OnePlus 8, 8 Pro receive Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 stable update
OnePlus released the Android 11 beta for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro back in June, and after four months, the company is now rolling out the stable build of Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 for its 2020 flagships.
OxygenOS 11 brings in a new design and is aimed at improving the overall experience of users on big screens. Additionally, it comes with an Always-on Ambient Display, five new themes for Zen Mode, and a custom time range feature for the Dark Mode.
Here's the complete changelog of Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro:
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Display
- Added Always-on Ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -"Widget" - "Settings" - Select the widget.
The OxygenOS 11 update is rolling out over the air to a limited number of users right now, and a broader rollout will commence in a few days if no major bugs are found. And once you receive the update, make sure your device has at least 3GB of storage and over 30% battery before installing it.
The OnePlus 8T arriving next week will run OxygenOS 11 out of the box, and OnePlus said that it will roll out the update for the OnePlus 6, 6T, 7, 7 Pro, 7T, 7T Pro and Nord in the future, but gave no timeline.
- 05 Nov 2020
The new update sucks the back button at the edge. And get the Google assistant out its so annoying as default. Wtf is wrong with OnePlus there is no inbuilt music app.
- 25 Oct 2020
I update oxygen 11 👎🏻 5G completely disappeared from my phone .. it never any longer .. and this is the dirtiest thing that happened to me .. The numbers are upside down .. there is no longer order and organization .. The waking up alarm never works...
- 23 Oct 2020
Oneplus supplies plenty of updates. Try another brand and see yourself.