Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• Ray Hipkiss

For anybody who has a defective AMOLED screen ( half purple analogue screensaver clock ).

Nokia are aware of the fault and have issued a service bulletin to all Nokia care centers ( NCC ). New, defect free screens are starting to arrive now, so you can take your N8 to an NCC and ask them if they have the new screens in yet, and get yours replaced. If they deny any knowledge of the purple screen fault, inform them that a service bulletin was sent out detailing the fault and solution, ( replacing the screen ).

All the best.

Ray

• tkmriyas

hi friends.. i want to buy new n8 can you tell me how better this phone and uae price all so.

• x10 user

they must release an upgrade version of this phone with 1Ghz. processor 12 MP cam, HD video , stable OS, 4 inch screen .... might be better !

• santh

arquin, 19 Apr 2011hi guys. i'm planning to buy a new phone but i'm having a hard t... morego for n8.advantages./:camera,usb on the go,hdmi output,fm transmitter,best gps service :free lifetime service,symbian3 is better over bada.
adv of wave1 over n8 = better screen.faster processor.solid and beautiful excellent body design.

• jamal

2 months ago i bought it , i take it to repair today.!

• jamal

Unlike its expensive price,it isn`t so valuable phone. Ibought one 2 mounths ago but recently take it to repair.

AnonD-4644, 21 Apr 2011Heyy.... than gitty, even i have seen that purple screen problem... moreif u ve purplish red problem then u should go to nokia care ! May be they can help u ! They ll replace it ! If they replace it with another defective screen,then I ll say,u should sell the phone !

Mobi consultant, 21 Apr 2011@hbk00,go to nokia care dude. They will fix it. may be, cos my f... morehi man ,u r wrong ! My 1st n8 bought on 28 oct. Had restarting problem,I got a replacement on 1 dec. It was dead on 12dec,on 16january I got orange n8 it is good but purplish red screen problem ! If u ve perfect n8 then be happy,dont say that i am spamming ! I ve used 3 n8s,silver white n orange ! I am tired of visiting nokia care,my friend rdca said that may be pr 2.0 can fix it ! I am waiting for that ,ok be happy !

• Mobi consultant

AnonD-4644, 21 Apr 2011Heyy.... than gitty, even i have seen that purple screen problem... more@hbk00,go to nokia care dude. They will fix it. may be, cos my frd iphone got signal probs, but apple care can't do anything, I bet nokia care will repair if you really have the phone.you won't cry here by spamming like gitty and garry like and lying they have n8 with defetive screen for five or six months, which is totally ridiculos, who would keep defetive phone for dat long, or juz keep changing name, and keep spamming.

• mobi comsultant

Sun , 21 Apr 2011Hi NUWAN how are you, Im using n8 since 6 months since last one... moreSend to nokia care, they will fix your phone, I got d same problem with desires hd too, and also purple tint issues which is really annoying.after i sent it to htc carefully, they repair it.

• mars3300

hi guys! can u kindly email me at mars3300@yahoo.com and send as attachment the folder that we can download to be able to get 6 homescreens. thanks in advance. tried to download the file but megaupload is having issues.

AnonD-2665, 19 Apr 2011hanging /power failure problem was there in 1st batch,itz nt the... moreHeyy.... than gitty, even i have seen that purple screen problem does exist in the N8,so whts da solution for that? how do we get to know? what to do after we buy the phone& it has a purple tint defect?

• i like n8

AnonD-4989, 20 Apr 2011My friend has a iphone 4 today first drop and it broken the case... morei believe u!
i used iphone 4 three months ago.
after i bought it and it drop on the floor and broken the back cover then i brought it to the shop to repair but i was told the back case was not keep in stock for repair, but they can exchange one to one so i have a new one.
after one week later the craze phone burned during battery charging. do u belive me.
then i use nokia n8.

• Sun

Hi NUWAN how are you,
Im using n8 since 6 months since last one month im expericing one problem which is killing me : wheneveer i make call ten out of five call while talking speaker gets on automatically i tried whataever i can but its frustrating me a lot can you help me out of this ......thanks in advance.

• Shirin

currently using Nokia N8....really want to ay that calssic handset mase by Nokia..smooth & classic touch

• brave heart

in fact i have bought the n8 phone for two reasons first one is the 12mb camera which i found it good and the second is GPS but i noticed that it doesn't give me the altitude it just give me the north and east and also it doesn't connect with the satilites so if i'm out of covverage area I can't use the GPS which means that the gps is useless because the use of gps is always in the far places where ther is not coverage area so i think that it might be because I don't know the enough information yet but if this issue is true I don't recommend to buy it

• sammi giggs

arquin, 19 Apr 2011hi guys. i'm planning to buy a new phone but i'm having a hard t... morehey arquin, I have both phones, even thou the wave is a nice xperience and a wonderful screen, it does not add up to the N8, I just bought the N* and it is awesome, sumsung have stopped the wave1 since the screen is too xpensive for them, for most regions, they only have 1 update, the bada1.02, the phone hangs often and you have to get the battery out to restart. its a btful piece of hardware,good battery if you are not aan internet buff but it dont compare to the Nokia N8. as for the N8, well am still discovering the beaty of this animal and eagerly awaiting the symbian anna update, best thing about Nokia is the user friendly interface and you can update over the air, another plus for the N8, you can use your flash disc to transfer music files, photos and even softwares to your device on the go without using a computer, and not to mention the awesome photos it takes, plus HDMI, need I say more..

• Pady

I like the Screen becoz it Touch Screen

My friend has a iphone 4 today first drop and it broken the case behind.
all the iphone4 users try this if you dont belive my comment.

• Nokia...

AnonD-4989, 19 Apr 2011After read same stupid things about N8 (hanging) etc etc... 6 ... moreI agree....
People don't know how to use Symbian proplerly and they want easy and childish iPhones...
My N8 works very smooth and fast...
Never have any problems with it...
And in overall specs Nokia N8 is better than iPhone 4 easily!