Nokia N8

Nokia N8

AnonD-816, 22 Jan 2013Please help. My Nokia N8 died.. The battery drained to zero till... moreHey, you can try to keep your power button pressed for more then 8 seconds, see if the phone vibrates. Keep it pressed till ten secconds. If it's not then just plugin the charger and let it for 5 minutes to see if it starts charging. If not, then do what SUDHAKAR saied, cause you probably have a dead battery

• AnonD-20890

Carol, 21 Jan 2013Hey, that is normal... but what's with the 8mA? Is that the powe... moreOk. thanks. I will test in 3G mode and reply you.

By the way a user Gisam has problem in his mobile battery. Is my suggestion (below this post) correct?.

• AnonD-20890

AnonD-816, 22 Jan 2013Please help. My Nokia N8 died.. The battery drained to zero till... moreBuy new battery and change the battery. It is user replaceable. Search in youtube 'how to replace Nokia N8 battery'.

You have to open the 2 screw (on the left bottom (sideways) and right bottom (side ways)) and remove the bottom cover by gently shaking left and right along with pulling power. Observe how the plastic lock is in the place. Then remove the plastic lock like thing. Pull the plastic film (that is sticked to the battery). Finally battery comes out.

There are batteries being sold in ebay.com (worldwide site) and in ebay.in (Indian site). Search under mobile accessories category.

Note that you have to avoid taking out the battery frequently because if any part of the panel breaks, then you have to buy FULL PANEL SET !!!.

Buy a good ORIGINAL BATTERY from Nokia. Then buy Nokia external battery pack model Nokia DC-16 and use it. To recharge the battery pack, you will need a seperate USB adapter (AC to USB) seperately which is not supplied with DC-16. Or you can then plug in the USB end in a PC and plug the other end to the battery pack. But charging via adapter will be better because you don't have to keep PC on for charging only.

• hassan

my lovely gf give me this mobile
i love her very much

Please help. My Nokia N8 died.. The battery drained to zero till it shut off itself then wow i try to charge it but there are no light indicating that its is charging. Can't charge can't turn on. My Nokia is out of warranty. Any solution..? Thanks.

• Carol

ENZYKE, 21 Jan 2013heLLo there! i have a question for the n8 fanatics/geeks there. ... moreHey, what is wrong with your flash? Does not turn on anymore or what? If yes. Then is probably your flash. It is unlikely, though, to be a software problem. But never know.

• carol

Ray Hipkiss, 21 Jan 2013@Carol, I used to enjoy battling the Trolls on this forum bu... moreYeh, i know, i remember some comments from you. And i understand why are you tired, of posting... You could still help though:P

• Carol

12xu, 21 Jan 2013Good mornirng Carol, thanks for the reply, have a nice day!Hey, you are welcome

• Carol

AnonD-20890, 21 Jan 2013My phone consumed 0.02W, 4 mA, -60dBm (network strength I think)... moreHey, that is normal... but what's with the 8mA? Is that the power consumption when those 2 programs are running in background?

I have 4mA 2g stanby mode and 6mA in 3g standby mode. My network 3g sucks big time. I also have 204mA in game play. i played fruit ninja for 5 minutes.

• Gurpreet

Carol, 21 Jan 2013I apologize if that guy wasn't you, though i still feel it was y... moreIf its me i will say direct will not hide and say things to you !

• ENZYKE

heLLo there! i have a question for the n8 fanatics/geeks there. i just want to ask, is there a soLution for my n8 xenon fLash? i have been to NCC. they said that the xenon fLash wouLd cost Php1500 (US$40). is that a software probLem or hardware? thanx...

• Carol

Gurpreet, 21 Jan 2013whats this all about carol ? why you mentioning my name in ? :@I apologize if that guy wasn't you, though i still feel it was you... but i apologize. Nothing personal.

• AnonD-20890

Carol, 21 Jan 2013Hey , the thing is a bit tricky but plese read as many times as ... moreMy phone consumed 0.02W, 4 mA, -60dBm (network strength I think), 8 mAh when in locked screen condition with best profiles and dailycop running in the background.

No incoming / outgoing call and incoming / outgoing SMS occurred during the test period.

Is it normal?. I tested in strong (all network bars were visible in pure white colour) signal area only.

How is the AMOLED screen compared to the N9 AMOLED screen? I'm not talking about ppi/resolution, but more about the contrast, colours and the blacks. I found the N9 screen one of the best. But I'm still thinking about buying this phone too.

• Gurpreet

Carol, 20 Jan 2013First of all: it is you again. Second of all: i have never tried... morewhats this all about carol ? why you mentioning my name in ? :@

• Gurpreet

ojaxz73, 20 Jan 2013Mobile Hotspot, Its a shame the N8 is not equipped with the mo... moreWhat kind of phone do u use ?

• Ray Hipkiss

carol, 20 Jan 2013:)). I'm not quite like that. But i admit, i like to make some f... more@Carol,

I used to enjoy battling the Trolls on this forum but gave up a long time ago. I used to also help people out quite a lot, similar to how you are helping people out too. Keep up the good work :-)

• 12xu

Carol, 20 Jan 2013Hey 12xu. Yes you are right. 2g EDGE is quite a slow connection,... moreGood mornirng Carol,
thanks for the reply, have a nice day!

• sunny

Good News Guyx ....
Another software update is on the pipeline for 1st generation s^3 ..... so be ready

• AnonD-20890

Carol, 21 Jan 2013Hey , the thing is a bit tricky but plese read as many times as ... moreI found the line switching virtual button. I will do the test(s) full fledged and reply you in this area. Thanks for your response.

Can you post your N8 phone's power usage (in mA and W) without background applications running under these conditions :

> in a strong GSM network area.

> in weak GSM network area.

> in strong 3G network area.

> in weak 3G network area.

Weak network means with single network bar.