Nokia N8

Nokia N8

Ray Hipkiss, 24 Dec 2011 @ symbianfan. Hello Symbian, in my opinion, is a more... morethey changed the name to nokia belle not symbian belle anymore, so i guess it isnt symbian anymore....

Keep an eye on Here

Gaz

Change Logs

Coming very soon

Change Logs
Delight Belle v3.8
Read FAQ Provided with flashing files and then ask other questions.

220 MB in C drive.
Everything is in Core except Notification APIs i.e. means you have to flash everytime with UDA to get apps like Nokia Drops to work else after hard reset everything is working fine.
Nokia Store v3.20(50) added to CORE.
Nokia Social v1.03(237) removed. Get it from Downloads section.
Nokia Music Store removed. Get it from Downloads section.
Quickoffice and Adobe PDF Reader removed. Get them from Downloads section.
All new widgets will be there even after a hard reset including all old ones.
Domainsrv will be there even after a hard reset.
Nokia Maps registry files will be there even after a hard reset thus there won't be any Feature not supported error.
Belle default ringtones removed to get more space. Get them from Downloads section.
Edit option will be there in Gallery even after a hard reset, so does Nokia Maps synching files.
New Black Digital Clock Widget by Boroda.
Translucent Weather Widgets By Boroda.
Translucent Music Widgets By Boroda.
** I may have missed few changes yet which I will update in future as my PC is a mess right now and I can't find out what's where.

Merry Christmas to all Nokia N8 Lovers!

gsm arena just forgot to take the battery test of our beloved NOKIA N8... I urge them to post its battery test plz.

do all N8 have 3.5mm jack...i got one with another type of earphone output :S

Hi guys, one thing i want to share with you is to not be negligent with your phone. Our phone is made to work well. Any alterations in the software/firmware/program will be at your own risk. Kindly use only Nokia Recommended Applications. ie Symbian Belle. I believe this Symbian OS will be available soon for the N8, i'm just not sure why some of you has gotten it somewhere right at this moment. Remember that Non-Nokia Approved Applications may be harmful for your device, any problems that would arise will be at your own responsibility. Anyway, Enjoy the Season Everyone. *cheers*

Flashed to Belle Delight 3.7 and I have to say Im impressed. Fast and smooth. Funny thing is that when I plug into my pc via usb the device is not being recognized. Tried other pcs and cables but no result. Seems to be the phone. Dont know if it has anything to do with the update or not. Any suggestions please.

• Drakul

Gooood cellphone! Only glitch: too small virtual keyboard.

Ray Hipkiss, 24 Dec 2011@ crazy-fan Hello. I've been a busy with work so haven't... more@ray
ohh..keyy..thts alrit.. Bt m currently facing serious probs regrdng m fone...aftr rebootng (as u told) evrythng ws goin fine..bt thn suddenly strng thngs strtd happng..lik several apps were gettng downloaded on their own..whch i stoppd somehw...n also i ws able to insert graphic smileys..bt nw again m nt able to insert smileys..! Dnt knw y...!!
and as far as..i cn remembr...i hvnt done anythng except..clicking on d flash player..while watchng youtube videos...! N chnging m browser to opera..in settings...! I dnt experiment much wth m fone..
1. I hav lost all the wallpapers..thz were n d fone itself..!
2. Apps..r gettng downloaded automatically...!
3. Now..i m nt been able to enter youtube..tht is n d fone...evrytym i try it says ...invalid user..smthng lik tht...!

So plz help me bro...plzz...advice me.. wht shud i do to fix d above issues...?? : S

• Ray Hipkiss

UDEME, 24 Dec 2011my N8 flash light shows red when am videoing at night which make... more@ UDEME

There isn't anything you can do about that I'm afraid. That red light is to assist with focusing. The light can't be disabled.

Ray

Hi N8 users... I just wanna know the current price of N8 and One 5 months old N8 is there for in much can i purchase that One..?? Please reply soon because i wanna buy this phone.:) waiting for your valuable reply soon.

• UDEME

my N8 flash light shows red when am videoing at night which makes it dark.pls what should i do?.

i am using delight belle 3.p7 ! I put songs in music folder ! There is no option for refreshing the library in music player ! I ve restored my messages but still inbox is empty ! How to change Homescreen n menu background wallpaper ? Plz help !

• Ray Hipkiss

AnonD-616, 24 Dec 2011ray @ How is you ? Ray dear you used symbian and android , te... more
@ symbianfan.

Hello

Symbian, in my opinion, is a more advanced OS than Android but Android is easier to use (probably because it's less advanced).
The only thing that helps to sell Android is the very large amount of apps available from third party developers and that number is growing all the time.
Unfortunately, Symbian is losing third party support since Nokia announced Symbians' end by 2016. That being said, Belle is reported to be an excellent version of Symbian and has brought the OS in line with Android and iOS. The only thing is, there still aren't as many apps available for Symbian as there are for Android but that doesn't really bother me as such but it does bother others.

One of my favourite games on Android is Lets Golf 2 by Gameloft which has recently become available for the N8. I bought it from Nokia store for just £1 and was pleasantly surprised to find that it plays just as smooth as it does on my Galaxy S.

I reckon Symbian has still got some potential and a bit more life left in it yet.

All the best.

Ray

• Ray Hipkiss

AnonD-13159, 24 Dec 2011@Ray hey...where were you ?...a/w..first f all wish you a merry... more@ crazy-fan

Hello.

I've been a busy with work so haven't been able to visit for a bit.

I'm probably the wrong person to ask about social networking as I'm not much of a fan. However, I've had a bit of a mess around but I can't find a way to insert smilies in either browser so I gave up trying. Maybe someone else who uses social networking sites will be able to help.

All the best.

Ray.

@Ray
hey...where were you ?...a/w..first f all wish you a merry christmas n an advance happy New Year.. : ))
nw..cming to m prblm..whnevr i visit social networkng sites..thru fone's browser..i cn insert graphic smileys..bt whnevr i use opera browser..'m unable to insert graphic smileys..!! Plz help me bro..n tell me hw cn i fix dis prblm..?? : ((

Ray Hipkiss, 24 Dec 2011 @ Shouvik You do not need to install any anti-virus softw... moreray @
How is you ? Ray dear you used symbian and android , tell me which one is more friendly :) . And what you think about symbian belle ? Can symbian belle compare to android ?

AnonD-32727, 22 Dec 2011wich handset have SAR level 1.18?Iphone 4S