Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e hands-on review
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e is one of the company's recent attempts at keeping Android tablets relevant even if every other company, including Google, has given up on them.
The Tab S5e is a thin and light tablet, much in the vein of the new iPad Air, and is targeted more at people who want to work while on the go and want something thinner, lighter and more portable than a notebook.
We realize that a more detailed article about this tablet may be overdue by a couple of months but this device recently came up on our radar as it just launched in the Indian market and its price in the European markets has started going down.
Integral to Samsung's laptop-replacement concept is the DeX mode, which transforms the standard Android tablet UI into more of a desktop-like experience. Previously, this required connecting the device to a monitor but now it works natively on the tablet itself.
Also working alongside is the new Book Cover Keyboard that Samsung sent us along with the tablet to review. This helps further drive home the point that this is meant to be a more work-centric device than just for entertainment.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e specs
- Design: Aluminum unibody, 245x160x5.5mm, 400g
- Display: 10.5-inch, 2560x1600 Super AMOLED
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 670, 2.0GHz octa-core CPU, Adreno 615 GPU
- Memory: 64GB storage with 4GB RAM, 128GB storage with 6GB RAM
- Rear Camera: 13MP f2.0, 4K30 video
- Front Camera: 8MP f2.0, 1080p30 video
- Battery: 7040mAh, supports fast charging
- Connectivity: Optional LTE, dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C 3.1
- Audio: Quad stereo speakers
- Misc: Side fingerprint sensor, face unlock, keyboard connector
Join us on the next page as we take this tablet for a spin.
Please, where can i get this from Nigeria
- 30 Aug 2021
Can u receive calls? Text ?
- 15 Jun 2021
No, I own it and I confirm it doesn't. If you are looking for S Pen compatibility then you need to check Galaxy Tabs S4, S6, S6 lite, S7, S7+.
- 08 Mar 2021