Nokia N9

Nokia N9

Anonymous, 17 May 2012Do I need to use a screen protector for the screen? Please let m... moreno need for a screen guard because it has a guerilla glass and even if u want to give your n9 extra protection try avoiding leaving your fone anywhere in the lawn or just any rough surface and do not keep the fone with the screen facing down

u dont need a screen guard for this fone, i guess u dont even get one !! I tried for it in a few shops but they did not have it. Just dont put the fone on rough surfaces with the screen facing down and keep wiping it twice or thrice so that the smudges do not remain permanently on the screen :-)

Do I need to use a screen protector for the screen? Please let me know, I don't wanna scratch it soon.

AnonD-34077, 17 May 2012Yes there is a hope that PR 1.3 will boost N9. One more thing i... morewhy this two isn't work well together, for me just install the faster n9 and don't think that you have install that and just use the drop cache like usually.

AnonD-34077, 17 May 2012According to a blog at Nokia conversation N9 has the best recept... morewhat do you mean about the reception? can you give me the link to that article?

i little jealous with you, because you got the black one, my n9 is the cyan
i really suggest you to use the silicon, again you are lucky get the black one, because the silicon will not get dirty, not like my cyan that become dirty, but now i use capdase silicon, and it is very good silicon i think.
actually with and without silicon you can feel the different, for me i won't my phone to get scratch so i use the silicon.
it is up to you i think.
good luck to choose.
:D

Neon, 17 May 2012Hey its me again i was the anonymous asking about the truth on d... moreWow. Congrats man. Now you are one of us :D
I Personally don't like the silicon case. I think N9's original pouch which came with it its much better.
But I personally don't use any pouch. It does not give the feeling of holding N9. And also without pouch it looks much better.
Second thing which is just my thought and I'm not sure about that its right or wrong, I think N9 will get hotter in its original pouch when we use it a lot. Again its just my thought.
By the way N9's body is kind of scratch resistance. So, it'll not get a scratch so easily. In almost 7 months I didn't get a single scratch on mine. But you know its expensive so according to your use you must take care of it.

AnonD-26593, 17 May 2012my dear saquib, i have already installed faster n9, and drop cac... moreYes there is a hope that PR 1.3 will boost N9.
One more thing if you have both faster N9 and Drop cache in your device delete Drop cache and just use Faster N9. These two don't work very well together. Enjoy your journey and stay safe...

TORNADO, 17 May 2012Ch.seqib i'm from Nigeria. i have turned my developer mode on on... moreI think you should flash your device. You must deleted some files which should not be deleted

• Neon

Hey its me again i was the anonymous asking about the truth on double tapping.. I finally my n9 black thanx to miteka and ch.Saqib,and boy it wasnt cheap haha, i will post here my experience after few days of handling this beauty, the question is, is it better with silicon case on or without it? Its brand new i dont want to scratch it, but will it affect the swiping experience?

AnonD-34077, 17 May 2012The problem you are talking about it didn't come with OS. Its be... moremy dear saquib, i have already installed faster n9, and drop cache and got some improvement, but still i think there is a need of improvement, may be in PR1.3 I hope, btw i am travelling now from Goa(India) to Shirdi and using nokia maps Drive, and frankly speaking its an awesome experience and works precisely accurate...bravo Nokia

• TORNADO

AnonD-34077, 17 May 2012I don't know about the real football 2012 but 2011 got an update... moreCh.seqib i'm from Nigeria. i have turned my developer mode on once when i bought it newly, and it downloaded files worth of 2.2mb.buh i later turned it off and deleted those files it downloaded. later on i decided 2 overclock and hack ma n9, that was when these problems started. Pls what could be the solution to this?

AnonD-26593, 17 May 2012i am using my n9 since march12 with PR1.2, even i am facing prob... moreThe problem you are talking about it didn't come with OS. Its because of some app you've installed. And if you have used tweaks specially enlarging the image of caller and changing colour of incoming and outgoing calls, then its obvious that you feel some problem in receiving calls.
Some days ago I've shared the link to community app named Faster N9. Use it and you will not feel any lag at all

FaisaL, 17 May 2012Its a great phone with great user experience.i had once queried ... moreAccording to a blog at Nokia conversation N9 has the best reception at Nokia

AnonD-49560, 17 May 2012hey can u send me that guys email, the head of meego at nokia? ... moreAll these talk are fine by a friend of mine. He has Mr.Elop email. When he asked about something totally related to MeeGo then a reply came from the head of MeeGo at Nokia. So, if you mail anything it'll go to Elop. Send me you're email I'll give you that..

Anonymous, 17 May 2012Thanks miteka for the reply, but what i mean is that its not jus... morei am using my n9 since march12 with PR1.2, even i am facing problem while getting incoming call ie i can c only a telephone symbol blinking on the top right menu bar near the clock and no ringtone for about 5-6 seconds and then i get the callers name and id. This happens most of the time. Apart from this i feel the phone is bit slow in transition, but i think its may b because of some buggy app i must have installed which i cudnt trace out yet
overall the n9 is a masterpiece, very easy and addictive os and an awesome concept of swipe jestures and a true multitasker. I am looking for a white one for my wife too. Anybody???

AnonD-34077, 17 May 2012I'm waiting for a mail from Mr.Jyrki Rosenberg, head of MeeGo at... morehey
can u send me that guys email, the head of meego at nokia? I had a few queries to ask him
thanks and gud news, hd games are gonna be available in the next coming months!! The games which were there in the symbian nokia store!!! :-o

• FaisaL

Its a great phone with great user experience.i had once queried a person using Nokia N9 about the service and he told me that he has used an iPhone 4 also but he has found Nokia N9 better than that.and i would say,its really an attractive cell phone with very impressive and great OS..love my phonE ..

• popp

Best phone ever, it is simply beautiful. Small price for piece of history. Enjoy my friends.

AnonD-55104, 17 May 2012Trying to install nitdroid to my new n9 and the link to get the ... moreHi DAVE, here is the link to nitdroid latest alpha3# update, but don't expect much out of it, sense network conecting and camera is not functional at first, otherwise browsing internet is ok, youtube is good, but ics is lockt os depencies on google and throgh google instalation...well is good to play a bit, but Meego seem simply easier and better...good luck...!:)
forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=335.0