Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8

BoyDamz, 28 Jan 2020Hate to say this but the LCD for this phone costs $150+. I ... moreIt's not an LCD but an OLED screen. That's why it costs so much. You could buy a used one for that price.

• BoyDamz

Prime, 27 Jan 2020Hey Guys!, Well I Know I'm on the S8 forum and I shouldn't ... moreSince you had s7 edge already, might as well skip s8 and go for s9/s10. no big difference from s8 vs s9. almost the same. s9 though, receives latest updates than s8,

• BoyDamz

Hate to say this but the LCD for this phone costs $150+. I did not imagine it is of the same value buying a mid range phone from other brands. Any options/suggestions for this? Samsung Centers will charge you about $200 or so.

Prime, 28 Jan 2020Hmmm, Actually I was also thinking the same thing as You st... moreI've tried a Samsung midrange (A50) and yes, it was horrible. Now I'm using a Xiaomi midrange (Redmi Note 8) and it's pretty good. It really depends on the manufacturer though.

If you keep your phone for a long time, an iPhone would be a better choice for you.

• scorpio

Prime, 27 Jan 2020Hey Guys!, Well I Know I'm on the S8 forum and I shouldn't ... moreI'm somewhat surprised that you have had both phones and still cannot make up your mind. I had an s8 which was excellent and now have an s10 which is incrementally better. My wife has an iPhone 11 and she is totally satisfied also so at the end of the day the decision rests with you.

• Prime

AnonD-908380, 28 Jan 2020The S8 doesn't have any support anymore. It will only get s... moreHmmm, Actually I was also thinking the same thing as You stated. I'm having S7 Edge right now, And It has no value compared to same generation iPhone. Well I think I'll move back On IOS, another reason is I've used Android for a long time and I actually also like iPhones alot. And one more thing I've experienced the Mid-ranged phones, buying Mid-range phones is the Worst decision of all time Dude...
By The Way, You're comment really helped Me!. Thank You!!

Prime, 27 Jan 2020Hey Guys!, Well I Know I'm on the S8 forum and I shouldn't ... moreThe S8 doesn't have any support anymore. It will only get security updates for a year or two, and Apple devices are incredibly anti-repair. Pick your poison I guess.

If you have no problems with iOS restrictions, then go for an iPhone. However, if you are not the most demanding user, go for a midrange Android phone. Flagships don't make any sense nowadays, mainly because of the ridiculous pricing.

Bought one second hand and had to have it fixed ,but it was well worth it. The phone is excellent. I used to hate Samsung (I had good reason to) but I'm glad they've made proper progress and used their position as market leaders to make good phones instead of becoming complacent (like Nokia did).

• Prime

Hey Guys!, Well I Know I'm on the S8 forum and I shouldn't ask this question here but, Can't make a Decision. *:-D
So Currently I'm owning S7 Edge, and I'm planning to upgrade in like 4 months or something.
I have no regrets with this Phone though, But I can't decide whether to Move On iPhone or buy The S8.
I'm planning of moving to iPhone as I've been also iPhone users long time ago.
Really can't decide, Can Someone help Me Here.
Thanks! :-)

Ahmed Taha, 22 Jan 2020does anyone using this phone without a screen protector te... moreWell, I have been using one since June 2017 without screen guard. Till date there is no visible deep scratch except for one on the bottom corner. If you're a rough user, then expect some scratches. Otherwise you shouldn't be much concerned in my opinion.

Excellent phone. Although battery drain is a problem, would recommend it.

Gambiana, 23 Jan 2020I like this phone but one problem I have in it is it's netw... moreThe Snapdragon version has the radio chip that can be activated.

• Gambiana

I like this phone but one problem I have in it is it's network mode, I don't know about other countries but in my country here (Gambia) when you don't set your network mode to 2G only, it's always a problem for you to make calls and for people to reach you. Please I would like you to do something about it, thanks.

And also I would prefer if Radio is in it.

• bananaface

Ahmed Taha, 22 Jan 2020does anyone using this phone without a screen protector te... morefor two years and its almost as new

I am using it without screen protector for 1.5 years. There is no problem with the screen, except constant finger and other prints

does anyone using this phone without a screen protector
tell us about your experience????

I got one for free recently, it's cracked on both sides but it works well, pretty similar to my Note 8 except small

• MS

Dex for pc is not working for me with my S8, can someone pl help me..! Thanks in advance.

enable touch sentivity ?

Any app for s8

Ifeoha Azikiwe, 21 Dec 2019My Samsung S8 cannot booth. It started and got freezed mi... moreTry press and hold power and upper volume keys for seconds. Then follow as you'll be instructed