Samsung Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S8

• scorpio

Aizen79, 04 Sep 2018hi guys, new user of the s8.... Am not power user....no faceboo... more1% drop per hour should be ok.

hi guys, new user of the s8....
Am not power user....no facebook, no twitter, no instagram, occasional whatsapp...noticed the battery barely makes it by the second day. have chosen mid battery saver, disabled nfc, wifi,bluetooth, on gsm network..overnight drain is around 7%. Is this normal?

Eh?, 04 Sep 2018"And it will lag and freeze in few months of it's use" So the... moreFrom my experience, yes.
I often had issues with lag after few months of normal use. And it would sometimes just freeze for a while and screen would be unresponsive...

I most likley had defective unit tho, judging from my camera issues. But overall - phone like that shouldn't even make it to a store at a first place.

• scorpio

., 04 Sep 2018Scorpio, I trust what you say is true as I know that you are not... moreIt only happened the one time and actually freaked me out a little but I remember someone here suggesting that you merely need to tap the camera lens which is what I did and all was perfect again. I haven't had to use it since so I'm hoping that it was just an aberration. I will use it again though as my phone has a 2 year warranty with Telstra here in Australia.

• OTT

Tech-9, 02 Sep 2018Not every. Example Vainglory after some time it drop fps a somet... moreSo it's not EVERY game! So why say that?

I'm losing the will to live. I give up. Bye

• Eh?

Realistic1, 03 Sep 2018Read more comments here and also google it. I'm not trolling,... more"And it will lag and freeze in few months of it's use"

So the S8's will just lag and freeze after a few months?

• .

scorpio, 03 Sep 2018Oops here's where I end up with egg on my face. Until now my pho... moreScorpio, I trust what you say is true as I know that you are not a troll :)

Its very hard to tell who is telling the truth and many of the posts I see are posts that are super exaggerated to try and make a point or simply trolling.

I will also apologise to anyone that does have a genuine fault and I have dismissed them :)

KittY, 02 Sep 2018Mine is perfect since day one, no problem whatsoever, a real joy... moreRead more comments here and also google it.

I'm not trolling, blurry S8 camera is a real issue for big part of S8 users.
And it will lag and freeze in few months of it's use.

• scorpio

I smell BS, 01 Sep 2018Same here, taken loads of photos, never had to shake the phone o... moreOops here's where I end up with egg on my face. Until now my phone has been perfect. I've taken hundreds of photos and all have been sharp and perfect. two days ago I had to take a photo of an incident and it was blurry. I tapped the camera lens and took another photo and it had returned to perfection. Can't tell if it will happen again but I will re-test it. I apologise to all those who I had doubted.

• Cherry

I would like to buy the headphones that come with this phone, your recommendations?Thanks

Also i can drop geekbench results 2000/6700 and at throttling i receive 1600/4600 ot 1750/5500 kind of results. Not all restarts fix it

Exaggerated Perhaps?, 02 Sep 2018Yes, I have the August update and 206 games installed on my phon... moreNot every. Example Vainglory after some time it drop fps a sometime and keep this way after longer gameplay. I play Lineage 2 too heavy graphics game after heating in short time game is struggling.. Drop is easy noticeable. This wasnt prob. until few weeks ago...

• Fortnite?

Tech-9, 01 Sep 2018Did you updated to august security patch... After that every gam... moreHad a little look at some of your posts, are we talking about Fortnite? If so I could spend all night listing comments about people claiming the phones heating up or lag or whatever and it's not just your phone that has issues.

For example and as I said I could create an endless list.

"My phone lags to the point of being unplayable at times" (Note 9)

"I play on iPhone X and 1st gen iPad Pro and both suffer these problems"

"Seriously!?... how unoptimized is this damn game for mobile? YouÂ’re playing on the best mobile devices money can currently buy and the game still runs like poop. How is this not a bigger issue and how is Epic Games not getting flamed for making such a (thus far) crap port?"

• Exaggerated Perhaps?

Tech-9, 01 Sep 2018Did you updated to august security patch... After that every gam... moreYes, I have the August update and 206 games installed on my phone.

So every single game is struggling? that's what you are saying now, yeah? Every single game?

• KittY

Realistic1, 30 Aug 2018Same here. I expected more out of Samsung flagship. If there w... moreMine is perfect since day one, no problem whatsoever, a real joy to use...never heard about having to shake the phone camera. Smelling troll, aren't we ?

Fake News Alert, 01 Sep 2018Well you must have a different phone from me. I've had since lau... moreDid you updated to august security patch... After that every game is struggling and often fps droping i dont have to lie im telling the truth. Bench score is 200k but with games its overheating and throttling

• I smell BS

scorpio, 30 Aug 2018Did you ever consider returning it under warranty. I have taken ... moreSame here, taken loads of photos, never had to shake the phone or whatever....first I've heard of it.

I smell BS

• Fake News Alert

Tech-9, 01 Sep 2018Throttling is real. 1 year later struggling very hard yhis phone... moreWell you must have a different phone from me. I've had since launch and still flying.

Will put your post in the FAKE NEWS pile.

• Koba76

My s8 still working very good after 1 year and 2 month using. Battery stil lasting around 18-20 hours with 4+ hours sot..

Throttling is real. 1 year later struggling very hard yhis phone. Im very dissapointed!