Nokia E71

Nokia E71

• danniel h

VinayT, 07 Sep 2009Yes, I agree with Winura on matters of freezing. It may not be a... moreNever lock the hp 'manually'!Prog to auto keylock! that will solve the problem!

• john doe

who are you fooling guys the kind of softwares available for nokia is insane you can use skype for free calling , blackberry cant even use the wifi for that and that just sucks email on nokia messaging is pretty good and you can get ten email accounts

again no skype and gps are a big downer on this blackberry its just good as a standard mailing and im device for which you have to buy blackberry services from your provider . on the other hand the nokia e71 works with any data plan and yes i would say again hassle free over free wifi too , which is a big problem setting up on blackberries because of the security standards and its a pain in the a**

moreover the battery backup on nokia is more than four times this blacberry with its much higher capacity battery

oh yeah and did i tell you side by side nokia e71 looks a million times better than this cheap plastic b.b .... metal all the way lol

i am not complaining because i have one b.b 8520 issued from work but but use the e71 on my personal line and as a navigation device and to make free calls over wifi to my friends overseas :)

hope this helps people deciding between the two phones post up queries and i will surely try

• Valon

hi, I'm just wondering where do I download for example MSN Messenger to this phone and the Facebook app.

• hyrax

blub, 08 Sep 2009the Black one is the Driving Edition (in Europe)... There you g... morethnx bleb 4 ur advise....

• kemistry

Harsh, 07 Sep 2009I've been using this phone for over more than an year now and fe... morewell its a computer on ur palm but i still av problems with my camera which says feature not supported if u can help me out i would be grateful to u. tx

• VinayT

fox, 08 Sep 2009hey guys i wan to upgrade my E71's software....hw to do that?Fox,
Do not try to do it yourself on the net. I did it with my E61i and lost it, but it was in the warranty period, so I got a new E63. get the firmware updated thru Nokia Care even if you have to pay for it. They use a box between the PC and the phone. The box allows the complete firmware to go to the phone after downloading complete SW. If you do it yourself then the PC keeps updating the SW as it keeps coming. One glitch and your phone has to be replaced. And only the required files are changed if you do it yourself. So I was told by Nokia Care people.

• fox

hey guys i wan to upgrade my E71's software....hw to do that?

• blub

hyrax, 07 Sep 2009tell me which nokia e71 should i go 4.....black,white or graythe Black one is the Driving Edition (in Europe)...
There you get a car-charger and a thing to put it onto the wind-shield for your car... but it's a bit more expensive than the "old" white and grey versions...
If you want to navigate with your mobile, than the black version is better for you...
If not, take the grey one... the white one will get dirty really fast... ;)

greets

• carla

really cool..till now im still satisfied with the features....

• loma

pls can any body tell me how can i make nokia E71 like E63 for the light tourch which turnes on by pressing on E63 space button in keybad, and olso the battery strength on lng calls and signal strength?
pls replyon loma505@yahoo.com thanks.

Clive, 07 Sep 2009My E71 freeses, then resets itself. not all the time, but someti... moreI also have the same problem like sometime going to the menu and the phone will hang suddenly... Anyone can help with this problem. kindly mail me kohthongjin@hotmail.com

• hyrax

tell me which nokia e71 should i go 4.....black,white or gray

• VinayT

Winura, 07 Sep 2009For those who're having the freezing problem, If a firmware upda... moreYes, I agree with Winura on matters of freezing. It may not be a major HW fault, but it definitely happens when some prog from a third party is installed and the prog does not fully match the firmware. There is a clash between the two and the phone instead of taking sides, decides to halt abruptly. At that time the best is to uninstall the last prog run.

z g, 07 Sep 2009i've been using the E71 for a bout a month now. Generally satisf... more
Problem (a) also happened to me a couple of time before. What I did is to change the left soft key button from "menu" to another function.

Try also to free memory on your phone/memory card.

With normal use (i.e., text, call, and an hour per day of 3G connection), my battery could last up to 3 days.

• Winura

For those who're having the freezing problem, If a firmware update doesn't fix it... Either your phone has a major hardware problem or you must have installed some application which is not from a trusted supplier.

• Clive

My E71 freeses, then resets itself. not all the time, but sometimes when i recieve a call, i am unable to answer because the screen just freeses. I have taken it for a software upgrade, a week from brand new. It lasted 2weeks, and it is back to its old tricks.

• z g

i've been using the E71 for a bout a month now. Generally satisfied with it except for the 2 snags below:-
a) quite often the screen'hangs' when i press the "menu" or "home key" button and the menu doesnt show.
Anybody can help me out how to avoid this...?

b) the battery doesnt last very long though and needs to be charged every alternate day on normal usage.
Is this common ?

z g

• terrance adrian

the best mobile iv used so far...it has everything.the camera n video quality are superb..n the mobile is v user friendly.

• VinayT

Ben, 07 Sep 2009Can i download a different version of maps on my e71? I live in ... moreif you want different to Nokia Maps then download Google Maps Ver 3.2 with Layers and Latitude.

• VinayT

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970if your company is paying for it then BB alse E71. Why, because BB has better and unique and different exchange connectivity which is not required in our daily lives. As a personal device, E71 is smarter looking and a good feel phone.