Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Singh is king, 25 Oct 20095800 is generally good in terms of value. Yes you can do faceboo... moreThank you so much, the information was really helpful indeed and i think am falling more in love with this phone, so am definetly gettin myself this baby

Hi,
I just bought nokia 5800 4 days back. I listened to songs for about an hour and made about 1-2 small duration calls and battery went empty in 2 days.
Is this wht the backup should ideally be? My phone memory is empty, just about 10 songs and no other pics or any data.

• 5800 fan

amazing phone!!!! wish words could xpress it!!!!

• SUN

Hi all,im using this phone since two weeks i think this a very good phone ,i installed 200 themes and more then 1000 songs and 150 videos 250 wallpapers and my family pictures some where 400pics its now 7 gb full there is no hang problem how come ppl are complaining fake here this is xlnt phone in this range in touch pic quality fab in out door i had downloaded singly 150 themes from torrentz site its class phone thankyou NOKIA ,,,,ITS DREAM PHONE FOR ME .

• neli

Gilly Rocket''', 24 Oct 2009Hey frnds i am frm india bought it bfore diwali ,really happy wi... moreit shows that it s made in china like all other nokia phones , it s a great phone with this price

• Karthikeyan

Gilly Rocket''', 22 Oct 2009Hey nanbaa mine is Nokia 5800d - 1 NMS Black.. My frnds N79 TV ... moreTv-out is not working with my 5800. I tested at the shop with n95 tv-out cable.

My model number is N5800d - 1 NMS Black - Sep 2009 Version 30.

if tv-out works for anyone contact me on skknatymaildotcom

• Singh is king

Fiz, 25 Oct 2009Hey guys i would like to get this phone, it looks quite nice but... more5800 is generally good in terms of value. Yes you can do facebook and skype on this phone. Nimbuzz is very cool application on 5800, you can do voip through skype, nimbuzz and yahoo messenger as well as do chatt. Don't forget to install snaptu, it's very nice for twitter and quiete good for facebook. If you like dedicated facebook application, you can install through ovi store for free. But, it seems slower for detecting internet connection. I prefer using snaptu.
Internet connection is very good, you can use gprs, edge, hsdpa and wifi. It also automatically to set internet settings when you insert your sim card.
If you want to update your firmware, please go to nokia care center as doing update by yourself probably make your phone behave weird.
Hope my information help you.

• Singh is king

Hope my information help you.

• Fiz

Hey guys i would like to get this phone, it looks quite nice but is it good though? And hows the internet connection? More importantly, are you able to mxit, facebook and skype with this phone?

• Naezrey

I like Nokia 5800..........

• Zane Chute!

Anonymous, 24 Oct 2009To get all the effects of theme, open the theme selection in set... moreThank you so much. You made my day. I was just getting so frustrated LOL.↲↲This is a fun phone but is disappointing.

• calvinthomas

hey can anyone tell me who long the 5800 battery lasts after a whole day of use? im just wondering whts the battery life like if you sms like every minute

• Rahul

Freinds....
I would like to upgrade my 5800XM to latest version...
But I have slow internet connection.....Just 140 kbps...inconsistent too
I tried to update using NOkia PC suite...
But its a huge file 136 mb....
So, Is there anyway to dwnload the updates...?
I mean direct download
Pls Help

• tosh

does dis fone support wmv,mpa or avi format videos.

• sv

Quame, 24 Oct 2009I have the Nokia 5800 XM but I tried to get music from another p... moreall incoming bluetooth files will saves in phone memory as default,we cannot change this,so move each file to memory card before allowing another file from ur other mobile over bluetooth,also u need to check ur available memory in C (phone memory)

• Acro

This is the second time my memory card gets corrupted all by itself within a month. Frustrated, i went to Nokia Care for updating the firmware to v31 (mine is v30) waited for 3 long hours and they told me that they can't do it even though firmware update is clearly available for the product code of mine. Wow , what a service, what a talent.

• Quame

I have the Nokia 5800 XM but I tried to get music from another phone and it says I need to delete some data but I've only used 1.2GB of the memory card and still more space... How do I make the Memory card the default storage application for all in-coming files?... Holla

• tharani

Gilly Rocket''', 24 Oct 2009Hey frnds i am frm india bought it bfore diwali ,really happy wi... more'm plan to buy this mobile.. weather this mobile is good or not..

Zane Chute!, 24 Oct 2009Hey everyone. I have the Nokia 5800XM. It keeps on formatting m... moreTo get all the effects of theme, open the theme selection in settings and click options while the theme is selected, u will see theme effects. Switch it to on, but it will slow down ur cell a lot.
For all those who have missing videos, songs, sms and applications. What you all face is not a mobile or software problem. The problem is with the pc you connect to copy data. If you disconnect the phone without safety hardware eject, you will likely corrupt the memory card's file structure which holds the file location data on the card and either lose files or get them misplaced in other locations. You will mostly be unable to eject the usb device due to a virus on the pc accessing the card, though it wont infect your phone. So better connect it to a clean pc. Once you have this problem, to correct it, connect the phone in data storage mode and right click on the memory card in my computer and take properties, tools and then disk check. Tick both the boxes and give it a scan. Your problem will be fixed. The easiest way to solve this is by formatting the card, but everyone will have data on it. Connecting phone in pc suite mode might possibly avoid this problem but not sure. Cards with corrupt file systems will show incorrect file space.