Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Carol

n8 user, 23 Oct 2012hi all, i'd like to say something bad about n8, shall i start no... moreSo, for you that's a problem?:))))))). First of all that's a problem of developers, is not the phone to blame! Second? Symbian apps are harder to develop' and to make them without bugs is even harder then to do this for android. That's also a reason for all "make a quick buck" developers to go for android. Develop allot of crapp in "speedway" and earn some nice money. So that's why viber for symbian and many others need more work and developer dedication... Who judges a phone because of some apps anyway?:)))). I'm tired of this hopeless world!

• Remc

harry, 23 Oct 2012hi frnds,, im hving a problm wid my n8. Its usb port is not work... moretry different usb if not working try to plug ur phone to ur friend computer and see if it will pick up otherwise usb of ur computer or operation system(windows)they is a problems thanks

• Candy

wow thats a thing i needed. Beautiful phone with all features. Superb. I just sold out my old x7 and i took n8 by replacing it.

• harry

hi frnds,, im hving a problm wid my n8. Its usb port is not working,,when i attach it with my pc,, pc doet not recoznise my n8,, i thought it was software prob,,but i cant update my mbl coz it requires data cable connection with pc, but n8's micro usb not is not working,, pls tell is it a hardware prob or sofware issue,,nd how can i find solution,,

for some reasons fm transmitter is not working I am on latest Nokia belle my phone is from eu I am living in USA where fm transmitter is allowed

• japar

what's the best things about this phone model, can anybody explains me.

• Diah

How to use N8 as free video call from internet,i try open from FB can not,yahoo massanger also cannot,skype can't also,only direct video call can.thank you

Carol, 22 Oct 2012That is not normal but is a comun problem in amoled screens. Thi... moreActually carol, we can use 'lightctrl.sis' for significantly reduce tha purple tint.. I used it without any problem on my previous n8..

Make sure you increase the brightness up to 60 and program set to auto start...

• Rajesh Ambthu

Carol, 22 Oct 2012If your motherboard is dead, what can we do? I realy am sory tha... moreHandle with care Bro this is not cheap mobile Dnt waste ur Money For Sumsung galaxy frst clean the Anti Virus in ur system anr try it..............................................­

• n8 user

hi all, i'd like to say something bad about n8, shall i start now???????
i'm having n8 for about more than 1 year, i want to say some good thing when i complain, its having good camera from this phone, I'm having lots of issues from this such as no video call available from skype, can not talk over VIBER, stacking,like can say........

i regretly advise you not to buy this n8. when you compare with other phone n8 is bull shit.

• carol

AnonD-50635, 22 Oct 2012Thanx a lot carol.My pleasure!

Carol, 22 Oct 2012My phone: 130 mb ram when boot. 118/120 after using. I had 17 ap... moreThanx a lot carol.

• swagga

i hev forgetten my n8 lock code,how do i unlock it,thanx in advance

• Carol

Sad, 22 Oct 2012My nokia has gone death while i was talking,and so i think it wa... moreIf your motherboard is dead, what can we do? I realy am sory that this happened to people, cause you are not the only one to have this. But the most annoying are some grups from some countrys that represent nokia and work at nokia care centre, but... they are offen money suckers and don't give a dime about the customer. So here comes this as'hole' that tell you that your phone is brocken because of you, so they can make some extra money by taking it out of warranty. This is the world we live in. If you had your phone in warranty and they said that the repair will not be for free cause you 'killed' it, then, take a bigger step to nokia and send them some complainigs, allot of them if they don't answer. Tell them your problem and how they should fix it. :). If you didn't had it into warranty then... You must pay for a new motherboard. I do't think there is a way to repair if yours is truly brocken.

• Carol

Anonymous, 22 Oct 2012Anyone noticed redish magenta on menu homescreen when there is b... moreThat is not normal but is a comun problem in amoled screens. This is an amoled error and sometimes, but only sometimes, an firmware error. If after you reinstall the firmware (download the firmware again, by deleting the old files from pc, if you ever updated your phone through pc) the problem persist then is 90% you screen to blame. You cannot repair it, you can only change it. You can find more aboit this problem by searching 'purple tint n8' on google.

• Sad

My nokia has gone death while i was talking,and so i think it was the battery but it was not.I sent it to repair so they say that the motherbord is broken and the reason for that is that i haf used another charger that i usally used, but i didn`t used a other charger.Please help me

Anyone noticed redish magenta on menu homescreen when there is black background or that is normal?

• seahawk

n8, 21 Oct 2012can anyone notice in belle refresh, the mobile data will automat... moreThat's true if the mobile data counter is set to reset everyday.

• Carol

AnonD-50635, 20 Oct 2012Query for N8 power users.. Please let me know how much free ram... moreMy phone: 130 mb ram when boot. 118/120 after using. I had 17 apps opened {symbian browser, opera browser, maps, fruit ninja, etc. can't remember them all). Strange was that i still had 105 mb... after 2 opened pages on opera and 3 on symbian browser my ram went down to 99 mb. Strange is i never had my ram lower then 80.
Home screen laggs only after boot, you need to let all things load, after everything is done, you will have no problem. I have 3 homescreens with 26 widgets and shortcuts. I can make another 3 and still no lagging. I talk like 4 hours a day and play maybe more then one hour on internet (no games). Never had problems with battery. At least 24 hours was always on. Last night my battery was 10% charged, i entered nokia store trying to find something but i felt a sleep. In the morning, my phone was still connected and i still had 3% of my battery:). Per total: from 24 hours on heavy usage to 2 to 3 days on normal usage.