Nokia N8

Nokia N8

Is there any way to transfer all the SMS (including those in the sub folders under 'my folders' area) from N8 to Samsung N7100?.

• hari

at the time n8 was rocking and dancing my phone was c5 03 and due to my tight budget i forgot n8.now iam in a position to buy n8 but it is not available!i know lumia 720 can never replace it but...

• hari

Anonymous, 22 Sep 2013I always record videos in mass memory only. & stil the probl... moreProbably not, I thought the issue might be with the memory card but clearly it isn't. Did you try to record a video with some other app like CameraPro? You can find it on the internet just to try and see if the problem is still there. I really hope someone knows what's the matter here...

Trblmkr, 21 Sep 2013Hey guys, what are those files in phone memory named hxthumbna... moreI have them too, and my phone is clean from garbage. I think it means that they should not be deleted because the phone or some apps need them.

MdN, 22 Sep 2013That's weird, even on google there's nothing about it. Is it the... moreI always record videos in mass memory only. & stil the problem is arising. Just now i have around 62 mb in phone memory & 6.5 gb in mass memory. Is it something that i have to keep a specific amount of free space for smooth working of camera ??

Can anyone saybhownto transfer all the SMS from Nokia N8 to Samsung galaxy N7100?.

I have tried nokia2android, sms backup and restore android app and WONDERSHARE MOBILE TRANS. It is successfully transferring. But not all the sms in the sub folders inside my folders in N8. Any solution?.

shona, 22 Sep 2013My nokia N8 is short of phone memory.It has 10GB mass memory.Bt ... moreDid you try the advice from this page?
www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/14682_How_­to_Get_disk_space_back_on_.php
Maybe it helps... If not, I guess you will have to hack your phone and run the Mobile Cleaner app, or try cleaning junk with Netqin (see the comments below)... Or reinstall the software as a last resort.

Anonymous, 21 Sep 2013whenever i record videos from N8, most of the times, the audio &... moreThat's weird, even on google there's nothing about it. Is it the same when you record video to mass memory or memory card?

• Fayaz Ahmed

N8 very nice Mobile nokia is the best mobile company from all others ....

• shona

My nokia N8 is short of phone memory.It has 10GB mass memory.Bt only 5MB phone memiry is left.So I can't operate some applications.How can i get over it?

MdN, 21 Sep 2013Well done. :-) Scan your PC just in case you picked something up... moreAha! Finally got the link at the bottom to go to the site after umpteen attempts! It would start downloading then stop before the page comes up. It finally opened to NetQin Web Page. On the page, there is a description of “Symbian Virus” among other things (including links to android, iphone & other viruses).
Name: s.expense.ClearLog.b
Found date: 2013-07-22
Tracking: download: from internet ;-)
Major risk: Fee consume
Warning level:

Then there is a description of how it affects your phone (which you gave). I’m not clear on: “Meanwhile the applications are fail to uninstall which leads to mobile risks”. Viruses are rogue applications? I never thought of them in that light. Then there is a link to: “Download latest antivirus software to get your phone protected now”. I tried to download it but nothing happened and the page disappeared. It may be easier to get it on the PC. So now, it looks self-explanatory. It looks more like, “Danger, pothole ahead.”

“Scan the PC” – well unfortunately, that is all it is doing. Scanning itself alone :-/. There is no option to scan any device like the N8. I gave it a full scan and thankfully, it is clear. Most important, the PC is once again “protected” with Windows Defender (which was what had refused to come back on). I was wondering, if I attach the N8 and give the PC another full scan, maybe it will scan the phone too, as it is attached to the PC. You think it is worth a try? Well, the PC has only the security that it came with, which is Microsoft Security Essentials. Maybe I should install some other security system as well – like Avira that you mentioned or McAfee (if there is any free version :-).

This week, I’ll definitely have to go and get a pre-paid debit card to get stuff on line for my N8. The first thing I’ll buy is that YouTube Downloader Pro by KM Software. But honestly, I like to watch the scenes of the You tube downloads. The reproduction is so GREAT on the N8 screen. You know my favourite song? Well I found it with a lovely sunset beach scene and I find it so soothing. Then You raise me up by Celtic Woman (should be women) has really fabulous background colours that look fantastic on the N8 screen too. Only Robin Mark’s Revival is real drab, but the lyrics so reflect society and he sings so powerfully. Yeah, I real like his voice :-)! Have to look for some more – lots more because I’ve gotten greedy now. I’ll top them off with one of your black metal samples but I’ve a feeling I’ll have to wring your arm for that :-D. I solved my guitar string problem. I used nylon fishing line for the 2nd string and took off the 4th from my old guitar. I’m sure it will pop tomorrow, but I’m hoping it will hold out for the hour. And I use a pick, not my finger nails :-D. All we need is a lively strum because we are a rhythmic people. You can take the deadest song and put a lively beat and everybody is happy – and that is what counts. Hope you enjoyed your walk and rest.

whenever i record videos from N8, most of the times, the audio & video are not in sync, means there's a gap between video & audio for 1 or 2 seconds. Its happening very often. Any1 having same problem ?? How to fix this ??

