Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• enzyke

Carol, 22 Jan 2013Hey, what is wrong with your flash? Does not turn on anymor... moreThnks CaroL for your concern! yes. it never turn on since i drop it on the fLoor(maybe 1 foot). & another probLem, it cant pLay fLv videos. is there a probLem w/ d software? its running on Symbian BeLLe version 111.030.0609. do i have to upgrade it on BeLLe Refresh? or is there an app (Core PLayer) for it just Like in my oLd phone Nokia n82?(im a big fan of nokia xenon fLash) i dont want to convert it to PC coz of d time consuming.

• Gurpreet

u will find it here : http://www.nokia.com/in-en/support/nokia-belle-software-update/

• Carol

Egu, 23 Jan 2013I have Nokia N8,is it advisable to update phone software to... more:). Where were you one year?:P Joke. I don't think there are to many N8 users that still uses Anna or pr1. So, i can say that is worthy, is a new Symbian experience, is something else but it is still Symbian. Allot of useless things present in ANNA are taken out, but in the same time a small part of useful stuff to, but just a small part. I'd say it is worthy, you can wait, though, for other opinions. As for belle... it is already to Refresh Version and we hope to get another release to make it even better:P.

IN THE MEAN TIME... TO ALL N8 USERS, there is a fix for those who have problems with old wlan routers connections. Or even for all users!http://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/wlan-software-update

Sg, 23 Jan 2013Hi, how do I block numbers from calling me (backlist)?U need to use programs, you can take a look at this ones:
Call & SMS Filter:

Call Blocker: http://store.ovi.com/content/293377?clickSource=publisher+channel&channel=&pos=1

best blacklist:

I think there are others to. You can search google: call blocker nokia n8. I think you will find others to.

• Guru

Replacing the battery for the Nokia N8 is quite simple.
open the 2 screws on both bottom sides of the mobile.
pull the bottom end straight, be careful is holds your GSM antennae and then there is a flap that holds the battery in place, lift it and then pull the plastic tongue straight in the downward motion and replace the battery. its a BL series battery. make sure that the plastic tongue is stuck onto the new battery, so its easy to remove the battery the next time over..

• Egu

I have Nokia N8,is it advisable to update phone software to Nokia Belle?.Has anyone upgraded his/her phone?.Thanks for your feedback.

• AnonD-20890

AnonD-104352, 23 Jan 2013My old sim card is full with only 125 contacts and the mess... moreMark all the inbox messages as read. Then go to my folders (in messaging area) and check each subfulder for any unread messages. Then mark them read. Restart the phone. It should go.

This usually happens when I synchronize my main symbian phone with other 2 (not simultaneously) other synbian phones using the SWITCH feature (not available in the belle o/s).

• AnonD-20890

AnonD-89661, 22 Jan 2013Thanks for ur info im going to buy new battery and replace ... moreBe careful when replacing the battery or else some part(s) of the panel may break if you do it in hurry or force it. Study the original position of all the parts before removing and during the removal process.

Play the battery replacement video in the laptop or PC in full screen mode and pause it after every step for you to perform the action. Since it is not that easy to replace the battery, better buy NOKIA ORIGINAL battery with warranty from Nokia and fix it. It is normal for any rechargeable battery to give less standby time when it crosses year by year (even if it is original or not). If it is original, you may get long battery life for more days compared to the duplicate ones. Thats the difference.

• Sg

Hi, how do I block numbers from calling me (backlist)?

My old sim card is full with only 125 contacts and the message icon still blinks regularly and ive deleted all my messages...does this mean I have to get a new sim card that has more free space??

• Broily

Anonymous, 22 Jan 2013Hey, you can try to keep your power button pressed for more... moreUse a mini usb .then charge it to your pc usb or use a charger with more amp .just to kick battery to life.then charge to normal charger when the white light turn on

• Carol

AnonD-89661, 22 Jan 2013Thanks for ur info im going to buy new battery and replace ... moreDid you tried what i've wrote, first? Give it a chance, maybe you are lucky.

