Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Aditya

Hey Guyz ! I'm a resident of India. I am about to buy a phone around 25k mark. I'm confused between Blackberry Bold 9700 / Nokia N900 / Nokia N8. Please suggest me a good phone and please let me know that when will N8 launch in India and what will be it's price ? Should I wait for Nokia N8 or should I go for Nokia N900 or Blackberry Bold 9700 ? I expect a worthy suggestion from you guyz.

Thank You.
Aditya sharma

OMG !!
nokia n8 is now 499 EUR !!!!

• sany

it's a nic phone

• Engineer Man

The N8 is only one of Nokia's new 2010 Mid-range devices. We have yet to wait for what comes next. The N9 for instance may have Meego, maybe S^4. I have no idea what stages Meego is in. Meanwhile the N8 offers surprising amount of Quality engineering for a new mid-range device & sets the standards higher for other mobile manufacturers to follow.

The N8 is made out a stylish one piece sheet of alumiium which is dyed into 5 different colours. There will be ratio 5:5:2:2:2. Black, silver, orange, green, blue. This is from what I've heard from the Nokia CEO who posted on this very thread apparently.

The only department samsung are ahead in are SAMOLED, screen resolution. However for a 3.5" screen & a resolution of 640x360, this matches hte exact specification for the 16:9 standard perfectly, no upscaling needed & everything incl videos will look perfect anyway. 800x480 may be better for closer viewing but more battery drain for GPU, CPU. Web browsing becomes natively problematic with 80x480 unless you are using 4.0" or more.

Samsung aren't neccesarily employing quality engineering in their handset products, although of recent they seem to be bettering quality. But the handset are built into cheap plastic enclosures. I eman they can afford it like nokia to put decen GPRS, EDGE modems in their aswell as metal casing. Samsung need to do this. Their newer handsets will have SAMOLED with PPI pixel density smaller than Iphone 4 with 1280x720 pixel screens. But the technology inside such as GPRS/EDGE needs to be higher class like Nokia, also some quality metal case phones would be nice to see to compete with Nokia.

The only department Nokia are behind in is Screen type, resolution only. Everything else in their is of a higher technology standard, this is so with the N8- anyway. If I have any gripse with S^3 it will be that they add copy & paste to the web browser, good flash support (which they have)some more functionality such as tabbed browsing, new page functions. This is my only gripe though.

• venkat

Please provide the option to strore secret information with the correct password.this feature is laking in nokia.

• Adam

Nokia best and useful application http://www.nokia.com/makemyapp
Plus so many application from iphone and android with QT come to your nokia phone...and this surely a great application from Nokia http://thenokiablog.com/2010/0...udio-videos/
And see this UI preview video from great Nokia N8
Nokia speaker test http://conversations.nokia.com...udio -smarts/

Hope this useful

New Waver, 02 Aug 2010To everyone. I have used many many symbian devices (from noki... moresymbian^3???

Nuwan, 02 Aug 2010Dear all, I just watched a video about Nokia N8's 'USB on the... moreUSB OTG is not smart enough to play with hardware

if you wont to connect a nokia phone to the N8

you will need to change the phone to "mass storage"

so you are connecting your "mass storage" device with your N8 (mass storage = flash memory = external hard-disk ) (mass storage != mouse or keyboard )

*(!=):don't equal

• AKKI

Launch PRICE in India is confirmed at INR 23,990/-
Saw it on srivasavi mobile

• Nuwan

Nuwan, 02 Aug 2010Dear Wave, Yeah.. as you said, Samsung Wave has a stunning lo... moreDear all,

I just watched a video about Nokia N8's 'USB on the Go' feature... I think so many people don't know what really is that... If you guys know how much it's important... You'll praise Nokia N8 once again...!

USB on the Go features turns your mobile device to a computer...! You can carry your pen drive (with whatever capacity it has) and connect it directly to the Nokia N8 and use it as a external mass storage...! and You can play songs... watch films... edit office files etc in that storage...!

You can even connect another Nokia mobile to your N8 just like you do with your computer...

Though it has not been directly mentioned so far... I hope this USB on the go feature will allow us to use external key board and mouse as well... (We already can add an external key board or a mouse via bluetooth...)

• RONALD

Li-Ion 1200 mAh
Dear all,
Can we expect good battery life from nokia n8?
Yes it has AMOLED capacitive touchscreen but what about other functions which need heavy power like
12 MP with Xenon flash,
ARM 11 680 MHz processor,
FM transmitter,
720p@25fps hd recording,
360 x 640 pixels 3.5 inches DISPLAY,
3G Network or WLAN etc.

• Nuwan

Wave, 01 Aug 2010N8 Looks outdated when you compare it with Wave. Wave has a stun... moreDear Wave,

Yeah.. as you said, Samsung Wave has a stunning look and great features... But when it comes to Nokia, I don't think I will ever look back to Samsung... Why...?

** Nokia doesn't release mobile just for the competition.. That's why they're always late by features.. (Eg: When Nokia's first touch screen mobile 5800 releases, there were so many touch screen mobiles already out there in the market..) You know why...? Because they do lots of lots of home work before they're releasing a mobile... They first release it to some testers all over the world and let them test it for several months... While others are releasing phones without any sort of such a test, Nokia does it for several months...! And Nokia marketing campaign was never so sophisticated as Apple i-phone or Samsung... But it always gave a promising mobile which you can use for several years without any problem..!

If you don't believe me.. Just try to find out a touch screen mobile from Samsung, LG or so which was manufactured at 2008... But as for Nokia.. You'll find plenty of 5800s here and there still serving at their best..!

Nokia is always about the DURABILITY...
and with Last Long finish and quality...
With great user friendly and customizable amazing OS..
With loads of applications out there...

I know... Nokia is always late with modern features... But still that's for a reason... That's because they're trying to give us the best...!

So... for those who're going for Samsung Wave or Galaxy... I will definitely say...

Galaxy and Wave has great features... Great performance... Stunning look... Everything is just fine...

But... I will use my Nokia N8 that I'm going to buy... Far more time than you guys are using your Samsung mobile..!

If you don't believe me... Just wait and see... Time will tell...

• .

lala land, 01 Aug 2010Hmmmm....Who Thinks The Nokia N8 is going to kill the iphone 4?Your post already moved to page 6, but still getting some replies. Hmm... no comment.

• .

Nokia India is marketing N8 even before launch! Phone is scheduled to release in India, early this September.

• qq

[deleted post]i suggest desire

• Mohan

lala land, 01 Aug 2010Hmmmm....Who Thinks The Nokia N8 is going to kill the iphone 4?Already i phone4 dead by Signal & Not successful

Sure Nokia N8 Will Be Successful all over

• phones fan

[deleted post]are you speaking to me!!!???

• vish

does N8 support animated wallpapers (live wallpapers) like in androids??
and 1 more question..Im currently using N97 and I hate it..which phone should I go for?? desire,x10 or this one????

• vish

does N8 support animated wallpapers (live wallpapers) like in androids??