Anonymous, 21 Sep 2013Where there is a will, there is a way. And my, my! What determin... moreWell done. :-) Scan your PC just in case you picked something up.

No idea why you'd get that alert, but are you offered an action to choose? Like, delete, block, quarantine, anything in the options or after a long press? I never tried NetQin so I'm not familiar with it.

Ah, nylon strings? Never really had those, I have normal strings on my acoustic. I don't like the idea of growing my nails to play classical guitar, and they are in the way when playing other instruments, especially bass, that one I play with my fingers.

You can download mp3 from YouTube only, without the video, too. You need an app called YouTube Downloader Pro by KM Software.

Off to rest, had a long walk with a friend and also had to fight off her kid as he wanted to play games on my N8 and couldn't stop bugging me about it. The first (and last!) time he tried playing he dropped it on the floor and after that, my N8 is a "no go area" for him. Just reminded me why I hate when people touch my things. :-/

• Trblmkr

Hey guys,
what are those files in phone memory named
hxthumbnail
& many more...?
Are they really needed??
What if i delete them??

• Troublemaker

Ehsan, 18 Sep 2013when I put it on charging it becomes warm. If I do it while net ... moreI know this case
it happens because of the charger
you must be using charger other than given with n8
dont use any nokia charger but given in n8 box
hope this will help

• Troublemaker

AnonD-188495, 20 Sep 2013I really see and feel that this is the best smartphone ever made... moreI feel you bro
amazing phone, amazing feature, amazing os
but they had to do that
android eats almost all their market share
it must be very hard for them
and one thing , windows also have awsomest UI, u should try it.

• Troublemaker

ani, 20 Sep 2013Hi, can someone help me with nokia stor, cause when i click lun... moreTry clicking on 'dinner'.
your device must support that feature.

MdN, 21 Sep 2013There's one Private folder on each drive and one on your memory ... moreWhere there is a will, there is a way. And my, my! What determination! I went back at the PC and lo and behold! I figured out the security business and I can scan for viruses again. Problem solved and a great weight off my shoulder. This is pure bliss!

MdN, 21 Sep 2013There's one Private folder on each drive and one on your memory ... moreOK. I went back into NetQin. When it opens up, it says, “Your phone is safe”.

Then I tap “scan” and select Full Virus Scan. So, I get a dual engine scan. It scans over 11,826 of God alone knows what! I see - Threats found: 0, throughout the entire process. At the end, a new screen comes up: No threats found, below which are a multitude of things in the phone which are given the all clear with 5 green stars each. So the scan shows nothing is amiss.

Now when I go into “Update virus DB”, there is a big green circle with a white tick in it (which I think is an all clear). There is a box to allow you to tap to update the DB. In the second half of the screen is the Security Alert with the information on the virus. Now how do I interpret that? Like, “Danger, pot hole ahead”? Or: “Hey! You’re already in the pothole!” Well, to find that virus (if it is there) is like finding a needle in a haystack. So, I don’t think I will even attempt it. 11,826 is a hugely intimidating figure. But the investigation was interesting. So, I am resting that and going back to the PC problem tomorrow. Funny that NetQin works smoothly on Anna and not on Belle. Your question is encouraging. Maybe NetQin does not offer to delete because there is nothing to delete? Dear God! I hope so! Please let it be so!!! No location is given either.

My PC is working on Windows 7. I don’t know what Anti-virus is on it. I just follow the instructions and go around in circles sometimes. But I know that the malware protection is “off” although I did not turn it off – and I can’t get it to go back on and as well, I can’t get it to scan. It keeps saying “Out of date”. I mean, the PC is working but I have some discomfort about it. Your guitar strings don’t pop because you are using steel, lucky you. I can’t use those on my classical guitar. At the moment, I have no replacements and I’ll have to buy a whole set just to get two strings. Dunno what will happen on Sun. Somebody bought a set of steel strings for me in error. Maybe I’ll just use the two – temporarily. Oh shucks! I don’t know why I even considered recording You Tube songs. Habit, I guess. They sound so GREAT as a video download, especially with headphones. Way to go for me now :-). I'll holler if I need help with the PC but I've had enough for now.