Nokia 6230

Nokia 6230

To MIG:

Somebody once quoted a Nokia Rep. saying that a 2GB MMC will cause the phone to EXPLODE. I don't think that would really happen. With the new firmware releases I think a 2GB MMC should work fine enough. Maybe a higher capacity would cause an explosion...but who knows, maybe Nokia may yet release more firmwares to accomodate 4GB MMC when they become standard.

You can create a tracklist using Nokia Audio Manager in the Nokia PC Suite software. However, depending on the version of Nokia PC Suite it may be called 'Transfer Music'.

My advice is to try a 2GB MMC, if it doesn't work, if the phone doesn't recognise it or if the phone recognises it but slows down the entire phone then return it and get back your money.

To TJ:

You CANNOT increase shared memory on ANY phone. The most you can do is delete stuff to make room for other things.

• tj

how do we increase the shared memory as I wanted to download more game.

• Mjg

I want to have an0ther 6230,c0z its speaker is weak.Wat can i do jamaican?D0 y0u have bluet00th headset?Have u already test a 2gb wth dis f0ne?C0z i have s0me d0ubt that my f0ne may be destr0y having a 2gb mmc.

• Dicekei

Ei,jamaican,h0w can i make my own tracklist in my music player?As of n0w i use to skip s0ngs in order f0r me to hear what kind of music i want,like pure ac0ustic,pure r0ck,h0w can i make that tracklist?Pls help.Have u test already ur f0ne h0lding a 2gb mmc?

• Dicekei

Is there anythng we sh0uld kn0w ab0ut 6230?Can u pls update us wth the latest frmware?

To DICEKEI:

It's not possible to upgrade the processor because it's hardwired in the phone.

To b0bsasta
ths great f0ne can handle a 2gb mmc,but pls flash ur f0ne first.F0r m0re inf0,read the other p0st

• bobsata

What's the biggest MMC that this phone can read?

• Dicekei

Hei jamaican,wats the pr0cess0r of 6230?800mhz?Or what?Can we upgrade it?

• Dicekei

Ei 0rg jamaican,tnx 4 ur inf0s on our great 6230,h0pe u c0ntinue gvng us hints,can u grant us that?Is there anythng we d0nt kn0w m0re ab0ut our 6230,if there is,what is that.Can u pls gve us imp0rtnt inf0s b0ut 6230?And pls,can u p0st every latest versi0n of firmware of 6230,pls.Im h0ping f0r every latest firmware.Tnx br0

• Dicekei

Im really s0me bucks just to buy a 2gb dv rs mmc.Well,i h0pe theres a 4gb mmc.I h0pe s0meday,6230 can be upgraded into 3g,just wait.Guys,jamaican is the b0mb.Ur the man br0!Kip it up.My hesitati0n br0ke,im pursuing to have a 2gb mmc.6230,wat a p0werful f0ne

• kylie

hi all nokiiis, i wanna know where can i download 3gp videos for free pleaseeee..

• Aaron

hi original jamaican
basically my firmware has always been 5.24 and wen i went carphone warehse sum guy sed that i definetly needed a firmware update- so i went to my m8s shop and he checkd by punching in the code *hash000hash which showed what the firmware was this the carphone warehouse man hadnt even done.
so i bought a mem card 1gb off amazon marketplace and am waiting for it in the post
thanks again
aaron

• Matt

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could help me solving a little problem with my 6230! When I want to transfer mp3 from my PC to the phone (via bluetooth) it stores the mp3 directly to the phones memory and doesn't give me the option to save them on the MMC! I can't even move them later to the MMC!
Any advice?!
Thanks

To DICEKEI:

I can't dispute what others have said in regards to a 2GB MMC overheating if used in the 6230. I have heard that it will work and I honestly believe it will work without problems. Another opinionist said a friend of theirs who work at a Nokia Care Centre, said v5.24 and higher, can read up to 2GB...which I honestly believe. Don't let me persuade you though, follow your mind.

A dual voltage RS-MMC should work perfectly well with your phone. Stop fretting and store your memories on a 2GB MMC (smile).

• Dicekei

Jamaican,0thers said dat 6230 wil surely overheat if l0ade wth 2gb.And also wil c0st me w0rthles.Is that true?I have upgraded already my versi0n to 5.35.Im h0pe my f0ne cn handle a 2gb mmc.D0es rs dv kind of mmc can b use in dis f0ne?

To DICEKEI:

Once you have v5.24 or later your 6230 should handle a 2GB MMC or RS-MMC without any problems.

• Dicekei

jamaican, does 6230 can really handle a 2gb rs dv mmc?reply to my email and also post here asap.tnx bro.

To AARON:

At first you said that you had v4.43, now you say that your friend checked your phone and it says v5.24. Which one was it originally, v4.43 or v5.24 ?