Nokia C7

Nokia C7

GadgetLover, 18 Feb 2012I think the difference between updating from Symbian^3 to Anna v... moreYou can still create folders in belle,
If you try the update you'll know its a no brainer.
I have created shortcuts and widgets for all the items in menu on my 6 homescreens so i don't have to open d menu anymore.
I couldn't recommend nokia over android or iphone with anna but with belle the experience is so great, my time on anna now seems like a nightmare,
I am no longer afraid to give people my phone to play with because i know it won't freeze up like anna or develop an attitude.
Which apps do you want to make sure are working? I could confirm for you.

• AnonD-19840

AnonD-15537, 14 Feb 2012ya after update i saw another pop up microsoft app n search widg... moreis that battery monitor an app in OVI store? after update i cannot keep my phone in power saving mode

• GadgetLover

I think the difference between updating from Symbian^3 to Anna vs. from Symbian Anna to Belle, is that the former was a no-brainer, updating from S^3 to Anna was the natural thing to do, and the phone had a lot of improvements as a result.From Anna to Belle brings things we wished for earlier like resizeable and free-positioning widgets and more homescreens, but on the downside, removes some functionality from Anna (Menu and folder settings, ?flv playback, loss of apps and compatibility in some instances etc).

You would still have a great phone with Anna, but it wouldn't be a superlative phone with Belle. I guess its the future apps with only Belle compatibility that will dictate if some people will update or not; I wish the decision was as easy as from S^3 to Anna.

• GadgetLover

AnonD-42821, 18 Feb 2012Hello all C7 users... I have owned One Nokia C7 running on Anna ... moreI havent updated to Belle yet..like you, I'm trying to find out as much info as I can before I do, and I don't think I will right now, cos I have a few apps I don't want to lose, and I don't think Belle offers much performance improvements, which is what I would be looking for in an update..

Hello all C7 users... I have owned One Nokia C7 running on Anna and just s came to know that Belle update is available for C7 as well. One of my friend told me about this forum. So Im here to ask all those who updated to Belle that- IS IT WORTH TO UPDATE TO BELLE. I hope you all will give me the true and reliable information.
I think buddies like Dr.Bidhan.Ashman,GadgetLover etc etc all are updated to BELLE.Waiting for all your valuable replies SOON. Thanks

The cameraS ( software of course ) are so much better,
The front camera is no longer pixated,
The main camera can now pick up words from paper at a distance of about 20cm plus zoom.
Videoes are no longer bundled together with pictures in the gallery.
And as the Doc said they are all bundled together in DCIM folder in the file manager but i prefer it that way for easy sorting.
And one very important thing, i think the GPU is now more active because the colours look more vibrant especially in the gallery.

AnonD-15537, 18 Feb 2012i found abt belle that belle is much better n polished UI than a... moreThats so sad Doc..:) Anyways when did you hack your device, before or after update of Belle..?? thanx in advance

AnonD-22351, 18 Feb 2012Thanx Dr.Bidhan:-) Then tell more about Belle. Significantly wha... morei found abt belle that belle is much better n polished UI than anna eg. Camera,music player,video player,pull down notification bar,digital as well as analogue clock,six home screens,over all responsiveness,many more new widgets etc etc....bt now captured image or video will not b saved in video r image folders by month wise bt they will b bundled just in DCIM folder ie. No image n videos r separated monthwise

Marlen, 17 Feb 2012Hello everyone! Have you noticed that since Feb. 17, Skype s not... moreyou have to need update your software

• GadgetLover

AnonD-22351, 18 Feb 2012From where can i get my own certificate and key GadgetLover..??I got mine from OPDA, a chinese site, over a year ago. Its time consuming and requires you to give them your IMEI. I would suggest you try hacking your phone, its way easier.

AnonD-15537, 18 Feb 2012ya ofcoz i hv tried mp4,avi(divx,xvid),flv.wmv all r running we... moreThanx Dr.Bidhan:-) Then tell more about Belle. Significantly what differences you find between ANNA and BELLE:-) THANX IN ADVANCE

AnonD-22351, 18 Feb 2012Dr.Bidhan.... How about Divx and Xvid videos. Does it supports ... moreya ofcoz i hv tried mp4,avi(divx,xvid),flv.wmv
all r running well bt wmv files run sum times with lil bit pause, n flv file r not shown in videos u hv to play via file manager....anyway its same as in anna

GadgetLover, 18 Feb 2012If you dont have your own cert and key, the only way is to hack ... moreFrom where can i get my own certificate and key GadgetLover..??

• GadgetLover

AnonD-22351, 18 Feb 2012Dear GadgetLover:-) How to sign a file. earlier i tried theme ef... moreIf you dont have your own cert and key, the only way is to hack your phone. Its quite easy, just follow the nokiavnn hack method Dr. Bidhan was talking about earlier, once its done you wont need to sign your apps.

GadgetLover, 18 Feb 2012Update : I think you will have to sign the file. I hope you have... moreDear GadgetLover:-) How to sign a file. earlier i tried theme effects also but faced the same problem:-)

• GadgetLover

GadgetLover, 18 Feb 2012Its a set of mods for S^3 and Anna phones which tweak various se... moreUpdate : I think you will have to sign the file. I hope you have a way of doing that, or search if there is a signed version available (I havent found one)

• GadgetLover

AnonD-22351, 18 Feb 2012Dear GadgetLover:-) whats this sklchan mods..?Its a set of mods for S^3 and Anna phones which tweak various settings and can improve your camera too..follow the link below but make sure you read the instructions CAREFULLY..to change any tweak, you have to uninstall the app and reboot the phone, also for any effect to take place you have to install the app with the particular mod selected when installing and reboot your phone. DO NOT select apps not meant for your phone (eg if you have a C7, dont select the N8 mods), just read the instructions well and you'll be fine.

Here's the link, you might have to register, I'm not sure if its signed or not. Have fun! Cheers.

GadgetLover, 18 Feb 2012Hmmm..very strange..I installed the same and it didnt ask me for... moreDear GadgetLover:-) whats this sklchan mods..?

GadgetLover, 18 Feb 2012Hmmm..very strange..I installed the same and it didnt ask me for... moreYa Im running Anna...waiting for your valuable reply

AnonD-15537, 18 Feb 2012hi C7zak i hv checked the videos captured by C7 belle on pc, n ... moreDr.Bidhan....
How about Divx and Xvid videos. Does it supports these formats:-)