Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8

• BOSTON_617

Abdullah, 24 Mar 2019Which colour is best?It depends on your taste for color.
I find the black (my choice) to resemble like the iphone 7 versions of the "Jet Black" (smudges are easier to spot and scratches as well). But the other colors are brighter and light on smudges. **Get a case/skin/screen protector because that phone is all glass be careful **

• scorpio

Star-Lord.be, 22 Mar 2019Same here sound is worse. Also double space when I type in betwe... moreI also get double spacing sometimes in the middle of a word. Thought it was my bad one finger typing or just thick fingers. Looks like others may have similar issues.

• Abdullah

Which colour is best?

Anonymous, 20 Mar 2019Does anyone got sound issue when update to android pie? After up... moreSame here sound is worse. Also double space when I type in between every word. A bit annoying. And for some reason I make much more mistakes when typing. They changed something on the keyboard, someone an idea? Is already on max size.

• Yoyoyo

Hello I wanted to ask something. I get new update few days ago and I saw some bad coments about new update and some problems that people have so i wonder what should I do update it or not? What is your experience is it good or is it better to stay with oreo?

Why I am not getting the good lock 2019 on my S8 plus One UI 1.0 Android version 9.0....
I tried it from apk mirror that also didn't helped..
Tried with vpn tooo....
Someone help plz

• MS

MA Rana, 21 Mar 2019I was using Autocall Recorder on my S8. After PIE, I am unable... moreYes even I am facing same issue, I tried different apps, some apps won't work at all, and some othe apps record only one aide conversation, i.e it records my voice only, it won't record oyher person's voice

I was using Autocall Recorder on my S8.
After PIE, I am unable to install the software.
Is there any solution to use Auto Call Recorder at version 9. (PIE)
Thanks

Does anyone got sound issue when update to android pie? After update to android pie, my s8 sound goes up and down intermitently every 5 second. It happen when i watch video, listening to music and youtube. Anyone face the same problem after update?

Badza, 19 Mar 2019ALWAYS do the reset after flashing new OS. And always do disch... moreWhy should you do what you have said? I know you said calibration but what exactly do you mean by that. I'm not doubting you, it's just that there is conflicting advise about what is best practice.

I know years ago, the advice was to let the battery drain and then recharge but I did that and was told "no dont do that its harmful to the type of battery used in the S8 to let it drain to 0%" ?

Would be grateful if you could clarify with sources to back up the claims if possible as this would be helpful to many people I would imagine. It's just very confusing.

By the way I have not done a factory reset after installing PIE and have not seen any issues. Some say the battery is worse, some say it's better and some say it's about the same.

• scorpio

Star-Lord.be, 18 Mar 2019I agree but some kind of protection on the screen is always welc... moreI guess there are some days when you just can't win. Shame.

For 1,5 year I still am proud owner of S8. And I'll be that little more time (maybe even a year). With Android Pie S8 got new breathe of life. It is still very comfortable one-handed gadget, with phenomenal display, great camera, fine sound, decent battery time, fast charging, waterproof, USB-c and still capable CPU with enough memory. New S10 is not worthy such money. It is no more than S8/9 with bigger display and smaller bezels.

• Badza

Anonymous, 18 Mar 2019I did a video loop test full screen brightness and full volume t... moreALWAYS do the reset after flashing new OS.
And always do discharge battery to 0% and then to 100%. Recalibration (resetting software meter actually).

• Badza

Zem, 18 Mar 2019Hye guys I went to is mi 8 is better than s+ by camera.....I rea... moreNo, Mi8 don't have better camera than S8.

Anonymous, 18 Mar 2019I did a video loop test full screen brightness and full volume t... moreThanks for sharing your findings. Really interesting results.

I did a video loop test full screen brightness and full volume through headphones got 9.5hrs. it does not matter about any other parameters because I did exactly the same test BUT after Pie update. I got 7hrs 15 minutes on Pie?

So I factory reset the device which was a pain signing into things and setting it all up (something I enjoyed in the past) and got 9.hrs 5 minutes on same parameter video loop test. I was always told to factory reset after major update and this may have proved true.I cannot give a valid reason why this happened or prove it but maybe could help other people.

scorpio, 18 Mar 2019In that case you should consider a decent folding cover to prote... moreI agree but some kind of protection on the screen is always welcome. I used some kind of protection like you said and one little pebble of sand came in between. Result was 3 big scratches on the glass. So be carefull with what is in your pockets.

• xhumdahil

Zem, 18 Mar 2019Hye guys I went to is mi 8 is better than s+ by camera.....I rea... moreI'd go for the Mi 8 if the price is the same. Newer SoC and supports 4k at 60fps

HI all,,
i have got my Samsung S8 update to Android PIE on 12th MArch 2019 in Lahore Pakistan, Now i am using and enjoying Pie Fetures

• scorpio

Jackyboi, 15 Mar 2019Oh, l see. Thanks sir. I put thick protector coz afraid when I d... moreIn that case you should consider a decent folding cover to protect your phone. Then you won't need a screen protector. Good luck.