Nokia N8

Nokia N8

Kuhu, 17 Nov 2014In love with my Nokia N8.It fulfilled my all requirements.Great ... moreSame here, it's been my dream phone since it was announced and I got mine in March 2013 after quite a bit of searching and saving. And it still makes me smile. :-)
I tried other phones too, but when I try the iPhone I play with it for 5 minutes, see what it can do, put it down and forget about it, boring phone. I try Android, it's OK, but I put it down and don't miss it either. But I always have an excuse to do one more thing with my N8, just can't let it go. Except when it needs to be charged. :-)

Anonymous, 19 Nov 2014Hi, everyone. Yeah I made a mistake about lack of amoled and cor... moreI think the defective motherboard (something about soldering and temperature) was just the very first series back when it was released, and I don't even think the pink one existed back then.
As for videos, I just stick with mp4 and it can play pretty much any of them, didn't have many problems, maybe one video out of 50. Didn't try too many other formats. And 360p is actually the easiest one to get, you have YouTube downloaders for the N8 and they give you mp4 in resolution of your choice, plus I have a YouTube download extension in Firefox which also gives 360p or 720p mp4. The N8 plays them without problems. 3gp goes too, but not many other formats although I haven't experimented too much.

Hi, everyone. Yeah I made a mistake about lack of amoled and corrected it a few posts later to CBD. Now that the store is moving to opera like what i was suggesting a while back, I'm reconsidering. Nokia N1 can wait.

I was just wondering if the pink ones are free from defective mobo and if anybody can post what parameters to consider/avoid when looking to play 480p/720p videos? Bec 360p are hard to come by. Thanks.

Anonymous, 07 Nov 2014Too bad it doesn't have amoled screen like c6-01 or 700 or 808 p... moreIt does have amoled but not the same as the phones you mentioned. The N8's screen lacks Clear Black. These Clear Black screens were introduced after the N8 was introduced. It would have been great if the N8 also had Clear Black but the screen is still very nice.

nokia is gona bounce bak in 2016 aftr the agreement is over wid microsoft

AnonD-104880, 18 Nov 2014yes!!! FinaLLy, Nokia is back to the baLL game again! #nokian1It's just a tablet. I'm sort of sorry it has "N" in the name as it's nothing like the N-Series, like they want to milk some extra money from the old nostalgic users. And I don't think Nokia will ever make phones again, which they more-less confirmed, and all their best people, including the camera team, are with Microsoft now.

yes!!! FinaLLy, Nokia is back to the baLL game again! #nokian1

• shakil

hi i want to download wats app i cant wat can i do

• april

My Nokia N8 was already reprogram because of the virus. Is it possible that the original features especially the camera and the processor will be back again? I love my Nokia N8.

• drifter

Please help. how do you foward a whatsapp message on the N8?

Anonymous, 07 Nov 2014Too bad it doesn't have amoled screen like c6-01 or 700 or 808 p... moreDear, it has amoled, but not have clear black display

• mani

hi, i'm using nokia n8 i want to install what's app in my n8 when i connect to my account i can't able to access what should i do? plz any one help me......

• Kuhu

In love with my Nokia N8.It fulfilled my all requirements.Great performance.Always dreamt of buying N8,and now its all mine ,since 5th oct 2012.I love u my N8.Can't even stay away from it,for a minute.

• Saeed

How can use viber or whats up and... By nokia n8

Harsh, 05 Nov 2014Dear, you should go for lumia 1020 its 41 mp camera n latest win... moreBut lumia phones do not have Symbian o/s. Symbian rocks.

• peter john lebo

sooooooo nice phone from nokia and the camera works soooo good

AnonD-104880, 10 Nov 2014can anybody here expLain to me why Symbian was never really well... moreWalkman, is that you???? Welcome back.

can anybody here expLain to me why Symbian was never really well suited for
smartphones?

MdN8, 08 Nov 2014Of course it has an AMOLED screen.I mean cbd.

• Alister Coutinho

Well i am Using this phone for past 4 years. still excellent. the camera is awesome, especially when you click at night. I have even tried 64GB micro sd card (SAMSUNG EVO 64gb) in it and it works perfectly fine.