Nokia N8

Nokia N8

hey freinds i hav many 700mb dvdrips in avi format.
Do they play in N8 ??? or shud v convert them into other formats?? can somebody plz help me out..

• PuNi$hEr

guys by ne chance will da price of N8 go down to 19k by march in delhi market??
Thnx

• Gitty

ID, 31 Oct 2010I bought the N8 yesterday. My hands on review: 1.Speaker phon... moreOh return it if it has some faults or if u dont like it ! I ve no probs or hangs,lags with my N8 ! Browser has some issues which r gonna update ! Sound volume is low ! Not facing any probs of getting hot,did u keep it 4 charging continuously for a long time ?

Well, it seems N8 have so many issues and 1 of them is the famous iphone4 antenna issue:

(1) www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AOamQ0zku8

(2) www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHMi2wZOQJY

(3) www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVWO42f-Q14

• Lucy

hey freinds i hav many 700mb dvdrips in avi format.
Do they play in N8 ??? or shud v convert them into other formats?? can somebody plz me out...

[deleted post]Why????!!!

• ID

I bought the N8 yesterday. My hands on review:

1.Speaker phone used during calls not loud enough
2.The voice reception not superb (compared to E61i I currently use)
3. While talking for more then 10minutes,I felt the phone became slightly hot (maybe this is a one off case)??
4. Navigation from one function to other is slightly slower then expected
5. Not very impreseed with Camera & picture quality eventhough it is 12mx.

I was told by the store promoter that there was a problem with the software due to which the launch was delayed,which is now resolved,it appears that the phone could not recognise SIM cards and was giving error.

Does anybody have any other comments to this?I am seriously thinking of returning it since I have my doubts on its performance!

It is never wise to buy a new Nokia model since NOKIA are known to improve models few months after launch after they completely know all the problems from users!!

• Gitty

I was watchng videos of n8 on youtube since a long time,never watched it in real b4 thursday when i went to buy it ! Green,blue,orange great,shiny,attractive,wanted to buy blue but it wasnt available so i got silver ! Body can be changed (2k) so guys go to npd and check it

• Aaron

I can't wait to buy this phone.

• Gitty

MAHYAR, 31 Oct 2010r u happy with n8?the speaker volume is good or not??what about ... moreI am totally happy,satisfied with my N8 ! I started to save money to buy it since end of april when it was announced ! Go back to few pages I ve posted abt itz multitasking power !

• MAHYAR

Gitty, 31 Oct 2010NPD is nokia priority dealer ! I ve silver white ! The speaker i... morer u happy with n8?the speaker volume is good or not??what about battery life?

its fair to say that;
In my opinion it would have been too good if N8 would've had the same speakers as the C7 has.
The camera cant shoot objects closer than 6 inches no matter what ever the macro setting is...
Most irritating is the speaker, just a tiny speaker for this beautiful phone wtf*** and the rewiew made by speaker test of gsmarena is not fair at all.
any one who does not agree give a try to c7 speakers!!!
and the sound through the headphones isnt impressive at all. Live with it guys & so will i... the trest of the thing is ok, cant even hear the voice aided navigation when the ac is blow is set to max.

• Gitty

MAHYAR, 31 Oct 2010what is npd??do u have n8??are u happy with this huge phone?what... moreNPD is nokia priority dealer ! I ve silver white ! The speaker is very tiny,avg volume ! No copy paste in phn ,non replacable batt.(itz nt a drawback 4 me ! Sound quality in headphn is great ! I use dolby speaker at home and fm transmitter in my car !

• Gitty

Anonymous, 31 Oct 2010•Symbian^3 is still behind Android and iOS usability standards ... moreFriend, do u ve N8 ? How can u say itz nt good ? :d ! camera interface is same but u should check the cam. Performance,itz superb ! Soft. Availability is less ? No,growing very fast,supports s60v5 content ! No video lyt but has red light,nt so effective ! Battery life good,active power saving mode,video player has no issue but itz vid.editor,browser,itz gonna b ok with new firmware !

Hey N8 forum people

N9
c6-01

• Khan of Afghanistan

Its fair to say that;
Nokia never make an all in one device, the speaker is of very cheap quality in a very high end phone, why? nokia has the answer... and we have to live with it.
any one who does not agree give a try to c7 speakers!!!

• MAHYAR

Gitty, 31 Oct 2010Nokia/n8 has offline nevigation,itz superfast ! If u dont believ... morewhat is npd??do u have n8??are u happy with this huge phone?what is cons and pros of this phone?

• Gitty

MAHYAR, 31 Oct 2010please answer me with my problem.i have nokia n97 and for using ... moreNokia/n8 has offline nevigation,itz superfast ! If u dont believe then go to NPD and check urself !

• Gitty

Anonymous, 31 Oct 2010Is its camera can take a good picture in close range? Because mo... moreReally ? I never faced prob.s with my nokia n73,n82 and now N8,!
1)use closeup mode during close pics, 2)blurred results gets when the capture key is hard to press 3) better if we use selftimer 4 closeup mode 4) the plastic cover on d lens should b removed (N8)

• MAHYAR

please answer me with my problem.i have nokia n97 and for using gps data and maps it takes few minutes to star gps data and showing my loction in map.is it fixed in nokia n8?becauese last week i user iphone 3gs and it was too fast in gps and map.thanks alot