Samsung Galaxy S9

Samsung Galaxy S9

• Roberto

Hey guys. So I recently bought this phone (4 weeks ago) in Dubai. It's a 256GB S9 and it came with Android 9 already installed. I charged the phone to 100 percent and started using it without installing any apps. I was getting a battery drain of 1% every 7 minutes. After installing my apps and transferring my data from my Samsung A3 using Smart Switch, (drumrolls please), I was getting a drain of 1% every 3-4minutes

The store I bought it from sent me to their care centre who did a diagnostic test that showed the battery life is good. They said charge it a couple of cycles and it should be okay. Well geuss what it isn't.

I'm wondering is this issue an Android 9 issue? And if so is Samsung going to release an update to improve battery life because I keep charging my phone two to three times a day an I'm not a heavy user of my phone.

My A3 did way better with battery life honestly.

• Nerd

Sam4D, 26 May 2019If the difference is only 50euros, then I suggest you get the S1... moreNo phone has an HDD inside

• Tan

Anonymous, 31 May 2019Should I go for a S9 or a OnePlus 6T? the OnePlus costs about 50... moreS9. It IS superior no doubt. The 6T is also really good choice but S9 is just dam good. The 6T's screen might feel more useful thanks to its size but yea S9.

Should I go for a S9 or a OnePlus 6T? the OnePlus costs about 50 USD more.

Choice, 25 May 2019Should I get S9 or S10e, price difference is 50 euros!If the difference is only 50euros, then I suggest you get the S10e since it's a newer phone with some better tech inside "faster processor, more ram, starts with 128gb hdd & more stuff". I have an S9 and it's a great phone. I've never had any issues with it whatsoever but it's over a year old so I would definitely buy the newer phone.

• lalakis

Best phone ever

Choice, 25 May 2019Should I get S9 or S10e, price difference is 50 euros!Don't not buy s9, the ram as low as cheap devices, the free ram only 1.5Gb and when you install your daily app it goes at 1Gb or lower, so because of this it never run fortnite at highest quality you need to chose the lowest quality to run smoothly. in general s9 suffer from low ram and does't run smoothly.

• Choice

Should I get S9 or S10e, price difference is 50 euros!

Arslan, 23 May 2019Should i get note 8 or s9I was in the same dilemma between these two phones last year. I went for S9 but I regret a bit because I'm into sketching and drawing which is cool with note 8. Note 8 got all the latest updates in it. But I would say only go for note 8 if you are okay with big screen in regular use. Otherwise, S9 is still my favorite phone and I would also recommend it to you as well as it is a very compact phone and has a complete package of specs.

• Abdullah

Galaxy s9 has very low ram, the free ram is 1.5Gb without any app, that make it no different from galaxy s5, is there any solution to fix that?

Jambob, 17 May 2019Yup, I've had mine 8 months, the battery is appaling.I improved my battery life by setting up battery saving and following tips found on internet. I am now really pleased with battery.

• Arslan

Should i get note 8 or s9

• major

Hi all i have an s9 , can anyone help me i want to know how to get the reverse feature on my videos ????

• simz

Anonymous, 19 May 2019Go to settings in phone app, third option will be record calls. Enjoybut does this mean the s9 will not receive the update coz my security patch thing was last done 1 august 2018 its now confusing coz everyone else is getting an update

Pie user, 18 May 2019ur lucky, don't do the update... its terrible & it will dr... moreActually Android Pie 9 is really good on my S9. It gets a little time to get used to it, but really worth upgrading. Better battery too.

What should I pick? S9/S9 Plus or Sony Xperia XZ3... Thanks...

Dekson, 18 May 2019Dont buy this crap, i have paid 800€ for a phone with really ba... moreGo to settings in phone app, third option will be record calls. Enjoy

• Pie user

simz 1, 13 May 2019guys any help my phone s9 is not updating to android pieur lucky, don't do the update...
its terrible & it will drain your battery faster than before.
u lose alot of your favorite options

• Dekson

Dont buy this crap, i have paid 800€ for a phone with really bad battery and callrecording option removed.
Prefer huawei or xiaomi.

• Jambob

This guy, 15 May 2019Mine just did. Awesome!Yup, I've had mine 8 months, the battery is appaling.