Realme X50 Pro 5G review
Once a rare breed of smartphones, today the flagship killers are everywhere. And Realme is jumping on this proverbial bandwagon with one of the cheapest Snapdragon 865-equipped devices on the market - the Realme X50 Pro 5G.
OnePlus may have moved on to the premium class, but Realme is successfully filling the void and it does more than just answer the call of the need for speed. Indeed, the Realme X50 Pro is fast - it has access to the fastest of networks, fastest of processors, and even the fastest charging.
But it also impresses with a fluid 90Hz OLED HDR10+ screen, a flagship-grade quad-camera at the back, stereo speakers, and the new no-nonsense Realme UI based on Android 10.
The Realme X50 Pro actually gets its main camera from the X2 Pro model - a 64MP primary - but there is also a 12MP tele for 2x optical zoom, an 8MP ultrawide shooter, and a 2MP depth sensor. The selfie experience has received a nice overhaul with a 32MP primary accompanied by an 8MP ultrawide imager.
Realme's 65W SuperDart charging premieres with the X50 Pro and it promises a full charge in 35 mins. That's quite impressive and we suspect it will become a standard feature for the maker's upcoming top-tier offers. But Realme, it's not too late to change the name. Just saying!
Anyway, here is the full specs to get you started.
Realme X50 Pro 5G specs
- Body: Gorilla Glass 5 front and back, aluminum frame
- Screen: 6.44-inch AMOLED, 20:9, 1080p+, HDR10+, 90Hz refresh rate
- Rear camera: Primary 64MP Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1 Quad Bayer 1/1.72" sensor, 0.8µm, f/1.8 lens, PDAF; 119Â° ultrawide-angle 8MP camera with f/2.3 lens, PDAF, macro mode; 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.5 lens, PDAF, 2x optical and 5x hybrid zoom, PDAF; 2MP depth sensor; LED flash; 2160p@30fps video recording, EIS
- Front camera: Primary 32MP Quad Bayer 1/2.8" sensor, 0.8µm, f/2.5 lens; 105Â° ultrawide-angle 8MP camera with f/2.2 lens; 1080p video, EIS.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 865 5G: octa-core CPU (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 585 Gold & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 585 Gold & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 585 Silver), Adreno 650 GPU
- Memory: 6/8/12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128/256GB UFS 3.0 storage.
- OS: Android 10.0; Realme UI 1.0
- Battery: 4,200mAh, 65W SuperDart charge (incl. in the box), 20W VOOC 3.0 support
- Connectivity: 5G, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ax/ax, dual GPS, USB-C
- Colors: Rust Red, Moss Green
- Misc: Under-display optical fingerprint reader, stereo speakers
We'd really like to see proper ingress protection on a Realme, but we are not getting our hopes up. Still, the X50 Pro has the usual nano-coating over its internals, which supposedly makes it at least splash-proof.
Unboxing the Realme X50 Pro
We don't have the Realme X50 Pro retail box to pose for a picture, but we did receive its contents. So, every new Realme X50 Pro will come with the 65W SuperDart charger and a yellow USB-C cable that's enhanced to work with the 65W brick.
Realme is also shipping the phone with a soft silicone case and a factory-applied screen protector.
- Suresh A
Best phone with best price ...with all advance latest feature and future ready with Android upgrade.. currently I m using android 11 and realme UI 2.0
- 28 May 2021
Went with redmi poco x3 because screen is bigger I'm old geezer needing a bigger screen to read, not heavy since I pound hammers n lug jig saws and lumber every week. Fast charging, charge only next day I wake up with 26 percent unlike my iphone...
- 13 Feb 2021
So far, good for the price, let's see if it stays reliable on the long term.
- 31 Jan 2021