Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

• Crash613

still my daily. Will be until something better comes along. but it is starting to feel like that will never happen

• gregcy89

TabS.lover, 06 Feb 2021 I wish they made more of these. I want to buy another one.... moreYou sure is the screen man? try to change the battery. mine was doing the same

• TabS.lover

oneguy, 31 Aug 2020I am still using this tab too (31 08 2020). I am in love wi... more I wish they made more of these. I want to buy another one. My tab's screen died but still lights up the buttons and makes sounds too. :(

• Relu

Still using it daily, especially for youtube, netflix email, messaging. I change the battery myself about 1 year ago. It was relatively easy.

• EPICUREaudio

oneguy, 31 Aug 2020I am still using this tab too (31 08 2020). I am in love wi... moreIt's just like a pair of slippers. Chosen finely, they'll serve you the same in return. Not perfect for sure, but at least what's important for you is.
¨-_-¨

• oneguy

I am still using this tab too (31 08 2020). I am in love with it. I would like to replace it becouse it fell and 2 squares are damaged, the battery is not the same and start botton is starting to be too soft.
I dont know why new tablets suck so much. They all pale if you compared their screens with the screen of tab s 8.4. 8.4 is the perfect size for reading in the bed. 10,5 inches are too much.
New ones have a metalic case who is not as confort as tab s 8.4. New ones are expensive, unconfortable, weights more and screens are not as good as tab s 8.4.

I wish i could buy a new tab s 8.4 in a reliable shop and get again 2 years warranty

• Jacob

August 2020, I am still using the device. such a gem

• Lonerock

Does anyone know if the tab a 8.4 will come out in a wifi only version. Looking to upgrade my tab a 8.0 2015 version.

• Superhans

Well into 2020 and this gem of a tablet, with its marvelous combination of pitch-perfect screen resolution, hardware robustness (even after all these years!) and lightness (without the case, it weighs and feels like I'm holding a hi-res Kindle in my hands) is still my faithful workhorse of a tablet which is a real pleasure to use!

• lodbldbol

Windroid OS X, 05 Sep 2019Yeah, I still have this one as my primary (really!) Android... more3C AIO Toolbox estimates my battery to be at 3810mah out of the original 4900, so it's likely at 80% of its original capacity

• Windroid OS X

Yeah, I still have this one as my primary (really!) Android device (updated to the last available Lineage OS ROM 14). Only problem I see is that the battery capacity appears to be down to 90% or 80% of the original capacity, judging from the way the unit charges slowly from 20% to 85%+, then suddenly jumps 100%. Too bad Sammy no longer makes tablets this durable ;).

• okar

Nisken98, 22 Feb 2019Its NOT a LCD-screen its an OLED-screen. Yeah, just like it says in this page.

Anonymous, 10 Jan 2019i got this tablet for 4 years battery is still amazing and ... moreI just reset mine yesterdayXDDDD

• Nisken98

JUN, 22 Nov 2018Where can I buy the LCD for this model? I have dropped my u... moreIts NOT a LCD-screen its an OLED-screen.

Compadre, 05 Jul 2018Hello, could you please tell me where did you order your ba... morei got this tablet for 4 years battery is still amazing and screen is great

• JUN

Where can I buy the LCD for this model? I have dropped my unit and the lower left side of the unit is broken. Tho I can still see some colors when I turned on the unit. I need help. Thank you. I am in Manila Philippines.

• pennsylvanian

Compadre, 05 Jul 2018Hello, could you please tell me where did you order your ba... moreBattery was $21 plus tax and $10 to ship, from newegg.com, on Sept 19, 2018. In Canada, they seem to be available at BestBuy and Walmart, but they do not ship to U.S. I saw them for $12 from Hong Kong, but the shipping was $60.

• Compadre

AteX, 17 May 2017I've disassembled my S 8.4 and tried to look after what cau... moreHello, could you please tell me where did you order your battery from for tab s 8.4. Considering this far amount of time, how are you satisfied with battery and screen on time?

• Sae

AteX, 17 May 2017I've disassembled my S 8.4 and tried to look after what cau... moreII bought mine in Dec 2014. In Nov 2017, the screen started flickering and the battery started to drain very fast. I followed instructions to replace the battery from YouTube and problem fixed. It took over 1h. I hear the newer models are not as easy to replace the battery.

I've disassembled my S 8.4 and tried to look after what causes the flickering and restarting what you have posted before. My battery had also drained insanely fast. After further examination I realized the problem can't be the battery connector because it seemed intact.

So, I have bought a new battery for ~15 pounds and after installation with 1 month usage-The problem has been solved.

I'm usually getting 7 hours screen-on time with heavy usage with a fairly consistent battery drain. And of course, there is no flickering anymore.
The average battery usage with screen-on is now 14.6%/h based on a fortnight measurement.

I guess I could advise you to buy a new battery if you have the same fault that I had.