Nokia N8

Nokia N8

hii every1.....m goin to buy a phone and m confused bw N8 nd 701......pls help me out..

Most popular smartphones not to purchase

you won't find a Nokia phone listed here, no you won't

I don't think many persons know much about this phone everyone so much into android ,when i show then the features they are amazed & wanna get one too

AnonD-1782, 22 Oct 2011Thanks a lot Ray... I guess for the N8 , its best to use fresh m... more It's best to use the phone to format the memory card to ensure full compatibility.
Also, it's best to use the memory card for storing media files rather than installing apps. Use the onboard 16 GB storage for apps.

Ray

Ray Hipkiss, 22 Oct 2011@ malangnya To restore your apps you will need to put the m... moreThanks a lot Ray... I guess for the N8 , its best to use fresh memory card or reformatted memory card .

Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also k... morehi, suhanoo u have given a unbiased comparision. Great job.
I would like to add something more.

1.N8 battery far far far exceeds S2.

U have the Fun of S2 when u see it with more than 50% brightness and Live Wallpapers switched on. BUT U CANT NJOY THE SAME BECOZ U WILL BE ALWAYS IN A HURRY TO SAVE UR BATTERY.

2.Wining factor of S2 is its BEST screen and VIDEO SUPPORT which plays EVERYTHING, N8 can't.

3.U pay 200$ more, than N8, to get all these features.

4.in case of Video recording I will differ from u , IF U OBSERVE the Videos in PC then 720p of N8 looks more lively and crisp than 1080p of S2.

N8 - a portable reliable SMART-DEVICE.
Keep N8ing...

• Idris

New update has been released by Nokia for Symbian Anna.So nokia has released a service pack for the Symbian Anna users.I have already downloaded.Try!!!!

• Natty ak

How much it wil cost me to upgrade my nokia n80 to symbian anna and how can i do it.pls friends help me,i need to upgrade my n8.

• raj

every thing is fine. but if music system is latest version no one beet N8.

• dan

check this: http://store.ovi.com/content/205196 (video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SajPeYMEzXw - check the drift @ 1:03)

Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also k... moreagree with u galaxy s2 is more like mini pc. n8 is better as a mobile phone that can get many job done in its own way.n8 is not better than s2, but n8 seems more useful to me.

• Ray Hipkiss

AnonD-616, 22 Oct 2011hey men you rocks :-) . great reviews , but you forget something... more
@ symbian fan

Obviously, the S2 is far superior in the games department thanks to it's faster processor, more RAM and superior GPU.
You don't need to be asking what the quality is like, just look at the specs.

@ Suhanoo.

As you may be aware I also own a Samsung Galaxy S (not the S II).
One of the first things I did with my Galaxy S was to root it. This allowed me to install an ad blocking app from the market, so all those free, ad supported apps can be used without the annoyance of adverts. To root your S2 visit the following page;

For anything else you may need to know sign up at the XDA developers site

Also, what I did to have my own custom ring tones and message tones was to create separate folders called Notifications (for messages) and Ringtones (for ring tones) and put my custom tones in the respective folder. They will then appear in the list when you want to change ring tones or message tones. No need for a third party app.

All the best.

Ray

Fair & wise comment, I love N8 for phone, music and Camera(still & video) and I prefer use N900 as micro PC.

Cheers,
agus~
~smokersdieyounger~

Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also k... morehey men you rocks :-) . great reviews , but you forget something how about multitaking ? how about games quailty ? how about voip calls quailty ? thanks men :-)

• Sun

Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also k... moreThank you for your detailed and fair comparance between the 2 phones...N8 is far from being the best on the market,but it's certainly good enough...I'm buying one!

• Ray Hipkiss

AnonD-27235, 22 Oct 2011how do i turn on my n8, the charging signal shows on the screen ... more@ arnoldstructures

Did the phone run out of charge completely? You may need to wait a few hours to give it chance to charge up enough before you can switch it back on.

• Ray Hipkiss

AnonD-1782, 22 Oct 2011Hi Ray or anyone who can help me.. i dont own N8 yet... still... more@ malangnya

To restore your apps you will need to put the memory card back in and then run the restore again.
If your thinking of being able to transfer your apps from the 5800XM to your N8 (when you get it) then no, it won't work. You will have to install each app individually on the N8. Be aware that most of the apps for the 5800 XM will be compatible but some won't.

All the best.

Ray

Ray Hipkiss, 21 Oct 2011@ pek Removing those two files will not affect the performan... moreHi Ray or anyone who can help me..

i dont own N8 yet... still using5800xm but perhaps you can help me...
Lets say ...I've backed up my phone with its memory card inside. Then I hardreset my phone without the memory inside and then restore back the f/w WITHOUT the memory inside. any idea what will happen to my apps?

Thanks a lot for your reply..

• Computerized Cobra

Suhanoo, 22 Oct 2011I have been using Samsung Galaxy S2 from last 5 days. You also k... moreVery detailed analysis of both units Suhanoo, well done. I am a recent owner of the N8 and can I say, "I have no regrets." My actual dream phone was the E7 however, I don't have all of the financial restores to get it and besides that, although N8 is lacking a physical keyboard (which I absolutely love) the advantages of having a FM Radio Transmitter, a SD Micro Card slot & a 12MP camera makes me quite a happy camper for now... cheers, long live Nokia... still the best in my opinion. Manufacturers of phones that suit your lifestyle and not to mention durable! I have a Nokia 2600, it has been dropped too many times to remember, the shell is battered and it have fallen in water twice and still refuses to die! Even though the microphone doesn't work any more, everything else works fine, I love my Nokia.