AnonD-20890, 22 Jan 2013Buy new battery and change the battery. It is user replacea... moreThanks for ur info im going to buy new battery and replace it see if i can fix it. But i searched on internet and found a lot other people facing this same issue.

• Gurpreet

Carol, 22 Jan 2013Sorry, but after that small thing that happend before. I ki... moreIt wasnt me still if u feel i cant help

• Carol

Gurpreet, 21 Jan 2013If its me i will say direct will not hide and say things to you !Sorry, but after that small thing that happend before. I kind of doubt that:)

• Carol

AnonD-20890, 22 Jan 2013Ok. thanks. I will test in 3G mode and reply you. By the... moreHey, you are welcome. I also wanted to tell you that a good signal area doesn't always mean that you have to have all the bars colored. So to say, i signd a new contract with a crap Carrier (i didn't knew that before signing:). So before i had O2,and my phones battery lasted a bit longer, not by much, but everything matters. Also, in O2 my 3g network was good and i always had less power consumption in standby then with the 2g. Which, after reading all mobile specs, looks normal. 3g should consume more power while talking and less while in standby. But now, let's say: i'm home and i have my phone in 3g network. Signal looks full. Someone calls, i peak it up and answer. After just a couple of seconds (maybe a minute) 3g drops to 2g and this is also not something to brag about. Now, my phone never drops calls but it shore strogles to maintain a good signal, which means: more power eating and a crappy Carrier. So even though i have full signal while not touching it, i also think this is because my phone uses a bit more battery to keep it full, after answering a call or accesing the net i can see clearly that is a weak signal (a crappy network) and that my battery goes down faster. On O2 i never saw this and never had this ”errors” eating up my battery. So, what i wanted to say hear is that you can get full signal from a crappy carrier but the thing is how the signal behaves when talking and when moving, when covering the lower part af the phone area. There you can see if it is a good coverage or a stinky one. A strenght signal or a lauzy one:). Like mine... What you said to the guy is good, of course:) you don't have to ask me that. It is good that i am not alone here:). The more opinions the better. The more we learn:)

AnonD-816, 22 Jan 2013Please help. My Nokia N8 died.. The battery drained to zero... moreHey, you can try to keep your power button pressed for more then 8 seconds, see if the phone vibrates. Keep it pressed till ten secconds. If it's not then just plugin the charger and let it for 5 minutes to see if it starts charging. If not, then do what SUDHAKAR saied, cause you probably have a dead battery

• AnonD-20890

Carol, 21 Jan 2013Hey, that is normal... but what's with the 8mA? Is that the... moreOk. thanks. I will test in 3G mode and reply you.

By the way a user Gisam has problem in his mobile battery. Is my suggestion (below this post) correct?.

• AnonD-20890

AnonD-816, 22 Jan 2013Please help. My Nokia N8 died.. The battery drained to zero... moreBuy new battery and change the battery. It is user replaceable. Search in youtube 'how to replace Nokia N8 battery'.

You have to open the 2 screw (on the left bottom (sideways) and right bottom (side ways)) and remove the bottom cover by gently shaking left and right along with pulling power. Observe how the plastic lock is in the place. Then remove the plastic lock like thing. Pull the plastic film (that is sticked to the battery). Finally battery comes out.

There are batteries being sold in ebay.com (worldwide site) and in ebay.in (Indian site). Search under mobile accessories category.

Note that you have to avoid taking out the battery frequently because if any part of the panel breaks, then you have to buy FULL PANEL SET !!!.

Buy a good ORIGINAL BATTERY from Nokia. Then buy Nokia external battery pack model Nokia DC-16 and use it. To recharge the battery pack, you will need a seperate USB adapter (AC to USB) seperately which is not supplied with DC-16. Or you can then plug in the USB end in a PC and plug the other end to the battery pack. But charging via adapter will be better because you don't have to keep PC on for charging only.

• hassan

my lovely gf give me this mobile
i love her very much