Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018)

Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018)

• tony

Samsung,please add a color LED message diode.
in the 2017 series There is not ,much I miss

In comparison with the S8: (presuming that the leaked geekbench score is right)

The single core speed is less by 25-27%
The multi core speed is less by 35-37%

Of course, a phone is not just about benchmark speeds, but it still will come out with only a FHD+ panel, nougat and surely with a weaker camera than the current flagships. On the other hand, the rather big battery and the new chipset might be a good combination to have a good battery life.
It'll have a bezelless design and a 6 inch screen. But this is already a common thing nowadays.

Thus, with all bells and whistles this phone would be reasonably priced at about 420-440 pounds. However, I do not think that will happen; Samsung is used to pushing the prices up in each year.

• Guru

Plz add twin cam option and front led flash
and internal memory 64/128, ram 4/6

• ONYIBEST

this is my first time of posting on gsmarena on a phone that am really waiting for it's launch. please Samsung I would like this phone to have 4000mah battery capacity and launch this phone at least before December ending

• 0804

Anon12345, 18 Oct 2017AFAIK there is no detailed info on E7885 yet. If we comp... moreThanks for your reply again, this is so much useful in details!
Yup, A9 pro 2016 did not come with water dust resistance, let's see the next A series in 2018! :)

• Anon12345

0804, 18 Oct 2017Thanks for the info, wonder how is Snapdragon 652 compare w... moreAFAIK there is no detailed info on E7885 yet.

If we compare SD652 to E7880(A5/A7 2017);

- SD652 is about 15% better
(60k+ vs 70k+ Antutu 6 Score)
(IMO better for games, if its what concerns you)

I bet E7885 with the smaller chip (10nm vs 14nm E7880)
will have 10%-15% better battery life
And 10%-15% better performance
(Most brands always do this with new SoC, smaller yet improved performance and power efficiency)

Which will bring E7885 to the same level as SD652 on A9 Pro 2016
But with (imo) comparable battery life and less heating.
(I know its 3000ish mAh vs 5000 mAh, but imo E7885 with 10nm SoC will have better efficiency compared to 28nm SoC SD652)

also dont forget that A5/A7 2017 comes with IP68 water/dust resistance and i predict the 2018 version will have them too. (Too good of a feature to get rid of)

• 0804

Anon12345, 18 Oct 2017Well, according to the image leaks i saw, both A5/A7 2018 w... moreThanks for the info, wonder how is Snapdragon 652 compare with Exynos 7885 ?
Any idea?

• Anon12345

0804, 18 Oct 2017Hope the new A5, A7 2018 have a good reason to switch my A9... moreWell, according to the image leaks i saw, both A5/A7 2018 will have 18:9 display ratio.
(A5 5.5" and A7 6.0" display size)

They moved the fingerprint scanner to the back of the phone, under the camera.

Looks really similar to LG G6.

Improved processor and ram.

• 0804

Hope the new A5, A7 2018 have a good reason to switch my A9 pro 2016, if no, will wait for next big thing!

They should just but the same powerful Exynos 8890 off the s7 instead of a midrange chipset, they did it with the A8 2016 last year with the same Exynos 7420 off the s6 and since there's no a8 2017 this year they should do it with the A7 2018

Bonji, 27 Sep 2017If No OIS this phone will make you irritated after about 1y... moreyou have about as much knowledge as a fly.

What about A8 2017? A8 2016 was announced last year in September, now we are in October and steel no leaks or rumours!!!

Bonji, 27 Sep 2017If No OIS this phone will make you irritated after about 1y... moreif your android is run like shit dont think others android will like that
my android device run perfectly for almost 2 years
and now samsung have upgraded theirs UI for smoother experience

• Bonji

If No OIS this phone will make you irritated after about 1yr of usage. All androids will have a lag after 1yr and camera without OIS means most photos will be blurry. Samsung just plays the megapixel game we are not robots to keep ourselves to steady to get non blurry images. Another miss in samsung phones are lack of aurofocus for selfie cameras. The user interface has issues and that has been notified multiple times and samsung dont care. Please dont look @ megapixel and buy this phone. Even dont believe those who say about in 1st year with that look @ those samsung phones like s6 7 8 etc those have ois etc and we use these cheaper phones freshly we feel that we get the same performance but as a user once i will tell that it will degrade very soon blurry images and little lag. Samsung Makes excellent Flag Ships but they dont care about the lower models.

• johny

the pic given above is just as formality for gsmarena the actual pic will be available when the release date shows up.

samsung galaxy a series 2018 lunch date till mr friends

• RASEL

I am eagarly waiting for A7 2018 with thr improvements of gorilla glass 5, Screen resolution 540 ppi, IR bluster, light weight, 4000 mah battery and good sound quality.

warras, 25 Aug 2017I wont buy this. I know im due for an upgrade in 2018. I pr... moreIt's too early to judge either way you look at it, it's only the rumored specs atm.

• warras

I wont buy this. I know im due for an upgrade in 2018. I preffer to buy something with android oreo

• BD

Will not be affordable i believe it is.