Nokia N8

Nokia N8

• bullzeye

Janus, 14 Jan 2011Well, smatphones are really dependant on the intenet. If you are... moreno you didn't mention the data bundle you got but 42 rand is a little.

i plan to use the phone as a modem or wifi connection at the hostel and like let the kids pay if they want to use the internet but the wifi i will get data as needed. i want to use the phone for internet searching for tasks and keeping up to date with all my sites

all the downloads would be on my home network with WLAN, got uncapped and would not download unless i really cant wait till the weekend.

i want to start on 110mb and my sms bundle, i also got that because i only sms and mxit. i almost never call anyone, i used to have a 120min call thing on my old contract and never used anything. lol

damn i cant wait for that phone damn

[deleted post]I thought silver, black and orange are the only available colors in the philippines? I asked my father to buy the blue one for me in UAE because nokia salespersons told me that the 3 colors are the only colors available in the Philippines.

• HT

rdca, 14 Jan 2011Im using my phone almost a month but now i encountered 1.)Scri... moreThird party apps,can u name them don't bluff inuts,cos I am even installing signed apps pf Spiderman Total Mayhem and Assasin Creed+ many other apps, and have no problem at all. LOL.... What a shame that I learnt that you are a loser and one word for you.Get A life.
If you really have N8 and really have a problem,name those apps,don't be a liar? prove us.

• rdca

sukrsa, 14 Jan 2011From last one week I am facing a peculiar problem. I am using “... moreIm using my phone almost a month
but now i encountered
1.)Script alert sorry uninstalled and reinstalled communites
2.) i downloaded HI application my screen always shown pop-up connection failed denied but HI application is close on my device its automatically open even offline widgets,
3.) i format my N8 using this code *#7730# phone memory,mass storage deleted,ovi store deleted,ovi maps deleted,social deleted,default widgets deleted,Qt app deleted. I tried reinstall firmware using ovi suite but all default setting on my n8 not return on my device.. So i call nokia careline advice me to go to nokia care to reflash my N8...

All 3rd party application has lot of buggs, my n8 now 100% deleted all files phone memory and mass storage only memory card not formatted,, my ovi maps,ovi store,social,default widgets deleted pop-up on my screen Error occur widgets deleted, due installation of 3rd party application, i will go nokia care nextweek for reflash my n8... i hope will fixed my n8... Note:Be careful For installation of 3rd party application...

• sukrsa

rdca, 14 Jan 2011same issue with me social networking script alert pleased uninst... moreI was facing same problem for social. So, I have reinstall phone software with help of OVI suit. After that also it was in same status. Then I format mass memory. Then social is starting to work. But photos are all broken. So, I uninstall social and reinstall it. Now it is ok.

• sukrsa

From last one week I am facing a peculiar problem.
I am using “Fring” in my N8 for last two months without any problem. Basically I use it for internet phone call through sip account (in my case it is “Jumblo”). Everything was fine.
Problem has been started when I change current sip account Jumblo and subscribed another Jumblo account. After that while calling neither other side not me can here the voice. But call is going and I can here the ring. I was thinking it may be problem of that particular jumblo account. So, I return to my previous jumblo account. With my great surprise I found the problem is still there. I have tried both Jumblo account from my notebook as well as through my N8 (help of Nimbuzz), they are working well.
I have uninstalled-reinstalled fring several times but that also not solve the problem. So, I have formatted phone mass memory, micro SD memory card (2GB) and reinstall phone software through OVI suit. Now practically nothing is there which I can do by my knowledge.
Even I have tried with new fring account, but same result. My fring version is 4.04 (13). Fring test call audio and video both are working.
Please help me with this problem.

• adkane

Anonymous, 14 Jan 2011dear in few days Nokia n8 again will be number one ... what is i... moreActually i'm kinda glad that the n8 is no longer in the spotlight. Think about it, there will be much less trolling and more helping.

