Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• ram

i will buy this phone before discontinue.

• Sunny

Even I have used N8 -- but never this slow --- Hope they release new firmware ASAP @ FOTA

• hayato

Ali Abdulla, 15 Sep 2010"e7 or N8?" if u dont need a sophisticated camera? th... moreI don't actually need n8's camera until i realize what it can do.

But one thing i've been looking for a phone eversince is the free document editor. I believe n8 doesn't have it. Plus E7's qwerty is a bonus feature.

But you're right about e7 being more expensive. What prevents me from pre-ordering N8 on the first place, is the lack of money. I'm just saving my weekly allowance, i'm still a student, and i don't have any source of income. But i believe, time will come when i have enough money sooner. Just have to save longer if i choose E7. :( and i'm anxious to have a new phone right now.

ultimate device yr.

• Ali Abdulla

hayato, 15 Sep 2010E7 or N8. I'm so lost. I can't even think what to post."e7 or N8?"
if u dont need a sophisticated camera? then go for E7...

if you need a better camera, and ur getting an N9 when it lanches, go for N8

N8 is alot cheaper than E7, and will be released sooner i guess

• hayato

E7 or N8.

I'm so lost. I can't even think what to post.

[deleted post]comfirm release of n8 by next week,anytime!:)
price is at singapore dollares,$789...that is soo cheap!!!

i m from singapore too..get the n8,u wont regret!:)

• Wheez

Wheez, 15 Sep 2010Also, one of the videos I saw that was in two parts, the lady wa... moreOne option could be that they've used old prototypes cos they needed to supply a somewhat bug number of them to the Nokia World event, thus they might've had older firmware.

But seriously. Not even the first announcement videos had that slow firmware. I don't understand it.

• jc

in the camera ... pixon12 is much better than this

• Wheez

Wheez, 15 Sep 2010I've been wondering the same. The 2-3 different N8s I've used in... moreAlso, one of the videos I saw that was in two parts, the lady was using the N8 like some spasmic adhd kid. Like, I can mess up my high end gaming laptop if I'd use it like that.

But sure, it was still slow for some weird reason in those videos.

When I get mine in two weeks, I'll do a video runthrough of the Symbian^3 and the N8, not a review, just showing how it really is out of the box so people can make their decisions themselves.

• Wheez

Sunny, 15 Sep 2010How come the Final version of the phone is slower than the proto... moreI've been wondering the same. The 2-3 different N8s I've used in Finland are all very fast and no laggy/sluggyness anywhere. All the Nokia World videos show slow ass N8s.

I could figure that when gazillion people have used them, there might be shitloads of applications running in the background or something.

But I don't really know. The one that I go use nearly daily cos I can't keep my hands off it is nowhere near as slow, and it's available for testing in Nokias flagship store.

• Peter

daily hits going for Nokia C6-01 and C/E7!!

I believe hits for N8 will decrease slightly from now on.

• Tapash

please capture a comparison of pictures that was made by the sony ericsson satio and the nokia n8

really disappointed, nokia is way behind the competition.

• rifi06

no windows than its not a pda....

• AL

[deleted post]its worth waiting for n8 and it will be everywhere by october.

• dave

Look how N8 records video much better than iPhone4 !!
Incredible!

• josh

Anonymous, 13 Sep 2010Yo Wheez, when you say android wins on alot of things over symbi... morenothing android is not that good and im not lieing either!

• Sukhjinder Singh

Sir/Madam

I have Nokia N-8. I purchase from hongkong but in india its not working i think some locking problem.
Plz advice on my email ssandhu@ldh.jagran.com

2008 Nokia 6600slide also supports usb on-the-go.