Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Carol

hams24, 30 Oct 2012hey recent N8 buyers with symbian belle preinstalled..!! c... moreThere is no problem with symbian belle in n8. If you do a proper update then there cannot be any problem. So, if it's with belle preinstalled or anna or pr1 if you do a proper update there will be no errors. Though it is better to buy new manufactured ones, cause some first n8 editions had factory problems... And we don't want you to get one of them, maybe still hiding in some stores. It has skype but no video call unfortunately. If you like this phone. Buy it, you will be surprised on how many things you can find on it. If you like to experience.

• Carol

pisty, 30 Oct 2012hey please can any one help me, am using nokia n8 and my ph... moreyou cannot move your apps from phone mem to mass mem. Why don't you just uninstall them and install them back to mass mem? Also, if you have opera and use it allot, you should delete the data. Opera saves allot of cache files, i always have to clean 10 mb after i use it. You can also delete cache folder from original browser.

Hi! I just want to know if this device is capable of Skype for mobile ? thanks in advance !

• Carol

SUMON, 30 Oct 2012NOKIA N8 its a good cell phon but i face only camra prpblem... moreMaybe you have some reading errors on mass mem. For how long did you have this problem? When this pop-up? Also, how many apps do you have, how many mod's?. Have you ever formatted your phone? Sometimes needs a full formatting if you installed and uninstalled to much on it. Some files are left inside the mem and with time it maybe getting some errors.

• syalala

lmt, 30 Oct 2012Yes, best phone ever, but not perfect. Mine has broken and ... moretrue. i also had n8 and broke it. even Galaxy Note cant replace it. i still love it, N8 is the best phone I've ever had.

• lmt

Tomislav, 26 Oct 2012considering how much I paid for this phone I am happy with ... moreYes, best phone ever, but not perfect. Mine has broken and there is nothing to replace it other than another n8.-

i m facing a problem on my n8. I noticed that the display color isnt that same like before. The 720p videos while i watch is ok no differrnce same like before. But when i watch some low resolution videos like 360*640p videos the color and contrast does not appear that much clear and vivid like when i bought new. Do anybody hav any idea? Evrythings is ok in the handset but i m just little disapointed by the display colour.

• hams24

hey recent N8 buyers with symbian belle preinstalled..!!
could any one tell me is there any problem faced by u all because i think the problems most of them are facing are the old n8 users who have updated their fone from anna to belle.
and also would u tell me is skype video call really possible with this fone.????
actually m gonna buy this camera fone only for it fits into my sub 20,000 budget.
but i wanted to if i can make better use of the secondary camera on it..??
questions (former one) for recent buyers nd latter one for the old owners..
please reply..

• TRUE MAN

VIC, 29 Oct 2012Now I'm more confused. I just wanna know how this happened ... moreIm a N8 user plx buy pureview 808 , it has higher ram and better performance

pisty, 30 Oct 2012hey please can any one help me, am using nokia n8 and my ph... moreThere is an option in Nokia store ( the last icon to the right side on the bottom of the screen-my stuff-installation preferences) where you can choose where to install applications themes etc. in phone memory mass memory or memory card...it will help you. Uninstall previous applications and choose the right memory and install again

SUMON, 30 Oct 2012NOKIA N8 its a good cell phon but i face only camra prpblem... moreYou dont need to open the battery when the phone hangs just press and hold the on/off button for more than 10 seconds and the phone will vibrate 3 times quickly and it will switch off. Sometimes it swithches off earlier to the 3 vibrations but dont release the power button before it vibrates. Try this, it has worked for me several times when a game hangs. I have Symbian Anna and it should work for Belle too....

• pisty

hey please can any one help me, am using nokia n8 and my phone memory is almost full and i find it difficul 2 install applications and even brows .i want 2 be able 2 move some aplication from the phone mem to the mass memory.,pls can any one help me

• SUMON

NOKIA N8 its a good cell phon but i face only camra prpblem when the camra is on the phon is hang over tham i open the battery ,most of the time i do this but there is no result so dear pls tell what can i do

• carol

VIC, 29 Oct 2012From all the reflashes and downgrades I did(11.5, Anna, Bel... moreI don't think you will get the same bad luck on every mobile device... Maybe something just burned inside, maybe it is the antenna, maybe it is an isolated case, allot of "maybes" but no answers, i know! Just take and see if they can tell you at least what is the problem. They have to know that. Maybe yours was just defective and the problem was just a time matter to pop-up!

