Realme C15 hands-on review
Realme's "C" lineup is all about making the best-value, lowest-cost proposition to its users. That's a process that generally requires a lot of research and small variations and alterations in specs sheets across similar, yet slightly different models. In essence - an iterative process of zoning-in on the exact desires of as many prospective buyers as possible. Along with ongoing improvements in yields and cost optimizations in various other ways.
The Realme C15 is the perfect representation of this process. It is a device very similar to the Realme C3, which is now a few months old and you can read a review on here and nearly identical to the Realme C11, which only came out about a month ago. And even more so the C12, which came out a couple of weeks after it.
- Body: 164.5x75.9x9.8mm, 209g; plastic body and frame; Colors: Marine Blue, Seagull Silver.
- Display: 6.50" IPS LCD, 720x1600px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 270ppi; Corning Gorilla Glass.
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio G35 (12 nm): Octa-core 2.3 GHz Cortex-A53; PowerVR GE8320.
- Memory: 32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM; eMMC 5.1; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 10, realme UI 1.0.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 13 MP, f/2.2, (wide), PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.3, 119-degree (ultrawide); 2 MP B/W, f/2.4; 2 MP, f/2.4; LED flash, HDR, panorama.
- Front camera: 8 MP, f/2.0, (wide); HDR, panorama.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 6000mAh; Fast charging 18W.
- Misc: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, proximity, compass; FM radio.
Most of these devices are really meant to target the Indian market. Realme's current strategy on that end is to have a separate product proposition in all budget price segments from as few as 500INR apart. It's a good thing this isn't the case with the new Realme C11, C12, and C15.
As pricing currently stands, in India, you should be able to get the C11, C12, and C15 starting at INR7,499 (2GB/32GB), INR8,999 (3GB/32GB) and INR9,999 (3GB/32GB), respectively.
In any case, you can think of the Realme C15 as the upper tier of the C12. They have the same exterior and proportions and share the most of the same hardware, including the MediaTek Helio G35 chipset, alongside 3GB/32GB memory configuration, 6.5-inch LCD display, and 6000 mAh battery.Left to right: Realme C3, C11, C15
For the C15, Realme has also thrown-in an 8MP ultrawide camera on the back and swapped the selfie snapper with a higher-res 8MP unit. Also, it has 18W charging - up from 10W in the C12 and that about wraps up the upgrades.
The retail package for the Realme C15 is spartan, as expected, to keep costs down. There's a sim eject tool, USB cable, and a 18W(9V@2A) Quick Charge-capable charger so you can charge at the maximum supported speed. That's one place the price premium over the Realme C12 is going into. Oddly enough, the Realme's 10W and 18W chargers are pretty similar in size. We can only assume that they have artificially bumped-up the size of the 10W brick to reuse molding. That's one theory, at least.
You don't find a case or anything of the sort either. However, if used with care, the textured plastic back of the Realme C15 should hold up everyday use and abuse better than glass.
the 3 other camera are one for ultra wide angle cam and the 2 cam in other side is for macro lens you can use the effects in portrait mode and look at the end of the portrait mode effects.
- 12 Apr 2021
I bought this mobile on February 2021. This is worst piece which I used. Everytime it is hanged with the lot of storage is available. I already gave to service center. They reparing and given back. But still it's has same problem. It's took...
- 03 Apr 2021
I bought it today, I like it very much. Beautiful design, very good camera, 6000 may battery, at good price. Thumbs up Realme.
- 30 Mar 2021