Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8

• Olalekan Adewale Joh

Can I do trade in , I mean to give my phone back to Samsung Authorised Dealer in Exchange for a new model , Presently am Using Galaxy 8

• S

S, 26 Oct 2018Hi guys, one day at night, I turned on camera of my galaxy s8 an... moreAnyone? Is it due to OIS?

• SM

Hi all, pls solve my doubt, in my new galaxy s8, when I turned ON rear camera at night at dark, I observed that left bottom portion of screen looks like grains in old CRT TV, is it display refreshing? But it doesn't happen with front camera, if anyone observed same pls post here, thank you

• S

Hi guys, one day at night, I turned on camera of my galaxy s8 and I observed left bottom portion of screen looks like too much grains are raining. Is it normal, some one check camera of your phone at dark (night) and let me know pls, thanks in advance, I have exynos varient

Great phone: speed, stability and battery are great. I am only disappointed with screen that gone easily and very scratched using Clear view cover. Who doesn't believe can try this combination for himself.

Plegrand, 25 Oct 2018One year, now, i have my S8, good phone, good quality.... but , ... moreI got the super slow motion & AR emoji features in the camera with the Oct security patch update in the second week of this month. It's a great phone and I'll be keeping it for at least a year or so.

• scorpio

Plegrand, 25 Oct 2018One year, now, i have my S8, good phone, good quality.... but , ... moreThat's called cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• Plegrand

One year, now, i have my S8, good phone, good quality.... but , there's a but, i'm in canada, and the update are so slow.... because i have the american version snapdragon, i never receive the update for the camera ... slow motion and ar emoji.. very deceive by that... it is my first samsung phone, and it will be the last........... in january, i change, it will be pixel 3 or iphone xr..... sorry samsung........ your choice of two processors for the planet.... make me angry.....

Anonymous, 24 Oct 2018I hope it doesn't have battery issues because I heard the batter... moreI used my Galaxy S8+ on my first day back at work. And with my experience of battery saving tips I find myself still having 30% by 9pm using intermittent YouTube, news, weather, sync on, Google Maps, browsing (via Samsung browser), social media (except Facebook). So I still think it is just about above average. And I believe the phone itself optimises your usage and learns what you are using and doing to your phone.
I just wish the volume via headphones is a bit louder.

Anonymous, 24 Oct 2018I hope it doesn't have battery issues because I heard the batter... moreI've the S8 and there's nothing wrong with the battery, easily lasts upto a day with normal usage.

Gino76ph, 23 Oct 2018It has been less than 24 hours since I setup my phone and again ... moreI hope it doesn't have battery issues because I heard the battery management is very poor

Sam799, 23 Oct 2018Congrats, great choice. The S8+ is a great phone with big screen... moreIt has been less than 24 hours since I setup my phone and again so far i'm happy. I'm currently on Oreo 8.0.0 with Samsung Experience 9.0 w/ the September security patch. It would be better if the UI have some features such as:
1. Ability to edit the Google Search bar
2. Google Lens integration in the camera app.
3. a wide angle option in the camera app (I could not find one so far)
4. Google Chromecast support
5. Search function in the Settings could be a bit faster.
Other than that i'm fairly satisfied. I will now start saving for a Galaxy S9+ next year.

Gino76ph, 22 Oct 2018Got an S8+ today and so far i'm happy. Once the screen protector... moreCongrats, great choice. The S8+ is a great phone with big screen and bigger battery life, my cousin has one for almost a year now and it's still as good as new.

Sam799, 22 Oct 2018So true, Sony won't ever learn from their mistakes. I regret was... moreGot an S8+ today and so far i'm happy. Once the screen protectors are on and the protective case arrives i'll be bringing it on my first day back at work.
I know I will notice some things that may need improving and I will forward all of them to Samsung. And upon seeing what's in store for 2019 i.e. the Samsung Experience 10.0 things could and should only get better. I would rather see a UI that is fully optimised with features that are useful to us. Rather than a half-baked, poorly optimised OS,
Saying that, before I bought my S8+ I almost bought a Pixel 2 XL as it was discounted but still significantly more expensive than the S8+ deal. But I resisted and so far im happy with my baby.

Gino76ph, 21 Oct 2018I've had many Sony phones in the past (from the original Z1 all... moreSo true, Sony won't ever learn from their mistakes. I regret wasting my hard earned money on buying the XZ1, I could've saved it & got the S8/S9 much earlier but better late than never. So far I'm happy with my S8 after the Sony fiasco :-)

Sam799, 21 Oct 2018When it comes to camera I only trust Samsung flagships as they'v... moreI've had many Sony phones in the past (from the original Z1 all the way to the XZ) and Samsungs (from the original Galaxy S to the S5 Neo) to name a few. I've always favoured good/above average camera quality and I agree with you based on my own experience and the countless videos I've seen Sony never learn from complaints and critcisms of their phones. From poor low light, to lots of noise to zooming-in to slow shutter speeds you name it. I'm hope I'll be happy with an S8+ coz I just bought one on ebay. And as Samsung is currently doing a trade-in for their phones I may end up getting an S9 Plus either in these coming days or at least next few weeks. I appreciate all the help I get from here I do hope the Samsung community continue to be bigger and the developers to continue to give us a much more refined, useful, productivity-based, performance-driven, non battery hugging UX for us to truly enjoy.

Gino76ph, 20 Oct 2018At the moment i'm more inclined to get an S8/S8+ than the V30 co... moreWhen it comes to camera I only trust Samsung flagships as they've always been the best experience for me so far right from the S6 edge+, S7, Note FE, S7 edge and now the S8, all have been a beast in camera department, no need to switch to manual mode, change iso, white balance, nothing just open the camera and you're good to go. That's why I was really upset with the Sony XZ, XZ1 as they had really bad camera (specially in lowlight). I also have a 2015 J7 which is my secondary phone & is still in running condition. If you wanna buy the S8/S8+ go ahead as they're available at great prices right now.

Sam799, 20 Oct 2018Main reason I switched to the S8 from Sony XZ1 (which i sold for... moreAt the moment i'm more inclined to get an S8/S8+ than the V30 coz of the camera issues. And it would seem LG is much slower with updates as well.
BTW, I've cancelled my order for the V30 and awaiting a refund. In the next 24 hours I will be purchasing my very first Samsung device since the S5 Neo a few years ago.

Thoughts?

FullmetalJun, 20 Oct 2018The S8 also has average selfie camera even if it's 8mp. Don't w... moreWould probably rather have an "average" selfie cam (but improved via software updates) than a 5MP one with 480p slow-motion video, poor low light shots & bland-looking photos I suppose.

• Ian

Anonymous, 16 Dec 2016You know you can get a radio app which is free, yes you heard me... moreRadio apps eat Gb
If you are away from WiFi forget it
Unbelievable eh?