Anonymous, 14 Jan 2011I noticed that N8 lost its first position in the "By daily ... moredear in few days Nokia n8 again will be number one ... what is is moto huh no one like buy America phones only dirty America peoples

pr 1.1 update has been released on navifirm. You can flash the update by phoenix

Normal nokia users will have to wait for a few more days until global update.

• N8 investigator

anonymous, 14 Jan 2011heyy guys im planning to buy this new nokia n8 and im wondering ... morePHILIPPINE PRICE for N8 is quite lower than other countries it's $454.00 or P20,00O...

• tapash

please assist the new apps update 1.0 i was downloading it but my freeze during downloading so when i want to install it again it did not it states no updates available but when going to update history it shows apps update 1.0 installation cancelled is where any other way for me to get that update installed i also try it thought ovi pc but also says up to date

GABRIEL, 14 Jan 2011I have a symbian ^3 phone, but I detected two problems: 1) the ... moreI have handy blacklist on n8 and used to have it on n82. It was never able to block calls without letting it ring for a split second. Blocking calls before your phone even rings would have to be done by your network provider.

On a different note, does anyone know where I can get screensavers for the N8? I have some really great themes but no screensavers...

Aaron, 14 Jan 2011Hello. I still have the preinstalled Ovi Maps 3.04. It seems to ... moreIm kinda late on this one. But before you upgrade your map version check to see if yours is one of the 74 countries supported in the new version. I live in the caribbean and 3.04 had a detailed map of my country. But when I installed new version of Ovi maps my country was not supported. Even worste, my old maps were deleted. I was devastated since the gps was one of my favourite features on my N8. I had to contact Nokia for a software to re-install 3.04. New version is nice though but does not support all countries supported by 3.04. Do your research first. Hope that helps.

• GABRIEL

I have a symbian ^3 phone, but I detected two problems:
1) the applications blacklist does not work corect. The phone ring once for 1 second, then it reject. Is disturbing, but also impractical.
2) unlike the old symbian, even if you hard reset your settings remain as: country and time. I wonder if it is possible that other things regarding privacy remain somewhere.

• Ray Hipkiss

haha, 14 Jan 2011nokia has to move fast in the fields of competition see guys pro... more@haha.

Google for the upcoming Nokia N9.
I think you'll agree, Nokia is not behind in development in any way.

Thanks.

Ray

• Mac

bulzeye, 14 Jan 2011i plan to download apps with my internet connection at home via ... moreHey bro. What network you on? MTN, Vodacom or cell c? Vodacom is (i think they still do) the cheapest so far. Purchase a 600mb bundle and get another 600 free. Cell c have the usb modem for R1500 for like 2gigs a month!

• Ray Hipkiss

Fool for phone, 14 Jan 2011if u like to take photos,it is better to use Sony Ericsson Satio... more@ Fool For Phone.

Why is it better to have the Satio to take pictures?
Please elaborate.

Thanks

Ray

• anonymous

heyy guys im planning to buy this new nokia n8 and im wondering how much will it cost in the philippines any1 who can help me??

• Fool for phone

Anonymous, 14 Jan 2011If you ask me, I'll go for N8. Because I really like taking pict... moreif u like to take photos,it is better to use Sony Ericsson Satio(Satio)

• bulzeye

Janus, 14 Jan 2011Well, smatphones are really dependant on the intenet. If you are... morei plan to download apps with my internet connection at home via WLAN ive got wireless router and uncapped, hopefully it works otherwise i will have to get a huge data bundle...i plan to use the phone at the hostel as a modem or a wifi hotspot, will then let people pay for internet.
maybe have like a 175mb bundle for R120?
or should i go for the month to month bundles?
i am also running on sms bundle becoz i sms alot and never call anyone. lol

you didnt mention that you have a 300mb data bundle, or i missed it.

i won't download unless its a emergency but i do all my downloads through my PC. ill use the data bundle for the phone OS updating facebook and weather etc etc. and then for the odd internet access for school tasks and keeping up to date on the content released etc. it wont be that heavy.

i think i should get like the data bundles and see what i should expect, i will start at 75mb with my sms bundle. and see how my airtime lasts

thanx for the help and info