Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Carol

AnonD-76234, 18 Oct 2012my shutter is permanently shut...as i open my camera only the ex... moreThis happend because of something? Or you don't know? Are the small protective plastics from camera lenses open when you open the app?. Plese inform us more about what happend. You installes apps for the camera, you drop the phone. You did some moding.??? Or the problem started from nowere?!

• Carol

Irshad ali , 18 Oct 2012What is the meaning of tv-out. And please any one tell me how i ... moreTv out means that has an out slot for tv. Meaning that you can watch your photos videos, play games, or use internet on your tv with your phone. In this case HDMI slot is available for tv out. You need a app for waching tv programs o your n8. There are some on nokia store. Spb Tv is one if them and it's free.

Carol, 18 Oct 2012what do you mean? What kind o problems do you have?my shutter is permanently shut...as i open my camera only the exit word will display in a black background :( may you help me to solved this please...thanks a lot

• jaeahl

Carol, 18 Oct 2012what do you mean? What kind o problems do you have?my n8 camera doesn't work,the main and the secondary camera...the shutter permanently shut..if you open the camera it only display the exit word :(...please do help me

• Carol

Anonymous, 18 Oct 2012thanx SahileZXL & Carol. I'm trying to update my N8 to bell... moreNo, they are not the same. Refresh is an update for belle. Maybe this update did not reach your country yet, and you will unfortunately need to wait a while longer. Or you can also go to nokia store to do the update or to update it by your self via phoenix. And to download official belle refresh for your product code with navifirm, if your product code is there. Navifirm is a software that downloads the official firmwares streight from nokia update servers. If yo want to do this, is a bit risky so you need to learn a bit on how to use navifirm and mainly how to reflesh with phoenix.

• Carol

AnonD-76205, 18 Oct 2012can you give me the examples please. my question is can it beat ... morethe exact exemples i camnot give you. But a 100$ camera is quite nothing. In Germany there are NoName cameras priced like this. And those cameras are a s**t. Also, my mother has a Medion bought with almoast 200 euro new, 8 megapixels. Im front of my n8 is a like a nokia c-05 with or without optical zoom. So all depends. If you can get a cannon 12 mp at this 'low' price. Then get it. Only becauae has optics amd at some points will do better then n8. Not far better though. But if you need a phone to... Then... It is your choice. Do some testings in a store, if they still have n8

• Carol

AnonD-76234, 17 Oct 2012could anyone help me about my n8 phone camera doesn't work total... morewhat do you mean? What kind o problems do you have?

• Robert

AnonD-76205, 18 Oct 2012can you give me the examples please. my question is can it beat ... moreMate, the main reason for which N8 takes better pictures than most of $100-$200 compact cameras is the sensor size. Those compact cameras has a sensor size of 1/2.33" while the N8 has one measuring 1/1.83" which translates into more than 27% higher, which means better results in lowlight. There are also other reasons like geo-tagging, Carl Zeiss lenses, ND filter, etc.

• Robert

Carol, 17 Oct 2012Hey, are you new in symbian? there are 3 methods to format. Also... moreHi Carol, thanks a lot for your help and patience with guys like me! I am not new in Symbian but I never had reasons to do this formatting before. Now, my 2 years old N8 is very low in C memory and I assume that I am facing this because since I bought it I installed and delete many games and apps. I hope that formatting it and install only the apps I really need my N8 will work as smooth as it did as new.

Carol, 17 Oct 2012This baby here, was compared with DSLR camera, and was quite goo... morecan you give me the examples please. my question is can it beat a mid range like $100 digital camera in terms of image quality

• Irshad ali

What is the meaning of tv-out. And please any one tell me how i can watch tv channels on mobile lively

• Irshad ali

• Suhail

Camera is best 3g speed is best 2g speed is very poor battery is poor

thanx SahileZXL & Carol.
I'm trying to update my N8 to belle refresh.but I didn't found belle REFRESH.only belle.I want to know both of this are same or not??

• Carol

Hey guys, i've found a very useful app (for me). If you are annoyed by that message and missed calls pup-ups. I know i am!! There is on nokia store a small app called Pupup hider by fokin. If you want to use the notification bar in the way that should be used.

could anyone help me about my n8 phone camera doesn't work totally pleas!!!!!

• jaeahl

my nokia phone camera doesnt work...please do help me

• Carol

[deleted post]This baby here, was compared with DSLR camera, and was quite good. Also has more settings then allot of 100$ priced cameras. Also takes better pictures then allot of average cameras, the only real problem (this is in all smarphones) is the lack of optical zoom. Unfortunately this is also normal for a mobile phone.

• Carol

Robert, 17 Oct 2012Hi Carol, how do you format an N8? Thanks!Hey, are you new in symbian? there are 3 methods to format. Also if you want to completely format you will have to do mass storage also. May i ask why you want to format? If you have problems or bugs, or errors after some updates you can try to format like this: first save your important files from mass memory and contacts from phone, you can save messages to if you like to, but that's it, nothing else. remember, only important files, don't save this folders: private, resource, sys, system from mass mem.. Now format mass mem.: enter files/ then long press on mass memory/ hit format. After all is done format phone mem. enter: settings/phone/phone management/factory settings/delete data and restore. Will ask you for security code if you have one. Phone will restart and all what you will be able to see is Nokia on black background. This process will take from 5 to 10 minutes, so don't be scared. That's it:) to backup messages and contacts you will need nokia suite.

Monty, 10 Jul 2012Hi Dude, Even i was confused on same Models N8 or Nokia 700, af... morewhich digital camera had you compared with your N8?