Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4

• a
  • andripams
  • sED
  • 25 Aug 2022

Make it longer like Sony. Then make it flip. So you will have thinner flip phone. Thats what we are waiting for: thin flip phone. Not fold.

The coolest thing I could do with my Samsung E770 flip phone in 2006 was to open it with one hand (weight only 85g !). Great feeling. Can't do that anymore with Z Flip in 2022...

Tedpan, 22 Aug 2022Yep, doesn't release until the 26th August. Cannot wai... morex-actly... see everyone around with ugly screen.. and they put their heavy brick in a massive UGLY case to no avail. meanwhile "fragile" Flip3 is as new with no protection. Every single flagship i had since Samsung SPlus had disgusting screen in no time, hair scratches, tiny holes, destroyed Alu corners. Nothing like that happens on Flip. I just looked with a magni-frikkin-fier, and even those Alu corners are 100% despite falls, the back is 100% pristine despite no case, the screen is 100% as new. The screen did not catch a single hair scratch in a year, not a smudge, not a tiny hole, not a corner crack, no nothing. All that happens is the foild (which u don't even need) goes bubble after 100.000 folds and you replace it for free. In my case, after 10 long flagship-monogamy months.

so..where was I. Flip 3 killed my flagship promiscuity, it's so good. Of course there are not many changes in model 4, most of the "leaks" were fake (like bigger back sceen), but what is clear is big bump in battery life and photography. Test pictures look better than S22U but that's just my quick look. I make 5 pics a month. But if I do, i don't want it to come out horrible in the dusk like from Flip3. That seems to be fixed. I want to use phone like Garmin watch: check out the notifications and rarely fiddle with it. Slap it on the magnetic charger in car and go (hell yeah, the phone needs no magnet stickers). Keep folding all day. I was happy with Flip3 battery, caught it discharged just once. Flip4 will be way better. 25W/15W charging is "great", at least in Samsung terms. USB2.0 ("C" doesn't mean USB3) equals archaic transfer speeds and no Dex, but who uses Dex honestly. The transfers are needed only once per 3 months for a firmware upgrade via ODIN. Having phone like Flip will make you realize that -- you don't need to be a spec nerd and look for things that don't matter.

Anyways, it's a buy. I just changed the foil on Flip3 - lasted really long. No scratches anywhere despite no case. Clearly, the most durable phone in a decade. Yes I said it!

And if I could add my wishes: well, SD card, and S-PEN. I want the S-PEN right here, in this phone, so I never ever need to buy a cavemans heavy brick like Note or Ultra.

AllanR, 22 Aug 2022did you evn read the article? It weighs 187 grams. That is... morethat is precisely what I was talking about. did you mean to reply to the person to whom I responded?

I dreamt I had one, in pink. The camera was good👌🏾😅

• W
              • Wim
              • fjU
              • 23 Aug 2022

The secondary screen can be used for selfies so would prefer the punch hole removed

• ?
                • H0j
                • 23 Aug 2022

AlienKiss, 11 Aug 2022As a heavy duty smartphone user that is only using high-end... moreso tl;dr, it doesn't suit your needs.
                Just say that. No one is forcing you to buy it, and it will suit other people. You just sound really salty about a feature that's not on this phone

Kalisto.SP, 16 Aug 2022I'm living in Belgium and still can't buy one, it... moreYep, doesn't release until the 26th August. Cannot wait for mine to arrive. The flip is the whole reason I wanted the phone. Fed up of scratches on the screen, my pixel 6 pro is scraped and rear glass is broken. I'm gonna miss the camera, but the flip 4 will suit all my other needs..

Jemlim, 21 Aug 2022You can never confirm that isn't is heavy if u HAVENT ... moredid you evn read the article?
                    It weighs 187 grams. That is not heavy

Mazda, 15 Aug 2022Mid ranger camera and Ram ,heavy ,expinsive ,no 3.5 audio... moreYou can never confirm that isn't is heavy if u HAVENT EVEN had a hands-on with the phone.
                      And finally, just use dongles to deal with the headphone jack problem.

Kkiran, 19 Aug 2022Why have they given s21 fe camera on this one?? Not even th... moreBecause people want a phone as small as a wallet.

• K
                          • Kkiran
                          • tTg
                          • 19 Aug 2022

Why have they given s21 fe camera on this one?? Not even the s22??… Software optimised? Means they can anytime degrade the camera with software when the phone is old enough so you buy a new one! Plastic display that you can see waves on when seen from an angle…
                          Just for a gimmicky fold… Why not buy a proper phone with great specs for that price!

• k
                            • kl
                            • IVM
                            • 18 Aug 2022

UNKNOWN soldier , 11 Aug 2022its just ridiculous... europe...the 128 g 8 ram = 1200 ... morei think it has more to do with local tax structures. you should get your facts right.

• P
                              • Peter
                              • p@s
                              • 17 Aug 2022

Kalisto.SP, 16 Aug 2022I'm living in Belgium and still can't buy one, it... moreI have mine directly from Samsung BE

• K
                                • Kalisto.SP
                                • mwe
                                • 16 Aug 2022

Peter, 16 Aug 2022In the Netherlands and Belgium Samsung already released and... moreI'm living in Belgium and still can't buy one, it's only preorder

• P
                                  • Peter
                                  • p@s
                                  • 16 Aug 2022

In the Netherlands and Belgium Samsung already released and delivered the Flip 4. Great phone !

AlienKiss, 11 Aug 2022As a heavy duty smartphone user that is only using high-end... moreI work in Telcom retail, I have never met anyone who has ever asked for a removable phone hard drive. At this stage I don't meet many people who even care about expandable storage.

bruh 4 u, 12 Aug 2022pls check this, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB usb 2.0 bandwidth It's USB-C revision 2.0

• ?