Nokia 808 PureView

Nokia 808 PureView

praxy, 29 Oct 2015i still use it as my primary and only phone and i totally agree ... moreyeah right, nokia symbian is so unique than any o.s unlike android they providing a major software update not only a minor.

• praxy

Shams, 25 Oct 2015Yes i am a great fan of nokia 808 pureview...... I am taking abo... morei still use it as my primary and only phone and i totally agree there is no other OS as efficient as symbian. With such mediocre specs, its still so fast and smooth. The only downside is lack of apps but then no other phone provides a camera like this, not even half as gud..music experience is unparalleled and so are maps and ease of use of the device. And since I installed the delight OS..love my phone even more !

Currently using my 808 as my daily driver instead of ny Lumia 930. The smaller screen makes typing a bit more difficult but this phone still offers all I need.
But a downside is that I can only have 1 email inbox on the original mail app. I can install a second email account only if I delete the other account. So that doesn't bring me any further. When installing an email account sit only gives the option of exchange instead of separate options as yahoo, outlook/hotmail or gmail. And when you choose exchange it's only possible to set up 1 email account. A bit annoying.

• Muqthar Ahmed

danmar, 26 Oct 2015Yes! they're genuine Nokia 808 pureview units. I bought mine at ... moreThank you for clarifying. I really appreciate it. I'm gonna order mine soon. :) Between, there is a rumor around these are the phones Nokia withdrew because of some 3G bug. I googled a bit, and it seems it can be worked around with a firmware update.

SG NOTE5, 26 Oct 2015One my friends is ready to sell his Nokia PV 808, Its almost new... moreYou don't need a nokia account anymore.

• danmar

Muqthar Ahmed, 21 Sep 2015Guys, I wanted to ask if the Nokia 808's flooding in Ebay at pri... moreYes! they're genuine Nokia 808 pureview units. I bought mine at $119 on ebay. Originally telcel unit from Mexico.

• danlee

kms, 21 Oct 2015Is this phone still worth getting with all these android phones ... moreexcellent feature on camera performance/department with a whopping 41 MP pureview technology. No other mobile manufacturer (today) will invest on that (extreme) high camera resolution. Not even the last batch of Nokia flagship 930 and the new microsoft flagship phone 950XL both with only 20 MP. I think the Nokia 808 and 1020 will be remembered as both the record holders in having high resolution (41MP) cameras [remember their 1020 slogan? "Nothing else comes closer"] except only when the microsoft will truly launch the rumored lumia 1030 with 50MP rear camera. I have Nokia 808 and will keep it as my souvenir for Nokia - as once the giant and very loved mobile phone manufacturer. Goodbye! Nokia phones.

• danlee

Kinna, 23 Oct 2015Nokia 808 is stil the best camera phone from the year 2012 to 20... moreabsolutely!!! may be in 5-10 more years...because no mobile manufacturer today will focus only on camera features...

• SG NOTE5

One my friends is ready to sell his Nokia PV 808, Its almost new and it is genuine. If I buy that phone, how can I register the phone as I dont have Nokia account and I cant create a new Nokia account as it is shut down. Need help...

• Shams

AnonD-314934, 13 Sep 2015Can't tell how much I miss Symbian, the best mobile OS ever, per... moreYes i am a great fan of nokia 808 pureview...... I am taking about the unbeatable feature of this phone.....camera,hdmi,bettery backup,usb host,two way charge,offline map etc is awsome ....some of this feature u cant find on any other phone even i phone or android.....what u guys think....???

• Kinna

kms, 21 Oct 2015Is this phone still worth getting with all these android phones ... moreNokia 808 is stil the best camera phone from the year 2012 to 2015 and will still top in 2016.

• kms

Is this phone still worth getting with all these android phones around, and how does the camera compare to those recent smartphones.

I have a Samsung galaxy S4 mini and Nokia Lumia 930

thanks

• bochita

Anonymous, 05 Oct 2015Nokia n8 and 808 pureview, which one is good to buy? Help me to knowthe 808, is the beast of camera-phones

• myksy

Risav666, 25 Sep 2015PLZ help me..when i press the power button it shows the nokia lo... moreGet a brand new battery

Anonymous, 05 Oct 2015Nokia n8 and 808 pureview, which one is good to buy? Help me to knowI have both - great phones. But the 808 has some benefits over the N8; it's faster, has a better camera, user friendly removable battery and a bigger screen. More expensive yes, but in my opinion it's worth the higher price.

Nokia n8 and 808 pureview, which one is good to buy? Help me to know

Risav666, 25 Sep 2015PLZ help me..when i press the power button it shows the nokia lo... moreSiva is right. Try Dead USB Flashing using Phoenix. Please read and watch the tutorial below:

try a dead flash..

• denz25c

I am using this phone for about 2years now. I don't want to change it and i have a backup battery to prolong my phone. I enjoyed it so much although it's a little bit heavy on my pocket, no need to carry another camera just to take good photos. GPS really works well even without internet. I am using delight 1.5 CFW. do you encounter hangs when someone's calling? i encountered few times now and i can click the answer button, otherwise it's my favorite phone so far.

• Risav666

PLZ help me..when i press the power button it shows the nokia logo and after that it got off....i tried to switch on the phn many times but all efforts goes in vain...plz help me