Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)

Samsung Galaxy A5 (2016)

carom333, 19 May 2016Samsung A5 or J7? A5 defiantly!!

• Jefferson

carom333, 19 May 2016Samsung A5 or J7? If you find good looks, better build quality, and a better screen then of course your going for the A5. The A5 is of course metal and very comfortable(As long as your good for a 5.2 inch phone) The J7 is of course friendlier to our pockets since it is lower in price and quality.
The A5 vs J7
-1920x1080p vs 1280x720p (The A5 has sharper and better screen resolution)
-The J7 has a 5.5 inch Screen while the A5 has a 5.2 inch Screen (BOTH SAMOLED)
Around same processor performance(Their both Octa core and judging by price range, should be nearly the same in performance.)
-Both LTE capable
-Both housing the same Camera (Front and Back)
-Both 16GB internal memory and capable of 128GB SD card support
-Both dual sim supported
-NFC supported by A5, Not supported in J7
-Fingerprint Sensor A5, none in the J7 (In my experience, the fingerprint sensor isn't really that usefull since the only thing you can use for it is security and payment wise, but over all it is one of the best fingerprint sensors I've used just not as fast as Flagships like S6 and S7, but ALOT FASTER THAN THE S5.)
-The J7 has a LARGER battery that is 3300 MAH while the A5 2900MAH.(Longer life in J7)
-The A5 has OTG support, not so sure with the J7(My apologizes)

So far, the j7 will be the best choice if your on a budget and want a bigger screen.If you want to look even cooler with all those extra accessories like fingerprint sensors and metal body build. Then the A5 if for you. Performance wise there isn't a big difference. Around 10% if you ask me(A5 is faster since it needs the power to run the 1080p screen). Gaming Experience in the A5 is in my opinion is Excellent. With that 1080p screen I can't ask anything better than a QHD like the S7(Too much for my pocket). Don't worry too much though. The J7 is still a good phone just not as good as the A5.
I apologize in advance if anything I have said here may contain a bit of flaw even miss a few details, but I assure you I researched well and have tested both phones personally.

AnonD-527695, 19 May 2016Yeah, but Z3's glass is known as very fragile... Maybe one of th... moreFragile wouldn't be my answer. Gorilla Glass 4 is one of the toughest glass out there, even tougher than the glass on the iphone 6. As long as you don't go hiking with the phone I wouldn't see any reason for it to break easily.

Anonymous, 19 May 2016Well , I have a history with glass phones. And my experience wit... morei'm not surprised- iphones are very sturdy, reliable and smooth phones too. but i like android, i can't see myself using IOS.

• Steven

I can only say this phone is worth at the build quality, for the specs , there are many phone better than this in this price range....

• carom333

Samsung A5 or J7?

Anonymous, 19 May 2016The A5 2016 also has that glass on glass with aluminum frame. So... moreYeah, but Z3's glass is known as very fragile... Maybe one of the worst if not worst glass back.

Is the A5 2016 very laggy? When browsing through homescreens, scrolling through feeds on facebook, when browsing??

AnonD-536500, 19 May 2016sure, both have glass as the main material but there's a certain... moreWell , I have a history with glass phones. And my experience with an iphone 4s is pretty much great. dropped it many times already without a case, still doesnt have cracks with only minor dents

Anonymous, 19 May 2016The A5 2016 also has that glass on glass with aluminum frame. So... moresure, both have glass as the main material but there's a certain feeling of confidence that the A56's CG4 gives you when you hold it that is just lacking in the Z3s tempered glass. the Z3 screams for various levels of protection when you hold it.
besides, Samsung phones (minus the inevitable AMOLED burn in) are usually very well built. Sony's Z series are famous for cracking easily and once you crack the screen, you can't use it.
i'm not a fan of Samsung, but the A56 really caught my attention.

• chill

Iphone 5s or samsung a5?

• Bony

Screen is extra sensitive. even the touch of earphone cable or cloth makes the screen work which is really frustrating. speaker is really bad.. overall its a no no phone.

AnonD-536500, 18 May 2016as far as specs go, the Z3 will surely smoke the A56. but (IMO) ... moreThe A5 2016 also has that glass on glass with aluminum frame. So im not sure how sturdier the a5 2016 is over the Z3.

• AnonD-331984

• trajko

If you want more functionalities and better software support, then Nexus 5x, but if you prefer elegant look of the phone, then A5 2016, which still is a great phone.

A5(2016) or nexus 5X which should i buy???

AnonD-331984, 18 May 2016Dude, I was referring to the S5 as an ugly phone not the Z3(that... moreas far as specs go, the Z3 will surely smoke the A56. but (IMO) the Z3 is just too fragile for life, and (fact) repairing it will cost you as much as buying a 5.5" chinese phone such as an Infinix or a Tecno would.

• kb

a5 (2016) or nexus 5x which should i buy??

manu, 18 May 2016Hi.. Thank you for your comment.. I also need to buy this phone.... morebe on the lookout for the A510FD version. the model number is indicated on one of the bottom corners of the box so remember to check before purchasing. this is also the version that supports both 2 sims and an external card.

AnonD-477829, 18 May 2016How to remove simcard logo at the top beside the signal sign? My... moreBuy prepaid sim and put that in second sim-slot. I haven't heard of any other solution.