Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Tom-Helge

I see that the Nokia N8 have got a price here in Norway now. Ofc this price is not final price, but atm it cost 561 dollars or 468 euro.

While the XPERIA X10 have gone a little down in price here in Norway down to 606 dollars or 506 euro.

In the recent early prototypee video

it is sad to know rhat the we cant know which field we type our words in with the virtual keyboard.

The nokia standard icons that created in 70s still have no small cosmetic changes, nice icons should be there out of the box

the better the less long tap pop out menu, it is p like ui

• Mark

Hi everyone,

I must say, that I am sad, that our mods have had to fix things, that adults should have been able to fix.

lets stick to being adults and enjoying technology.

cheers

• George

It looks like the N8 may get 50.000 votes before the end of this month! Usually a device gets half the votes before and half after it has been released. With a averige of 15.000 votes a month and a release date at the end of August, the N8 will end with a total of 160.000 votes + ! ! ! If that's the case,the N8 is the most popular device by far in human history ! How interesting.

• Engineer Man

The reason the N8 has 1280mah?
The phone is using AMOLED.
The 5800xm using 1320mah

A phone using AMOLED will consume... I forget but it's either 20% or 80% less than a TFT.

Putting it somewhat into understanding. A 5800 would need at least 2000mah to compete on battery efficiency to last as long as the N8. TFT really does consume masses of power... Well if it's on full brightness. I turn mine down to min.

I like to make the point with oder symbians & screen baclight. There is no auto adjustment programmed in since the device has the sensor for it....?

It would be nice to see this Auto backlight option added in S^3 for N8.

• smith

Rajesh, 05 Jun 2010Higher the specs, shorter the battery life. You will get the ful... morealso one more thing, we are not talking about the quality of the battery here. for all we knoe, nokia could be using very good/bad quality battery---we just don't know. what we do know is its capacity--and it have not to do with the battery being good or bad. no point having a 1500mAh if its a ripoff made in china for dirt cheap right?

Rajesh, 05 Jun 2010Higher the specs, shorter the battery life. You will get the ful... moreit's not how fast the battery drains, of course higher spec will drain more battery. But lithium ion batteries are good for about 1000 charg cycles---meaning fully drained and recharged, but in my case i still charge it even though its not drain thats because lithium do not have memory affects. sop even if u charg it once a day, that shoud still last u about 2-3 yr. of course it won't reatin full capacity by that time, but it won't be so bad that it's not usable---especially in 1-6 month time frame like you stated.

Nokia rules! Recording popularity and hits, highest votes even before the launch!

• nataku

Arnie, 05 Jun 2010If it have 800-480 resolution. N8 will be very good phone,becaus... moretrue u need bigger screen when browsing so more of the web pages fit w/o much scrolling, but not neccessary when wathing movie as we cannot really tell the diff on such a small screen. Same thing as you don't really need 1080p on a screen smaller than 50". so the n8 screen shouldn't really be a prob. beside the screen is at the perfect ratio to watch movie as it won't leave you with any black unused space top and bottom :)

Anis, 05 Jun 2010What mostly annoy me .. we are waiting for this device to come !... morelet them finish the work on phone! day by day, its being improved. it might get launched in august only. rumoured date is 24th august.

• Anis

What mostly annoy me .. we are waiting for this device to come ! and we dont know the exact date :( thats sad

[deleted post]do you sleep on this site?
wouldn't it be better to help people on the x10 forum?
i think people will decide for themselves when they see the youtube reviews and judge for themselves.
This is becoming annoying.

Anonymous, 05 Jun 2010hey you noticed that guy who installed this theme has got improv... more> look in sixth picture, phone is almost horizontal to shooter and still black is looking black only and colours are still vivid (not like whitish as seen on early builds or on TFT displays)

You're right! Display looks awesome even at extreme angles.

• uzak

is that true with 1200 m battery we can speak 13 h?i don t believe that.maybe need 1500 m battery for 13 h..

• Arnie

If it have 800-480 resolution. N8 will be very good phone,because when you browsing, or watching videos. You need bigger sreen

• TOM is looser

[deleted post]GSMarena is keeping close watch on his activities as assured via email to one regular vistor. Now whenever he post, it gets deleted!! he is such a looser..

• Roberto

WOW, I have just watched the video clips taken with the N8. Super nice quality. Surely this is the best camera, handycam cellphone by far. 370Euro is what . . . 450-USD. NOKIA better release this phone fast.

Anonymous, 05 Jun 2010Nice theme shown on N8: http://www.finestfones.com/2010/06/noki... morehey you noticed that guy who installed this theme has got improved prototype. look in sixth picture, phone is almost horizontal to shooter and still black is looking black only and colours are still vivid (not like whitish as seen on early builds or on TFT displays).. so it seems that AMOLED in N8 is improving with time..

Anonymous, 05 Jun 2010Nice theme shown on N8: http://www.finestfones.com/2010/06/noki... morehey mate, really thank you for sharing such awesome theme. it look cool on my n97 as well!

i think NOKIA cares for average joe and yes 370euro is something most of the people can afford. And i think if nokia really wanted to make a flagship they would have put 1ghz, keyboard,meego..etc but think again my friends the price would have been 550euro+.
Think again on this my friends.
All the best choosing your next phone!!!!