• VIC

Carol, 29 Oct 2012There is always a chip for everything in nokia or any other... moreFrom all the reflashes and downgrades I did(11.5, Anna, Belle, Refresh), everything was working perfect as it should and as before EXCEPT the wifi/wlan prob. It persists still. Despite all your huge help, I have no idea if it's hardware-related or a software one. I kinda doubt it was caused by a virus coz I think once you've flashed, everything is wiped out. And I used CFWs and original firmwares from Navifirm, too. Everything works great after each successful flash except wifi. Now I'm stuck not knowing if it's a hardware or software prob. I think the phone technicians I plan on going to would not know, either. Nokia would only say I should go to Nokia Care and have my software re-installed. I think I've done that with all the countless flashing I did.
The thing that bothers me now most is that if it would happen again if I get a new N8 or an 808. I will have no idea how to fix it if it happens again on a new one. I've read lotsa restarting problems with the N8 but this one's a bit isolated as it only affects the wifi and it's the only cause that my N8 would restart all the time. Also, I really hope I can solve this so I can help others with their N8 if this ever happens to them, too. You've been a big help, Carol and thanks again.

• Carol

VIC, 29 Oct 2012Now I'm more confused. I just wanna know how this happened ... moreThere is always a chip for everything in nokia or any other gadget. You cannot replace them! Let's say you can replace the chip responsible for wlan and other connections... but even if you can do that is more easier to buy a new mother board then to replace it. i don't know what happened with your phone and why, i have no answer to that. All i can say is that you are not alone. Most of them have similar problems after belle update. So, as i told you earlier i doubt now that is a chip problem. You can go to this mobile technicians, see what they have to say. you can also go to the store you bought it from, if it's still in warranty. You can also contact nokia and see if they have an answer. Or you can try a new re-flash with new files downloaded from nokia server. Maybe you have connections problems and the updates are not working as they should... and the firmwares you've downloaded are buggy. Try to do a re-flash on a good connection pc, also a very stable pc, without viruses or any other system problems. i am sorry i cannot help you more then this:(. Did your phone had any problems soon after update? Did you had connection error after update?

• VIC

Carol, 29 Oct 2012Yes i was talking about the chip, not the antenna. But afte... moreNow I'm more confused. I just wanna know how this happened and how to fix this so I'll know what to do if I get another N8, an 808 Pureview or any other Nokia device as I use my phone a lot as a wifi hotspot. And to answer your query, the phone restarts all the time whenever it starts searching for a wifi. I'd turn on wifi and starts searching and a few seconds later, the phone restarts. One more thing, as I use an app that relies on wifi, phone would restart also.
To make it simpler, is there one chip inside the N8 that is only for the wifi that can be replaced? And if there is, how did it got fried? I really wanna know coz it might happen again if I get another Nokia. My N8 was so good at being a wifi hotspot so I intend to get another one but after this happened, I'm a bit skeptical now of getting another N8. More so, an 808 Pureview.
And I'm light years away from a Nokia Care from where I live so going to other mobile technicians is one of my options now.
Thanks again for your reply, C.

• Carol

VIC, 29 Oct 2012Thanks for the reply, Carol. And yes, I've tried almost all... moreYes i was talking about the chip, not the antenna. But after some researching and looking at the motherboard i don't think is the chip either. Most probably the n8 uses a multifunctional one. So if Bluetooth and fm transmitter, also gps are working ok, then the chip problem answer is reduced to 2% true! Right now i cannot help you anymore, i'm sorry. You should take it to nokia care. Or you can still try another firmware flashing. Hard format the damn thing and the mass memory (download new original firmware files with navifirm) and flash again with phoenix. maybe you are lucky this time. Ah, yes, i wanted to ask you. It is restarting when you just turn on the wifi or after you are trying to connect to your rooter? Maybe the connection is the blame. I don't know what to say anymore:)).

• VIC

Carol, 29 Oct 2012You said that you did every re-flashing method you know. Th... moreThanks for the reply, Carol. And yes, I've tried almost all reflashes and downgrades. 11.5, Anna, ofw Belle, etc. Everything still works except for the Wifi. And the WLAN adapter you mentioned, are you referring to the Combo Antenna that the wifi and gps rely to? If not, is the WLAN adapter like a chip that's connected to the motherboard? I didn't dropped my N8 before the Wifi stopped working and whenever I try to use it or turn it on, my N8 restarts. I wanna know how this happened and how to fix this coz I rely on my N8 as wifi hotspot for my laptop. Is my N8 bricked for good? Or this wlan adapter still can be fixed?