

• ssj

walkman, 13 Oct 2010good boy, in conclusion the only thing good in this mobile more... morethen if we talk to the point nokia has just fooled by selling u ur beloved nokia 5530..if we compare it with 5233 then its just too foolish of a comparison as nokia 5530 only has a 2.9in screen as compared to 5233 and also 5530 has only 1000mah as compared to 5233's 1320mah battery...ur phone might be having wifi but weak battery kills the fun...and abt the metal ring just keep on licking it to ur hearts content as it hardly matters over its huge disadvantages....and abt sound quality both are the same but the soubd quality still remains a subjective matter....u cannot just stand that nokia is selling phones that r more feature loaded and at much lower cost than ur nokia 5530 its rather more comparable to a corby wifi...

• utk

walkman, 13 Oct 2010good boy, in conclusion the only thing good in this mobile more... moreWEll sunny boy. For this price i can get the best value for money phone in this price range. What amazing features does your phone offer in that price range?

• riyaz rasheed

SidewindeR, 13 Oct 2010Haha... I won't get intemidated by your verbal comments. But tha... more700 mb via gprs?it will take forever !

• jb

how can i used the flash light on my nokia 5233?

• SidewindeR

Anonymous, 13 Oct 2010Yeah, walkman don't have that 5530 or whatsoever. He just want s... moreHaha... I won't get intemidated by your verbal comments. But that doesn't mean i'm not capable of coming down to your level. This is a public forum with visitors from every corner of the world. I do respect that and not you petty comments.
As for me, i'm totally satisfied with my phone. It totally depends on how you use your phone. If you are willing to get your hands a bit dirty like utk and sbdevilmind, you will reap the benefits. To give you a better perspective, right now i'm posting this reply from my phone using opera mobile and reliance net connect gprs connection at the same time i'm also downloading a 700mb movie using symtorrent in the background. All the while i'm listening to my favourite tracks using my philips she9800 premium earphones.
These are stuff that would otherwise require me to sit in front of my pc wasting energy and time. I can do all this and more at the comfort of my bed. That is my definition of usability and functionality. And another thing is that 5233 is the cheapest symbian^1 smartphone currently available in the market. So it is just unfair to compare this phone with mid or high end touch phones. Not to mention the fact that no s40 device can match it's flexibility and features.

Do not download the app given in the link by walkman.The homescreen can be rotated but the contact icons may not work and if you installed orange tsunami app earlier,it will collapse in landscape mode.

• Louis Vorndy

I really like this phone ^^ nice style :D

• help

will this phone last...???

hayy..

• dona

AJ, 13 Oct 2010Hi Guys, am planning to buy Nokia 5233, just need your opinio... moresame here...

just looking for the same thing.

i want to buy now!!

hahaha

utk, 13 Oct 2010I always wonder why the great all knowing oracle walkman never p... moreYeah, walkman don't have that 5530 or whatsoever. He just want some trouble with those two indian gays namely sidewinder and sbdevilmind. He's poor, he doesn't know what he's talking about how good is Nokia 5233.

• AJ

Hi Guys,

am planning to buy Nokia 5233, just need your opinions on the phone, my budget is around 5000 - 7000 INR and am looking for two features :
1 MUSIC : reading all reviews I am confused about the music quality of nokia 5233, please suggest if the music quality is good with headphones or not ..

2. touch phone
3. Isthe phone having hanging issues.

Please suggest any other phone also an an option which I can look in..

• walkman

Anonymous, 13 Oct 2010Oh look at the problems that mad walkman makes. Even genuin gu... moreshut up and download this landscape homescreen for s60v5