Samsung Galaxy J7 Max preview: A closer look
A closer look
The J7 Max is one of the latest models to join Samsung's budget J-series of devices. The J7 nomenclature means it is one of the more expensive models in this series, and the Max name is mostly regarding the size and battery capacity.
The J7 Max is one of Samsung's continued attempts to compete in the mid-range market against the onslaught of Chinese devices. While previous attempts weren't particularly impressive, perhaps this time the company has managed to get the price-to-performance ratio right. We're about to see.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Max key features:
- Display: 5.7-inch, 1920x1080, PLS TFT LCD, 386 PPI, scratch resistant glass
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6757 Helio P20, 4x 2.39GHz Cortex-A53 + 4x 1.69GHz Cortex-A53, Mali-T880 MP2 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 32GB expandable storage
- Rear Camera: 13 megapixel, f1.7, 1080p video, LED flash
- Front Camera: 13 megapixel, f1.9, 1080p video, LED flash
- Software: Android 7.0, Samsung Experience 8.1
- Battery: 3300mAh (sealed)
- Connectivity: Dual nano SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11n dual band, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS, headphone jack
- Misc: Fingerprint sensor, FM radio, notification LED ring around the camera
- Notification LED doesn't make much sense on the back
- Video camera maxes out at 1080p@30fps and there is no video stabilization
- No fast charging
With the competition in this segment heating up, the Galaxy J7 Max spec sheet certainly doesn't seem terribly exciting. But not everything shows up on the spec sheet. For the rest, we will have to take a closer look at the device.
- 12 Sep 2021
it is volte
- 22 Jul 2021
How I can order J7 Max
- 04 Feb 2021
How tp order LCD screen