Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Galaxy Sun

velu, 13 Oct 2010But as far as build quality is concerned Galaxy is noway near N8... moreI'd give up the looks for having the best features anyday! The battery life is not great that's true, but powering a superb display and a lightning fast net does come with a price! I preffer shorter battery life then an inferior display and proccesor! As for the update Galaxy has now 2.1 but it's still better then n8 in most aspects! In a short time the update will come and then the 512 RAM will be available! If Symbian is so good why Nokia ar working on Meego n9? The obvious answer is they know that they need a new platform if they want to take back the smartphone segment away from Samsung,Htc and Motorola! Since they have nothing better to put on the table they launch a phone which has nothing special except it's camera in the hope of gaining time! But looking how fast Android is developing when n9 will be launched it will have to compete againg Android 3.0 phones and i don't see them winning!

• deepak agarwal

i buy it just now its more than 1 hour i buy it .. i just say that n8 has all facilities smartphone sould have .. major advantage flash video player in htmal browser .. i m watching indian channels on it using gprs

• Wheez

Right, this is it

GSMArena wrote a good, fair review although it had abit too much focus on the camera part. The N8 is a wonderful swiss army knife of smartphones even without the camera. Many of the software things they complained about are being fixed as we speak. The N8, at least for me, is worth every cent even without the camera, worth even more with it :D

I thank the ones who asked good questions from me and I hope I helped. The phone is now widely enough available here so that Im not needed here anymore, I have to focus on my studies again.

I will not be reading or posting here anymore, so good luck with your phones whatever u end up buying.

Hail N8, hail Nokia!

• George

Nokia Smartphones running on Symbian OS are known to have problems like Phone freezes / hangs and if the only solution is to remove the battery, Nokia N8's battery is not user removable. What then, you're screwed.

Galaxy Sun, 13 Oct 2010That may be true about the camera but n8 can't compare with the ... moreN8 is the best MULTI-MEDIA PHONE not just camphone... androids, iOS better only in browsing, tha's it. N8 is the BEST PHONE on earth>>>>>>>>>>

• velu

Galaxy Sun, 13 Oct 2010That may be true about the camera but n8 can't compare with the ... moreBut as far as build quality is concerned Galaxy is noway near N8.
As far as 1GHZ vs 680MHz talks , it all boils down to how resource hungry is your OS is.

And another important thing Nokia is robust and reliable unlike typical samsung mobile which comes for 6 months to 1 year.

I am from India and i can give you so many links
about how good the nokia support is when compared to samsung.

If i buy a Nokia phone and incase if i get any issues i am
sure my problems will be resolved by Nokia care( atleast in India ) ,
but samething cannot be guaranteed for samsung ( esp mobiles and LED/LCD TVs ).

Anyway if i need pay 30k INR for Galaxy , i can pay another 10K INR and will go for iPhone instead of Galaxy ;)

Anyway i am using E72 and pre ordered blue color N8 which i ll get it in couple of days.

I dont think people will regret buying feature-complete n8+ 32g memory card for the half of iphone 4 32g unlocked

• sukrsa

Sukrsa, 12 Oct 2010Dear Wheez, If I remember correctly, you said Finlad made Nokia... moreThanks for your reply

• Galaxy Sun

Wheez, 13 Oct 2010Heh, I was just sitting in the local mall surfing with my N8 whe... moreThat may be true about the camera but n8 can't compare with the Galaxy's superamoled display,it's touchscreen, it's 1ghz processorand browser the number of apps on the android market, As even Gsmarena stated,the n8 is the best cameraphone that is it's strongest asset and maybe the only one. As potential rivals Arena pointed out the Wave and xperia 10 ,Galaxy is in a different league from N8. Probably N8 will be a seller but only because of it's camera becaure in rest it has nothing special!

hi. can the font size be enlarged or zoom for sms and emails. thanks

Wheez, 13 Oct 2010Heh, I was just sitting in the local mall surfing with my N8 whe... moreI'm glad that the man has a proper camera to use right now :)

• Rands

Someting i cannot make out from the pics clearly, does the phone have a place to attach a wrist strap?
& also, how do u 'end packet data', used to be able to hold down call-end key on my E72 to do this. is it possible on the N8.
Thanks again for all you valuable input.

• Adeel

I wanted to buy an N8, but I think the only good thing in N8 is the camera .... so I will buy a good dedicated camera .... like Sony Nex 5 and go for some other nice phone.
Even Samsung's Bada OS is better than this new crappy Symbian 3 .... what the *&^% !!!
Shame on Nokia !!! they should stop making smart phones and should start making cameras instead !!!

• New waver

Anonymous, 13 Oct 2010If you can use a screwdriver, you can replace the battery. If I ... moreYou're wrong, it WILL spoil the battery. And they have use Torx screw so you will have to use a special screwdriver for it.

• Wheez

Heh, I was just sitting in the local mall surfing with my N8 when two older gentlemen walk by me and immediately stop when they notice I'm using the N8.

We had a good 5 min discussion about the N8 and it's camera, he was using Galaxy S and said that he has to carry a point and shoot camera with him cos the SGSs camera doesnt cut it for him, he even showed me the point and shoot camera he had so he wasnt just talking :D

One thing what I love about the N8, the blue color certainly gets attention :D

• AMANITA

Manoj, 13 Oct 2010I am looking forward to buy a new phone.. options are the Samsun... moreGo & get Nokia N8 ;)

• fae

the price of this mobile in syria is 1043 $

• KUMAR

NOKIA N8 VS iPHONE4, 13 Oct 2010Price One of the biggest advantage of Nokia N8 over the iPhone ... morehi i was very keen on purchasing N8. but i wanted to know as the amount of applications available over the OVI store. some applications im looking for is, english and medical dictionary, currency converter, mp3 downloads,anti virus etc
please help
thanks

• maka1

ans, 13 Oct 2010good design,but features tooooo pooooooooor.it has only 12mp cam... moreYou said only 12mp and 16gb! Are you nuts is there any other phone like that? See wake up N8 is the best cos it puts all in one and some of its features are first and some are the best in the market

• maka1