OnePlus 11 review
Introduction and specs
The OnePlus 11 this year comes without a Pro model, so the vanilla has a tough job carrying the weight of two devices. After all, it has to convince older OnePlus 9 users, for example, and those using the Pro. And it appears that the company was able to splice the two versions into one.
We see the OnePlus 11 as a strange mixture between the OnePlus 10 Pro and the OnePlus 10T from last year. Compared to the Pro, it has a couple of notable downgrades, but in the context of the 10T, it offers a substantial upgrade. For example, the OnePlus 11 is now equipped with a third-generation LTPO OLED display with support for Dolby Vision and a 120Hz refresh rate. It also bumps up the resolution to QHD+.
Of course, the latest and greatest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 is running all those pixels and is paired with up to 16GB of RAM. The camera department gets a solid upgrade too - 2x telephoto camera with a big 32MP sensor and the ultrawide is now 48MP with support for autofocus. Moreover, the 11 is now featuring the Hasselblad Color Calibration, which wasn't present in the 10T from last year. Oh, and the alert slider is back!
OnePlus 11 specs at a glance:
- Body: 163.1x74.1x8.5mm, 205g; Gorilla Glass Victus front, Gorilla Glass 5 back, metal frame; IP64 certification.
- Display: 6.70" LTPO3 AMOLED, 1B colors, 120Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits (HBM), 1300 nits (peak), 1440x3216px resolution, 20.1:9 aspect ratio, 525ppi; Always-on display.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8550 Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 (4 nm): Octa-core (1x3.2 GHz Cortex-X3 & 2x2.8 GHz Cortex-A715 & 2x2.8 GHz Cortex-A710 & 3x2.0 GHz Cortex-A510); Adreno 740.
- Memory:128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 256GB 16GB RAM, 512GB 16GB RAM; UFS 4.0.
- OS/Software: Android 13, OxygenOS 13 (International), ColorOS 13 (China).
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.8, 24mm, 1/1.56", 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS; Telephoto: 32 MP, f/2.0, 48mm, 1/1.56", PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Ultra wide angle: 48 MP, f/2.2, 1/2.0", 115˚, AF.
- Front camera: 16 MP, f/2.4,, 25mm, 1.0µm (wide).
- Video capture: Rear camera: 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, Auto HDR, gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS.
- Battery: 5000mAh; 100W wired, PD, 1-50% in 10 min, 1-100% in 25 min (advertised) - International, 80W wired, PD - USA.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); stereo speakers.
Wireless charging is off the menu this year, but we get 100W fast charging almost everywhere except in the US where it's 80W, which is nonetheless a welcome upgrade in both markets. It should fill up the battery from flat to full in just 25 minutes.
Other standout features include advanced cooling hardware, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos-tuned display and speakers, respectively. This should allow for immersive multimedia and gaming experience on the go. Of course, we put that to the test in the following pages, so make sure to stick around and find out whether this year's OnePlus phone is worth your hard-earned money.
Unboxing the OnePlus 11
The OnePlus 11 comes in a standard OnePlus-styled big, red box containing all the usual stuff like user manuals, USB-A to USB-C cable for charging and the appropriate 100W-rated charger. Interestingly enough, the OnePlus 10 Pro last year came with a USB-C to USB-C cable, but OnePlus said that due to users' feedback, they decided to switch back to USB-A as most sockets and PCs still have the older standard giving them more flexibility.
There's no protective case this time around. Only Chinese customers get an extra case.
- I am legend
- 12 Mar 2023
If Ford is manufactured in Europe for European market, will that make it an European car? Lol. Is the same case scenario here. Apple is assembling iPhones in China, because the labour force is cheaper there. The technology, process, etc. is Ame...
- Md Razib Sheikh
- 07 Mar 2023
OnePlus 11 is very nice
- 05 Mar 2023
Its on a 1 week sale here for 600usd for the 12/256. Part of me wants to buy it now, but i really wanted to get the s23+ or the ultra which is currently almost 1200 (12/256) which is a really good deal also.