Realme 3

Realme 3

Haris, 06 Jul 2020After update Android 10 any problem with WiFi connect. Does... moreNo problem for me

• mr bulbul

I just bought realme 6i, my wife still uses her realme 3, the realme 3 has better night mode than 6i, what gives????

• Haris

After update Android 10 any problem with WiFi connect. Does anyone solve this problem?

I got june security patch c13 upadate in this morning everything seems fine accept update bug in play store, there is update for app but when i click on update nothing happen i even reset device but problem is still there please realme fix this issue

Anonymous, 01 Jul 2020NO! If you're on Android 9, do NOT directly install c.... moreThanks dude, whoops that was close cause I already downloaded the software.

• demi

don't download from the website they're most likely to be beta, just wait for the stable release, i got a realme 3 and it got updated to android 10(color os) a month ago and realme ui just today, if you have a realme 3 eventually it will come to you but if you have realme 1, 2, c1(don't know about 2019 edition) or u1, don't expect an android 10 update https://www.gizchina.com/2020/05/11/heres-when-realme-smartphones-will-receive-the-update-to-android-10/

Khan, 01 Jul 2020Thank you for your response. Today i observed that battery ... moreThat's great!!
Thanks for keeping us informed!

Jun, 01 Jul 2020Guys is it okay to update my phone through the update in th... moreNO! If you're on Android 9, do NOT directly install c.13 update! You risk hard bricking the phone because c.13 is based on Android 10, not Android 9. A guy on Telegram actually did this & he had to take it to service center to reflash software.

I'm not expert on the topic, but I think you should start with flashing original Android 10 update. Better confirm it first on Realme 3 Telegram group first.

• Jun

Guys is it okay to update my phone through the update in their realme website (software update page)?
I cant access the update through my phone software update. It says that my phone is up to date to colorOS 6

• Khan

Anonymous, 30 Jun 2020C.13 update does cover some of your complaints. Hope it fix... moreThank you for your response. Today i observed that battery backup has been improved with c.13 after full charge i will get above 7 hours SOT with normal usage.i don't like games too much sometime i play asphalt 8 for couple of minutes but not more than 30 minutes. I think charging time is okay now. I can see almost in summer every phone got heated because of hot weather.. i will share my experience after using phone for next few days..

Security
● Android security patch: June, 2020

Application
● Added realme Link

System
● Optimized hanging issue in low memory state

Fingerprint
● Optimized fingerprint recognition speed

Touch
● Optimized touch failure issue in some scenarios during game
● Optimized the issue that no response while touching the edges and corners of the screen

Known issue fixed
● Optimized the sensitive issue of compass
● Optimized video scene brightness and color saturation
● Fixed the issue that without game dirac sound effect while entering some games

Realme321GO, 29 Jun 2020what I want , and am willing to pay money for , is to be a... moreThat is possible & no need to pay that much. A guy on Telegram who downgraded to ColorOS from Service Centre for only $8. His device was out of warranty. Some got it for free as well.

You should follow Realme 3 development groups on XDA & Telegram. You won't get help with that sort of thing on Gsmarena.
I'm in these Telegram groups:
@Realme_3
@Realme3updates

Khan, 30 Jun 2020With the reference to your comments i want to share my pers... moreC.13 update does cover some of your complaints. Hope it fixes your problem.

How long does it take to charge? It's normal to take between 2.5-3.5 hours to charge a 4230mAh battery from 0-100%, with a 10watt charger.

What sort of battery drain are you experiencing? Is it in idle, normal use or in heavy use?
I only lose 0-1% battery while I sleep ever since I bought this phone a year ago.
In PUBG, I lose 1-1.5% battery per TDM (roughly 5min).
In WhatsApp group video call, my battery went from 5% to 2% while my friend's Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 battery went from 15% to 5%.

But I keep my phone in good shape. I keep all background tasks/services I don't need disabled, like some scans, syncs, monitoring services, as well as some AI features of the phone. I also don't use Realme whatever account thing.
You can also use All in One Toolbox. Enable "Auto Boost at Screen on" from its settings & disable other options. Give it permission to run in background from Battery settings.

All phones heat up notably while charging or while using things like Hotspot & GPS/Location. The weather is getting hotter so it's normal to expect your device to be a little more warm than usual.
As long as it doesn't "throttle" due to heat (makes phone lag), it should be fine. You should try to keep unnecessary sensors off when they aren't in use.

• Khan

Anonymous, 26 Jun 2020So many fake reviews on a perfect phone. I had no real issu... moreWith the reference to your comments i want to share my personal experience regarding this phone. I bought this phone almost 8 months ago and i was truly and fully satisfied with this phone. I love everything about this phone but after update of realme UI it's demolished everything nowadays i am facing enormous issues including battery draining issue, heat up, takes too much time to fully charge, bottom screen touch not working. After updates several things had been improved but there are still something to be fix and improved.i wrote to realme several times,i wrote on different social web form and they also response me but still problem has not been fixed..i hope Realme room fix it soon. You were talking about battery backup as the same while mine battery back after update is maximum 6 hours .. i got an update of 11.c.13 last night i didn't use it now but i hope that something will be fixed...

Anonymous, 29 Jun 2020I could be wrong but it could be that it stores lock screen... morewhat I want , and am willing to pay money for , is to be able to REINSTALL the original realme OS that came installed on the phone when I first bought it in cebu city ~1 year ago . Can anyone do this for $50? It would improve my life SO MUCH ! Thx

I am prepared to root and void the warranty , because it would have roughly expired around this time and is absolutely worthless .

• Uzair

After update of android 10 charging speed very slow solve please.

Realme321GO, 29 Jun 2020even after factory reset from the recovery screen , it stil... moreI don't think there is anything else I can suggest.
I wish you best of luck!

Realme321GO, 29 Jun 2020even after factory reset from the recovery screen , it stil... moreI could be wrong but it could be that it stores lock screen password on Chip/BIOS level to avoid theft. I don't remember if I had to do give it nor not.

Don't buy devices with no service center in your country.
How can any brand help you when you can't even go to their service centers?
You'll have to find some way to get them to look at it. If you bought it through *official online retailer*, you should by able to claim warranty through them.
Your only other option is turning to developers for help (on Telegram/XDA), but that would require patience.

I don't think so. I only bought this phone after making sure it would last at least 3 years. It was the most durable phone in every way at the time - not sure how new phones compare to it.
Realme is more popular than Huawei, Vivo, Oppo, Nokia in budget to midrange, in my country. It has perhaps the best "quality-to-specs ratio" out of all brands, especially way better than Xiaomi when it comes to hardware problems. Huawei has better quality, but costs more as well.

• rajS

I am using this phone for eight months. phone has become slower after android 10 update and shutters are visiting every here n there. multitasking is impossible now. camera takes ages to open, click and save a picture. my 2 gb Samsung is better in RAM management than my 3 GB realme 3. I don't play any games on my phone but still find very difficult to use this phone. I am not going to buy a cheap Chinese phone anymore. I have learnt my lesson.

even after factory reset from the recovery screen , it still required my OLD lock screen password ... this means that this reset was very superficial ... is there a deeper reset that I can do ? I did Format Data , AND I did Wipe Data (keep contacts, SMS, photos)

I did BOTH and still not getting any results ... and the only service centers are in the philippines , where I am not !

your other comments are irrelevant -- realme has WAY LESS SALES than the other companies , so of course their defect rate will be lower , but also their level of accountability is lower because it's more difficult to rally up an outcry when things go wrong ... so much of their client base is in india , where everything is different !