Nokia N8

Nokia N8

Anonymous, 05 Aug 2013SIS Applications is at 85mb, Other files is at 138mb. All the ot... moreIn addition to Carol's advice, check out C\private\1020e519 folder, you can delete all MobileCrash files inside. Those are useless crash reports kept for service purposes.

Carol, 05 Aug 2013I told you i need more info:). Give that info first. There are s... moreSIS Applications is at 85mb, Other files is at 138mb. All the others are in kbs. I guess that's normal. So what's eating up the drive C:? By the way, the Social app is installed at C:. Does that eat up memory when it's used? Is that the culprit?
Is this the case for N8s that doesn't use any CFW, a depleting C: drive? Again, I don't wanna use any CFW coz my sister's N8 runs perfectly except sometimes she shows it to me with a warning of low memory on C:.

• Carol

Anonymous, 05 Aug 2013I gave my N8 to her and it had 100mb still when I did. I install... moreI told you i need more info:). Give that info first. There are some folders that will be safe to delete. But none can give you to much space. Using x-plore (and setting it to show system files) you can safely delete: enter Data, then delete MailForExchange, also config. folder (be careful, this one contains configurations of some of your installed apps, if you need thats configs. don't delete the folder). You can also delete everything that's in temp folder and tmp folder. Now enter system folder and you can delete cache folder and dmgr. You can also delete System.ini file. You can also delete everything is in system/temp folder. Also, if you use opera mobile you can enter c: system/data/OperaMobile. delete application_cache, cache, cacheOp folders. that's about it. Still won't release to much memory. So you will need to look somewhere else also. Installed apps and themes, also see if there are photos and music files in c, if there are, move them.

• Subu

Carol, 04 Aug 2013Belle refresh will bring some stability, new widgets and some ap... moreDear,

Hoping to purchase N8 is it good than an android phone?

Plz suggest...

Carol, 03 Aug 2013You really need to say more then this. What apps you're using? A... moreI gave my N8 to her and it had 100mb still when I did. I installed almost all the apps and games at E:. Now it only has 25mb left. I don't want to use any CFW coz it runs perfectly anyway. Except for the depleting drive C:. I used MobileCleaner and still it only has 25mb and I'm sure it's gonna deplete more. Is there a way to manually delete folders from C: to get more memory? What folders can I safely delete from C: now?

my review
Nokia N8 is a near perfect Nokia Phone
It is fast for internet Class 33 edge is good
Music is not as good as c6-01 or 5800 music
Camera is good but 12 mp photos need bigger memory space as each photograph is above 1 mb.
rather buy any phone with lower mp but definately a carl zeis
3.5 inch screen is good for interenet bad for using with one hand. for one hand you need 3.2 inch screen
Over all i just like the phone for internet nothing more
I prefer TFT or LCD over AMOLED coz AMOLED are too sharp for eyes
Yes its a Near perfect Nokia Phone...Coz we can do everything just not in a best way !
Also its symbian 3 phone. Symbian 3 is my best version of Symbian till date. I prefer it over anna or belle

• Sun

MdN, 04 Aug 2013Funny thing is that it is available for N8 Anna. Like there's a ... moreThank you.. Thank you very much. Hope Nokia will solve this issue soon

Sun, 04 Aug 2013Before I have Skype in my Nokia N8 belle version. but now I want... moreFunny thing is that it is available for N8 Anna. Like there's a bug in the Store, or Skype developers are incompetent. Anyway, you can still get it here: http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/flow/item/18021_S­kype_withdrawn_again-for_the_.php

• Sun

Before I have Skype in my Nokia N8 belle version. but now I want to reinstall the same & I check with Nokia store, its showing "Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia N8-00 Belle.Browse more great content in the "Related" section below". I am very disappoint in this. Why Nokia do this with us. We are always support Nokia & a great fan of Nokia.

AnonD-131418, 04 Aug 2013does nokia n8 can support wechat,line like android phone? easy f... moreYep, there's WeChat free at Nokia Store: http://store.ovi.com/content/377872

Easy to install? Yes. You just have to click the "Store"
icon, find WeChat and click "install" and wait a little. ;-)

Still one of the best camera phones. Even today's smartphones such as Samsung Galaxy S4 can't even come close to it in terms of battery backup and photography. Great piece of engineering. This is a beast. Using since more than a year.

does nokia n8 can support wechat,line like android phone? easy for install or not?..i want to buy a new nokia n8..:)

should i buy nokia n8 or samsung s2??..i not think about apps..

• Stupid me

AnonD-131418, 04 Aug 2013what is funcition new os Nokia Belle Refresh for nokia n8?should... moreFor Belle, maybe you can look at this. Looks good. Nothing beats back seeing a demo.

• Carol

AnonD-131418, 04 Aug 2013what is funcition new os Nokia Belle Refresh for nokia n8?should... moreBelle refresh will bring some stability, new widgets and some apps will get a new interface. Music player, for example, will have a new interface.

• walkman

AnonD-131418, 04 Aug 2013what is funcition new os Nokia Belle Refresh for nokia n8?should... morenokia belle update will make your phone walk like a donkey.

• Kibon

pls I'm already in belle, hw cn I down grade to symbian anna plss....

what should i buy N8 or 808 pureview

what is funcition new os Nokia Belle Refresh for nokia n8?should i upgarade or not? what new feature when update? does increase performance?

• Carol

[deleted post]You really need to say more then this. What apps you're using? Are you using opera? Where you save your photos? Where is Nokia store downloading apps? Look into Settings/installations/already installed and tell us what apps are installed in phone memory. The apps installed in phone mem. are the ones that don't have any icon to their right. Also, enter Files and hold your finger down on c:phone memory until details pop up. Hit details and give us what is there. Also, did she installed all the updates? if yes, then...