Nokia N78

Nokia N78

• noidea

Anonymous, 19 Oct 2008the gaming of n78 is very gr8888888888888888 gr888 than any thi... moredont be so subjective!
Yes the navi on N78 is softer than N81

but N81 has gaming key,it plays audio video on nice graphic & the built felt pass in the hands
good for gaming

shanky, 19 Oct 2008hi i m planning to buy n78 but i m bit confused as some said it... morethe gaming of n78 is very gr8888888888888888
gr888 than any thing else
its NaviWhell is toooooo soft it is gr88

• shanky

vince, 18 Oct 2008I just bought this phone like 3 days. But It works very well. Sp... morehi
i m planning to buy n78 but i m bit confused as some said it back cover shakes a lot and what about gaming in this phone.is it comparable to n81

Ken, 19 Oct 2008Any one can tell me N78 better or N82 better? fast reply meN82 has better camera 5MP and xenon flash, the keyboard is also strange (flat).

It's hard to know where this phone fits in, in the current Nokia line-up check them both out at a store and choose the one that feels better.

• Ken

Any one can tell me N78 better or N82 better?
fast reply me

• Devilrose

I have this phone for almost 3 days now and I'm having no regrets in buying this. This phone packs a lot of useful features as stated by GSM arena, the keypad design is really awkward and intimidating to use at first because of the key placings and teeny weeny keypad but once you've pressed it the keys respond quickly it may be hard but you'll eventually get used to it, I'm having errors in text messaging because sometimes i accidentally pressing two keys at once well that can't be avoided. =P
N78 is really an all around multimedia phone, it provides outstanding screen resolution and it's really great under direct sunlight, the 3.2MP cam provides good pictures but still its cousin the n82 dominates in picture quality.
One of the cool features of this phone is the FM transmitter which works fine for me, tried it in car or household radio, it has a weak signal if your using it in the car expect for noises and stutters.
It runs in the latest symbian OS with feature pack 2, applications open fast and it has attractive menu transitions effects if activated add this as a one cool feat.XD
The latest firmware provides bug fixes and improvements for example the Navi wheel it works great now and its not super sensitive anymore.
I agree that the back cover is a design flaw, my phone back panel wobbles a bit, as the other users have advised putting a paper inside the cover will resolve this issue and it will feel solid.

n78 is a good alternative for n82, its price is lower now and reasonable if you dont like this phone try its n79 brother which packs greater features and design construction.

• MUNEER

media safe software not working.what i do ?
please answer to send email.
muns003@yahoo.com

• shawn_MY

Anonymous...Is it i update to the lastest firmware then it fixed?

• nehru

does the battery drain fast

any getting hung problem when calling?
using last software 12.0

• Dennis

Is the keypad comfortable?

• vince

I just bought this phone like 3 days. But It works very well. Special the camera and the GPS. I bought that from buy.com and I receive from them right one day.. just them better than unknow seller from ebay.
N78 has the a lot of good thing. music, game, graphic. It seems cheap right,

shawn_MY, 18 Oct 2008i've have jus got this phone with 4gb mirco sd, i found a prob t... moreLucky for u i know this prob
it is firmware prob
but all u have to do is to unplug your headspealers and plug it again
it will work

it is *#0000#

• noidea

Rajgoaj, 18 Oct 2008I fail to understand the GPS operation. I believe connection to... morewhen you open the nokia maps
see the satellite icon with 3 slots on lower right of the screen
if 3 slots are green then you're connected with GPS satellite and can use the features using it
if 3 slots are bipping in yellow
then you're phone is seeking for the GPS satellite

if you're not connected
you can still use the maps completely by WiFi,GPRS,EDGE,UMTS or HSDPA

I used the nokia maps
and it shows detail address even a city like semarang

• noidea

michiel schoefield , 18 Oct 2008dude its *#000000# 6 0sHeii!!..
its *#0000# to check firmware version
and its *#06# to check imei number

• michiel schoefield

shawn_MY, 18 Oct 2008i also want to know that how do i check my firmware version? i p... moredude its *#000000# 6 0s

• shawn_MY

i also want to know that how do i check my firmware version? i press *#000# but it appeared 'UNKNOWN APPLICATION'...

• shawn_MY

i've have jus got this phone with 4gb mirco sd, i found a prob that when i playing a song then i wan press 'back' to playlist to choose the other songs, at that moment it is so lagging, is it firmwall prob? do this phone need to update by using the nokia software updater? beside that, others are work fine, the sound quality is really good. reply me as fast as possible. thanks!

Look dude

1. 3.2mega pixel camera is really really great in good light condition, in the might it wouldn't be so precise! Its flash is good. And there is something about this camera u won't found in n82 cam AUTO EXPOSURE!
It is not the best in shooting videos, 15 frame per second make the movie look bad and the phone it self cannot play 3gp well. so for shooting pictures it is very good and for videos not so bad.

2. its keypad is very eazy to use. I have written this post by the phone. U will get use to it very quickly.

3. I don't know why it cannot play 3gp correctly at this time but i ensure u that it is a firmware prob.

4. Sound quality is very good either through speakers or headphone
it is not so loud but it do the job!

6. the n-gage support for it is not available yet
but i tried it with n-gage 1.0 and i found asphalt and space impact very good in graphics and sound and playing with the naviwheel

6. It has a battery better than n82 it last for 3~4 days

7. it has a shaky battery cover. This is real. But i have stick a piece of paper. And it does the job!

8. I don't know if u should by this phone or another
if i were u i would wait til they release a new firmware to improve its preformance and its bugs or wait for n79 but if u want one now go for n82.
I hope that i have helped u.

• Rajgoaj

I fail to understand the GPS operation. I believe connection to GPS satellite is free of cost. Also I heard that it is possible to find the exact location to the height of 13m MSL.

What does this actually show when you open GPS application that comes with this phone? Can somebody help me out in this?