Oppo F11 Pro review
Once a showcase of Oppo's selfie-centric tech, now the F-series has evolved into a fully-fledged mid-range lineup. And the new Oppo F11 Pro has a lot to show off starting with a notch-less edge-to-edge screen and a 48MP main camera, as well as a pop-up selfie camera and VOOC charging.
The F11 Pro, which is currently aimed at the Indian market, is an instant eye-catcher. It's not about selfies anymore. The F11 has a large 6.53" display free of any cutouts thanks to the pop-up selfie snapper. The front snapper can still impress, though, as it has a 16MP sensor capable of many tricks thanks to some advanced AI algorithms.
The hottest trend of the season - the 48MP main camera - is on the Oppo F11 Pro as well. It comes with a Quad-Bayer color filter, which means the pixels combine to produce impressive 12MP photos. The main camera has a 5MP helper for more accurate portraits, too.
The Helio P70, which is turning to be a popular choice lately, is at the heart of the Oppo F11 Pro and if our experience with the chipset is anything to go by, we should see some solid performance and excellent battery life. The latter will be aided by the phone's impressive 4,000mAh battery with 20W VOOC fast charging.
Oppo F11 Pro specs
- Body: Glass front, refined plastic back and sides, 190g
- Screen: 6.53" LTPS TFT 1,080 x 2,340 px resolution; 397 ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P70 (12nm) chipset: octa-core CPU (2x2.1 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A53); Mali-G72 MP3 @900MHz GPU.
- Memory: 4/6GB RAM, 64/128GB built-in storage, microSD slot support.
- OS: Color OS 6.0 on Android 9.0 Pie.
- Rear camera: 48MP f/1.8, 0.8Ám, 1/2", PDAF support, Quad-Bayer filter + 5MP depth sensor, LED flash; 1080p@30fps with EIS.
- Front camera: Pop-up 16MP f/2.0, HDR, 1080p video
- Battery: 4,000mAh, VOOC 3.0 20W (5V/4A).
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE Cat.7 download/ Cat.13 upload, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, GPS; Bluetooth 5.0 A2DP, LE, EDR, FM radio; microUSB 2.0.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader, motorized pop-up selfie camera.
The Oppo F11 Pro will impress with looks first and foremost - it has a double-gradient back, and it sure looks impressive. It could be enough to forgive the dated microUSB port and the lack of 4K video recording, but the jury is still out on that.
Unboxing the Oppo F11 Pro
The Oppo F11 Pro isn't exactly a budget smartphone, and you can tell by its well rounded retail bundle. The F11 box contains a 20W VOOC charger, the proprietary microUSB cable needed for the VOOC to work, and even a pair of EarPods-like headphones.
And that's not all. Each F11 arrives with a pre-applied screen protector and comes with a pop-up-cam-friendly plastic case inside the box.
Im satisfied with F11 Pro, fast charging and good camera. Cant wait to have also RENO
- 14 Jul 2019
- Terminal 69
Oppo has locked down the bootloader of their new devices from somewhere between 2018 and 2019. I can't root or install TWRP. Can anyone help out on this problem? I will be testing any method suggested. (if this is wrong place to post, please someone ...
- 09 Jul 2019
since it has 2 sim cards can I have 2 WhatsApp accounts at the same time ? The Samsung note 9 has this option
- 09 Jun 2019