Samsung Galaxy M51 review
7Ah. That's the battery capacity of the Samsung Galaxy M51 we have for you today. Sure, you can call that 7,000mAh (thanks, SI), but at such large and nicely round capacities, we might as well go for the fewer symbols and extra shock value.
There's not much else overly exciting in this Galaxy's specsheet, but there's not a whole lot missing either. A Snapdragon 730G chipset should bring decent performance without putting much strain on the battery, the 6.7-inch SuperAMOLED display is big and inky, and the 64MP camera is a notch above the mainstream 48MP units.
What is missing is a high refresh rate on that display, and 90Hz panels are now very common in the M51's price range, with the odd 120Hz panel showing up too. A telephoto camera would have been nice too, though teles aren't exactly mainstream in this segment. Nowhere to be found on the M51 is 5G support either.
Samsung Galaxy M51 specs at a glance:
- Body: 163.9x76.3x9.5mm, 213g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3+), plastic back, plastic frame.
- Display: 6.70" Super AMOLED Plus , 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 393ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM730 Snapdragon 730G (8 nm): Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Kryo 470 Gold & 6x1.8 GHz Kryo 470 Silver); Adreno 618.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 10, One UI 2.5.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.73", 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 12 MP, f/2.2, 123˚; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 5 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8", 0.8µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 7000mAh; Fast charging 25W, 100% in 115 min (advertised), Reverse wired charging.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); NFC; FM radio.
In fact, going over the above list, you may notice that the Galaxy M51 is not unlike the A71 as far as the numbers go - except, of course, the 7Ah number (the A71's battery stands at 4.5Ah). Another change is the relocation of the fingerprint sensor - the A71 has it underneath the display, the M51 gets a side-mounted solution.
The specs tell only half the story, though, and we'll be sure to see how they translate into real-world performance. But first, a look at the retail bundle.
Samsung Galaxy M51 unboxing
The Galaxy M51 arrives in a simple white cardboard box, but there is a glossy color print of the phone on top for a bit of extra pop.
Inside, Samsung's put in all of the important stuff - you get a charger, a USB-C cable, and a set of earbuds. The charger is the best they have right now, too - the 25W one that supports USB Power Delivery with PPS. What didn't make it in the box is some sort of protective case - we're more or less used to finding a basic transparent silicone one with phones in this segment.
Problem with kids voice. Check it in google.
- 03 Jun 2021
Device over heating When Gaming.
- 01 Jun 2021
yes it is i am m51 user
- 25 May 2021