Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

• Cris
  • t7P
  • 04 Aug 2022

I recently buy one this 2022. I must say why Samsung discontinued to release this size with a stunning display (359 ppi) these days. Its so light and the display is a lot better than the recent S8+ 266 ppi.

I am lucky to acquire this after 8 years with a superb condition of its battery 10+ hours. I mostly use this for productivity like reading e-books and occasional videos. No browsing, facebook, games or other modern apps. I use my other tablet, phone or PC for that.

Upgrading it to Android 10 custom rom without GApps makes it perform well. I was able to use onscreen navigation keys instead of the hardware one will sure extend its life.

This tablet is a great buy this 2022 if you find a good condition like mine. I am so happy I was able to read a lot of books with it without modern apps distraction. Its stunning display and perfect size makes you read more.

I must say you can still show off this tablet to anyone with a newer tablet.

• ?
    • LgT
    • 29 May 2022

Troy, 12 Feb 2022I have this one and am disappointed you tube can't run... morewith a custom rom and some tricks Works fine

• ?
      • LgT
      • 29 May 2022

• a
        • ash lynx
        • M%x
        • 25 Apr 2022

Ada, 28 Feb 2022YouTube don't working recently, because they simply do... moreno working perfectly

• J
          • Jubs
          • Lp0
          • 15 Apr 2022

Ada, 28 Feb 2022YouTube don't working recently, because they simply do... moreOf course it works. On the latest firmware 6.0 it works

• A
            • Ada
            • dQ8
            • 28 Feb 2022

Troy, 12 Feb 2022I have this one and am disappointed you tube can't run... moreYouTube don't working recently, because they simply don't support 32bit device anymore.. use web version

• T
              • Troy
              • rRU
              • 12 Feb 2022

I have this one and am disappointed you tube can't run on it. Since when does YouTube not work with octacores with 3GB of ram? Disgustingly done on purpose. It's not that it's not capable. They wont let it. I refuse to partake in anymore of this technology they phase out after a couple of years. This stuff isn't cheap.

• B
                • Best. Tablet. Ever.
                • LuB
                • 12 Feb 2022

Most elegant design they ever did... thin and light... still a great screen by today's standards and great audio quality, and long battery life. Of course the specs aren't up to today's smart phones, but installing Lineage OS will greatly speed up the device and you can rely on SD cards for more storage space.

Dunno wtf Samsung was thinking to reduce the features on the latter generations and get rid of the 8 inch screen format... Just too bad they didn't instead update and improved on this perfect design, and went for those bulky 10 inch tablets.

• E
                  • Emily
                  • q8f
                  • 08 Feb 2022

I recently, accidentally dropped mine from a fairly high position. It still works, but half the screen has fine lines across it, most at the top and bottom. The lines sort if look like they are shaky/vibrating(?) . Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

• Crash613
                    • 6Cn
                    • 27 May 2021

still my daily. Will be until something better comes along. but it is starting to feel like that will never happen

• g
                      • gregcy89
                      • LfI
                      • 14 Apr 2021

TabS.lover, 06 Feb 2021 I wish they made more of these. I want to buy another one.... moreYou sure is the screen man? try to change the battery. mine was doing the same

• T
                        • TabS.lover
                        • xGk
                        • 06 Feb 2021

oneguy, 31 Aug 2020I am still using this tab too (31 08 2020). I am in love wi... more I wish they made more of these. I want to buy another one. My tab's screen died but still lights up the buttons and makes sounds too. :(

• Relu
                          • nh5
                          • 19 Dec 2020

Still using it daily, especially for youtube, netflix email, messaging. I change the battery myself about 1 year ago. It was relatively easy.

• E
                            • EPICUREaudio
                            • QVr
                            • 17 Dec 2020

oneguy, 31 Aug 2020I am still using this tab too (31 08 2020). I am in love wi... moreIt's just like a pair of slippers. Chosen finely, they'll serve you the same in return. Not perfect for sure, but at least what's important for you is.
                            ¨-_-¨

• o
                              • oneguy
                              • a0J
                              • 31 Aug 2020

I am still using this tab too (31 08 2020). I am in love with it. I would like to replace it becouse it fell and 2 squares are damaged, the battery is not the same and start botton is starting to be too soft.
                              I dont know why new tablets suck so much. They all pale if you compared their screens with the screen of tab s 8.4. 8.4 is the perfect size for reading in the bed. 10,5 inches are too much.
                              New ones have a metalic case who is not as confort as tab s 8.4. New ones are expensive, unconfortable, weights more and screens are not as good as tab s 8.4.

I wish i could buy a new tab s 8.4 in a reliable shop and get again 2 years warranty

• J

• L
                                  • Lonerock
                                  • 7yU
                                  • 01 Jul 2020

Does anyone know if the tab a 8.4 will come out in a wifi only version. Looking to upgrade my tab a 8.0 2015 version.

• S
                                    • Superhans
                                    • JXI
                                    • 22 May 2020

Well into 2020 and this gem of a tablet, with its marvelous combination of pitch-perfect screen resolution, hardware robustness (even after all these years!) and lightness (without the case, it weighs and feels like I'm holding a hi-res Kindle in my hands) is still my faithful workhorse of a tablet which is a real pleasure to use!

• l
                                      • lodbldbol
                                      • 4w4
                                      • 16 Nov 2019

Windroid OS X, 05 Sep 2019Yeah, I still have this one as my primary (really!) Android... more3C AIO Toolbox estimates my battery to be at 3810mah out of the original 4900, so it's likely at 80% of its original capacity

• W
                                        • Windroid OS X
                                        • cVc
                                        • 05 Sep 2019

Yeah, I still have this one as my primary (really!) Android device (updated to the last available Lineage OS ROM 14). Only problem I see is that the battery capacity appears to be down to 90% or 80% of the original capacity, judging from the way the unit charges slowly from 20% to 85%+, then suddenly jumps 100%. Too bad Sammy no longer makes tablets this durable ;).