Samsung Galaxy S9

Samsung Galaxy S9

relife, 19 Feb 2021does the iris scanner works in the dark? i mean like very d... moreThe last time I tried it the screen brightness goes way up which hurts my eyes. Id just use the fingerprint scanner.

• relife

MS, 19 Feb 2021Yes, phone has IR blaster and reflected IR is captured by I... morethx for ur input :)

• Angelo

I have a Samsung S9 (AT&T) which was bought in the United States, and it was delivered here to the Philippines. Apparently, I can't update the software to Android 10/One UI 2.5, it said that I'm running the latest software which it obviously isn't. I'm stuck in Android 9/One UI 1. Can anyone help?

• MS

relife, 19 Feb 2021does the iris scanner works in the dark? i mean like very d... moreYes, phone has IR blaster and reflected IR is captured by IRIS scanner. So it works in dark also

• relife

does the iris scanner works in the dark? i mean like very dark room with no light source. for example when im going to bed at night. does it work?

• BA

Anonymous, 05 Jan 2021I still have the S2.Yeah...i've got S5 now and Samsung has throttled the heck out of it. Sad that's how they stimulate more demand for new phone sales.

New security patch February update (16 Feb 2021)
Galaxy s9 Indonesia

1/2.55in sensor, that is HUGE

Received One UI 2.5 update yesterday (8th February 2021)

Many great features on this phone at $200. Display resolution (570pp!) is better than most $750-1000 phones on here. Great AKG tuned sound. Gorilla Glass 5 front/back, Adreno 630 GPU! Snapdragon CPU. 3.5mm headphone jack (Apple is bringing them back BTW), card slot. One could do much worse on a back-up phone than this one., even in 2021. The only other phone to consider at the price point is the Motorola One 5G.

• Mmmm

Still good phone, feels very fancy, got the SD slot and 3.5 jack, everything smooth as any other phone, great camera, great sound, battery lasts all day easy, approx. 4/5 hours SOT, Android 10 with Jan 2021 Security Patch.

Botch, 21 Jan 2021Mine too...considering upgrading to S21...what ya think?I'm upgrading to iPhone 12 pro max....it has constant battery life

January 2021 patch ready!

Botch, 21 Jan 2021Mine too...considering upgrading to S21...what ya think?Yes its true, some apps had bugs also battery drain 35% more. We love samsung resolution please......

• Kazi

Sarcov, 17 Jan 2021After January 2021 update, the phone is heating like hell a... moreYes my phone also and battery drain more than 35%. Is any one???

Sarcov, 17 Jan 2021After January 2021 update, the phone is heating like hell a... moreMine too...considering upgrading to S21...what ya think?

Heating up too bad. Especially the Exynos version after updating to One UI 2.5.

After January 2021 update, the phone is heating like hell and camera quality degraded. Anyone else noticed the same issue???

• Gmate

I've been using S9 for almost two years and although it is a three year old smartphone, in reality, let's be honest and say there hasn't been any real improvement in smartphones for the last three years, at lease for the majority of users. S9 still goes strong, still fast like when I bought it in early 2019. I think no real need to upgrade to any new Samsung smartphone if you already have S9. Forget about more Herz in display and ultra wide cameras bla bla, we are not pro photographers.

• just me

AnonD-919675, 23 Nov 2020I'm surprised when i see someone say "still using... moreSo true!