Nokia N8

Nokia N8

[deleted post]Yes i bought my new nokia n8 on january in the box it showed its manufactured on december

HAWX HD now available on Gameloft and Ovistore.

• deep space bar

Janus, 14 Jan 2011Can anyone please tell me what is a 'split keypad' ? J.it's when you see the keyboard and you can still see the rest of the screen

if your texting
there is no new next box a keyboard just pops up and you can still see everything

• Dipto

[deleted post]yes my 2nd unit n the dark grey unit is of dec manufacture. buy it from priority

guys anyidea regarding the changelog of the upcoming update ?

• Janus

Can anyone please tell me what is a 'split keypad' ?

J.

• deep space bar

symbianusers.blogspo, 14 Jan 2011the firmware is not in any language but depends on the phone lan... morei hope so and i'm trying the update now well DLin it

• symbianusers.blogspo

deep space bar, 14 Jan 2011i'm waiting for it in english ........ not sure when that wil... morethe firmware is not in any language but depends on the phone language... And it is not a leak. It is for testing purpose. ota update may be inbound in 1-2 days.

• deep space bar

symbiausers.blogspot, 14 Jan 2011nokia n8 firmware pr 1.1 has been released and is available via ... morei'm waiting for it in english ........

not sure when that will happen but nokia shouldn't of let the firmware leak and available like this to the public

they need to tighten up their release dates....as in 1 or 2 days off the official date IF ONLY LATE as leeway

• Eni

hi guys, can anyone tell me is this phone got the problems of lagging when surfing internet?

• Janus

symbiausers.blogspot, 14 Jan 2011nokia n8 firmware pr 1.1 has been released and is available via ... moreI am just gonna wait for the official update...

• symbiausers.blogspot

nokia n8 firmware pr 1.1 has been released and is available via navifirm

• alvie the gwapo

this phone is really awesome!i bought this phone and i really like cant wait for the new firmware

Anonymous, 14 Jan 2011Any American phone kills this onePeople say any Korean and Taiwanese phones kill american phones. Don't be in the America Best mind set pal, America is good, I'm not telling america is bad, but there is a world outside america too.

• deep space bar

Anonymous, 14 Jan 2011Any American phone kills this oneand you'll believe them after they almost took out Afghanistan off world

and blamed some random guy they where paying for 9/11 .........i don't trust america at all

there all snakes specially the economy

• Janus

bullzeye, 14 Jan 2011how much airtime do you use in a month, excluding the calls etc ... moreI just checked the bundles, I suggest 100mb for basic use. Here is the link:

hxxp://www.mtn.co.za/FINDAPLAN/Pages/DataBun.asp­x

Copy to your browser and change the 'xx' with 'tt'.

him, 13 Jan 2011which update. Please tell me . For which country.is it availab... moreThere is an update called Apps Update 1.0. You can get it from SW Update, I hope it is up for all market. It wont show up in firmware update (*#0000#)and not what we were expecting and it is not the PR 1.1. My phone still says PR 1.0 after the Update. It may be a pre update for PR 1.1,it increases the stability and overall speed. Home screen switching speed has increased, Theme effect animations are snappier than before and the search is improved. It may contain some other bug fixes. Waiting for the PR 1.1..

• Janus

bullzeye, 14 Jan 2011how much airtime do you use in a month, excluding the calls etc ... moreWell, smatphones are really dependant on the intenet. If you are going to download songs and apps (remember you get 6 month unlimited downloads from ovi) and games especially is huge (around 80mb)then the more the merrier. But then again, its up to your own personal use..

Remember I told you that I have a 300mb bundle on? Well, my dear friends at mtn failled to include it in my contract, so what happend was that I only used airtime for about 4 to 5 days and I downloaded songs and weather app, I had about 3 outgoing calls (I sms more, but I have a bundle for that)and it used round about R42. Bundels are way cheeper..

I hope this helps and that you get your phone real quick!

I also got the three small updates as well, as I recall two were app related and the other new midnight themes..

• maruko

awesome phone with full multimedia capabilities. One of the most "superb" features is the usbtogo. Coonect to N8 pendrives and hard disks :) u can browse from the phone,take files and play them ^_^ It has also HDMI ,so u can connect to ur tv and enjoy movies at 720p ^_^ not bad right? There are a lot of applications not just the iphone but all the main applications exist like skype , swype ,etc ^_^ More and more updates make this phone even better. Now it is just released the PR 1.1 that rocks and soon we expect PR2.0 that will have +50 features and changes in OS and UI. Also it has Gorillas screen so u can relax with ur screen and dont expect to break every drop like iphone ^_^ These are the best features that made me buy this phone :) Absolutely happy to have it. Iphone is too fragile ,android os is too messy for now (in 1-2years itll dominate).If u like multimedia then this phone is a must ^_^

• bullzeye

Janus, 14 Jan 2011I am really glad that I have this phone, because its like the la... morehow much airtime do you use in a month, excluding the calls etc

and what data bundle do you rate i should get?
75mb? or more?

looking forward to my phone next weekend